CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I could be wrong but in the "next episode" segment for Episode 5 I think there's some footage of forge.

Plz post pics

Honestly if I had to choose between useless underpowered abilities like the groundpound apparantly is and overpowered, game-changing ones (like in Halo 4, Reach) I'll take the former thank you.

Besides, what if you can use the pound for increased map-maneuverability? What if this move isn't best at killing things but at giving you a faster downward movement speed?

anyone wanna be a bro and invite me to preview program???

GT-I AM DESPISED

neeeeed to play this tomorrow

1. You wouldn't get in in time, it takes weeks to get accepted.

2. It is an offer for those who have actually done something in the preview program.

3. No.

There's something about this game: I can't put my finger on it, but something makes it look super fun and exciting. There's potential here, even if it's gonna be different.

There's something about this game: I can't put my finger on it, but something makes it look super fun and exciting. There's potential here, even if it's gonna be different.

Definitely looks to have potential. You just have to not look at the games title.

I've gotta say who ever was involved with making The Sprint did a really good job... It's really entertaining.

The production team at 343 are no joke. I've worked with those guys extensively in the past months and they know how to make great content.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow. That was actually really entertaining.  Can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes as well as some gameplay tomorrow!

I've gotta say, though; working with all of the different teams in the studio seems like a huge pain.  Most of the mp team had good ideas and it seemed like they genuinely knew how to make a good map.  And then that art guys steps in and basically says "let's add giant moving shadows on the map".  It's gotta be so hard rejecting ideas like that without being condescending.

+1 respect for @@Deez

• Upvote (+1) 7

Definitely looks to have potential. You just have to not look at the games title.

Godzilla 1998 all over again.

Wow. That was actually really entertaining.  Can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes as well as some gameplay tomorrow!

I've gotta say, though; working with all of the different teams in the studio seems like a huge pain.  Most of the mp team had good ideas and it seemed like they genuinely knew how to make a good map.  And then that art guys steps in and basically says "let's add giant moving shadows on the map".  It's gotta be so hard rejecting ideas like that without being condescending.

+1 respect for @@Deez

Yeah kind of like how they were showing off the map in its simplest form, with solid geometry clear cut sightlines, etc. Then the art guys want to round out edges and add texture and stuff and it changes the way the map plays. 

Edit: Let me also state that I really like the art style of Thruth. Its just clear that nades bouncing off random bumps, uneven ground, etc is not the fault of the guys who actually design these maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am suffering right now. Is there any other way to watch the sprint without an xbox or windows 8? :(

Yeah kind of like how they were showing off the map in its simplest form, with solid geometry clear cut sightlines, etc. Then the art guys want to round out edges and add texture and stuff and it changes the way the map plays. 

Edit: Let me also state that I really like the art style of Thruth. Its just clear that nades bouncing off random bumps, uneven ground, etc is not the fault of the guys who actually design these maps.

It's sad, really. That's the curse of the progression of video games.

The production team at 343 are no joke. I've worked with those guys extensively in the past months and they know how to make great content.

Absolutely, I feel like I'll appreciate playing the game a lot more now having seen how much time and effort all the different departments of 343 put in to it. 

Plz post pics

http://imgur.com/a/pHTr3

Pretty stupid that only people in this preview get early access to the beta when they sold us a broken game it should be extended for everybody.

What do you mean? Godzilla 1998 was god like...

:kappa:

FirestormPlasma3 hours ago

No one would buy Halo if it was as slow-paced as Halo CE. The old Halo games were good only for the campaign and the awesome competitive community, not the actual mechanics. Sadly, nowadays most people only care for awesome mechanics and fancy graphics...

Just saw this near the top of the H5 Guardians MP beta trailer and all I have to say is LOL. Sadly, this is why H5 is the way it is, to appeal to Staff sergeants who dont even know Halo MP like this guy.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just saw this near the top of the H5 Guardians MP beta trailer and all I have to say is LOL. Sadly, this is why H5 is the way it is, to appeal to Staff sergeants who dont even know Halo MP like this guy.

H5 looks fast paced though?

I was batch pls. Commented in that reply thread cos I was so done when I read that

I read that as well. Now searching through extensions for disabling youtube comments. I can't handle them anymore.