CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wait there's bloom? Lol I did not know that. Smh.

Finally getting real theater back is cool though.

H3 theater?

I'll be honest, I am having a BLAST playing Arena Breakout. Playing with full shields, more weapons, different maps really made it play much smoother.

To help improve it even more, we need to switch the spawn base every 2 rounds, some of the maps spawn are little bit unfair for example, blue team are almost guarantee to get rail gun on the rig.

@@Sal1ent hope you guys look into this tip.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll be honest, I am having a BLAST playing Arena Breakout. Playing with full shields, more weapons, different maps really made it play much smoother.

To help improve it even more, we need to switch the spawn base every 2 rounds, some of the maps spawn are little bit unfair for example, blue team are almost guarantee to get rail gun on the rig.

@@Sal1ent hope you guys look into this tip.

ffe66f9343654cb84576a470653245f0.png

I saw Quinn sneaking in my mentions earlier... looks like he got the feedback.

But I also posted it in the official feedback thread for good measure.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Haven't had a chance to play Arena Breakout. What weapons would be viable power weapons? Things like Rockets and Snipes wouldn't work imo so we're left with a lot of tier two weapons and some minor power weapons. Each map should have at least a Hydra or a Plasma Caster. I wouldn't mind having both. Possibly test out having an OS and a Plasma Pistol? I wouldn't want to see needles or boltshots personally.

useless cooper post

Unless there is some forum rule I missed im pretty sure I can neg whatever I want for whatever reason I want.

Why does it even matter anyways. Does anyone actually care about thier rep?

Ugh it's hopeless. I said that to you after you assumed I negged you for disagreeing. I didn't tell you how you should use ur rep, I'm explaining to you that the majority of others don't use it in the exact way you assumed, yet you still assumed that lol. It's not just my post, but idk how you read some of these posts and come up with the responses you do.. like responding to Akuma's post saying sarcastically that yeah, sprint is the only way to solve that problem. Everyone but you understood he didn't say that. I think I'm just dealing with a lost cause, sucks cause it seems like you have SOOO many questions all the time too.

Who knows how you'll interpret this post. I'm probably some pro sprint commie after writing this up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Awesome I hope they take that feedback and actually implement it though. Arena breakout plays more in line with halo 5 than regular breakout and would fit better in HCS IMO. More strategies can be executed due to more paths to take. Power weapon placements need to be tweaked but overall a rotating sides arena breakout would be awesome. Adding OS and camo along will also promote more flow to the maps and give more areas to contest at the start of the match.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really dont think power weapons should spawn at start, that further down plays the objective in the middle. Maybe have something low tier at start, then a better weapon 30/45 seconds in. Then have have something like rockets at 1 min 30 if the round is still going on. Gives some hope for the team with a disadvantage.

I love the aiming now and I see why people complain. Some people that were good in h2a that I ran customs with now in halo 5 lost it because out shooting people rarely exicted. Eventually everyone has equally skilled shots but in h5 if you have a good shot you can beat some one with a decent shot when yur 2 shot or 1 by not missing and a good strafe. I love it cause it creates a big skill gap

Haven't had a chance to play Arena Breakout. What weapons would be viable power weapons? Things like Rockets and Snipes wouldn't work imo so we're left with a lot of tier two weapons and some minor power weapons. Each map should have at least a Hydra or a Plasma Caster. I wouldn't mind having both. Possibly test out having an OS and a Plasma Pistol? I wouldn't want to see needles or boltshots personally.

useless cooper post

Ugh it's hopeless. I said that to you after you assumed I negged you for disagreeing. I didn't tell you how you should use ur rep, I'm explaining to you that the majority of others don't use it in the exact way you assumed, yet you still assumed that lol. It's not just my post, but idk how you read some of these posts and come up with the responses you do.. like responding to Akuma's post saying sarcastically that yeah, sprint is the only way to solve that problem. Everyone but you understood he didn't say that. I think I'm just dealing with a lost cause, sucks cause it seems like you have SOOO many questions all the time too.

Who knows how you'll interpret this post. I'm probably some pro sprint commie after writing this up.

I

Do

Not

Care

Why do you keep going on and on about this? Let it go.

Or i'll neg you again and you can cry for 5 more pages.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

So @@TheIcePrincess and I got put on different teams while partied up. wtf?

I remeber reach did that at launch constantly. I'd play btb in a party of 8 and the party would split up on to both teams.

I

Do

Not

Care

Constantly asks questions, can't understand why people respond to those same questions.. lol amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I

Do

Not

Care

You care so little that you keep replying to it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So many wasted man power and hours on making Breakout maps and an edgy new gamemode...why didn't they at least figure this stuff out in the year between Beta and release? :( 

I'm of the mind that game design is much better on a very small scale. With lack of endless tools and abilities to do anything, focus can be much more efficient at doing what they should be rather than what can be...possibly what made Halo so great at first. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to play a game on iPad called Nova 3 that had an entire meta game built around jet pack - mostly around timing it's recharge rate sort of like maintaining speed and power in a wwii fighter simulation. It was fun. It could work in Halo, but it would have the be a totally separate game type. This is one of two areas where I would like to see 343 invest resources - keep solid classic playlists, innovate in game types and with excellent map design. Maps are so absolutely critical but look what we get.

Off topic: did you happen to play Nova 2 as well? I recall at least one good player with "Von" in his tag.

If you didn't get a chance to play N2:

FFA (basically Snipers) and Instagib were incredible in N2. The strafe was godlike, there were tricky jumps to throw people off, and there weren't any garbage mechanics... except for the Lightning Gun, which I would equate to the AR, though it was more like the Storm Rifle if people were teamshooting. The honor rules among good players consisted of using only the Sniper, except when out of ammo. If I weren't so busy and the servers worked for everyone around the world, I would still play it today. The fun came from the sheer power you could wield if you were on fire, as well as the unadulterated simplicity. It felt like an incredibly simplified version of Halo 1 in that everyone was equal and one person could go off and completely dominate a match at any time, Darkman style.

You care so little that you keep replying to it.

Don't add to this stupidity please.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Off topic: did you happen to play Nova 2 as well? I recall at least one good player with "Von" in his tag.

If you didn't get a chance to play N2:

FFA (basically Snipers) and Instagib were incredible in N2. The strafe was godlike, there were tricky jumps to throw people off, and there weren't any garbage mechanics... except for the Lightning Gun, which I would equate to the AR, though it was more like the Storm Rifle if people were teamshooting. The honor rules among good players consisted of using only the Sniper, except when out of ammo. If I weren't so busy and the servers worked for everyone around the world, I would still play it today. The fun came from the sheer power you could wield if you were on fire, as well as the unadulterated simplicity. It felt like an incredibly simplified version of Halo 1 in that everyone was equal and one person could go off and completely dominate a match at any time, Darkman style.

didn't nova 2 have pre set loadouts?

I really dont think power weapons should spawn at start, that further down plays the objective in the middle. Maybe have something low tier at start, then a better weapon 30/45 seconds in. Then have have something like rockets at 1 min 30 if the round is still going on. Gives some hope for the team with a disadvantage.

Entirely disagree with this. The fact that power weapons are up at the beginning creates diversity and different strategies in opening rushes. If there isn't something to push for, then why would I leave the security of my base until someone gets a pick? On top of that, there's radar that make it impossible to break in for opponents. Power weapons help alleviate that. If someone is camping, they get rocketed or shotgunned.

I think most maps are good, but I have a few specific gripes:

Rig: I dislike the most is how there's a Railgun on Nest when there's nothing in Tower or Yellow Corner.

Truth: Its layout as it is a battle for positioning and kills more than it is to control something. There should be something else like a Plasma Caster or whatever else.

Coliseum: Not sure why there's a Scattershot bottom mid but a Suppressor top rockets when it's the most dangerous spot on the map.

Regret: Flag capture spots need to be on top of the base, not in the bottom. The bottom is far too easy to camp with the Shotgun.

didn't nova 2 have pre set loadouts?

Customizable loadouts in everything but Instagib, which was the main competitive mode, hence the honor rules in not putting the ALG or stuff like three second spawn invulnerability in your loadout in FFA. Perks like higher jump weren't shamed too much, as jumping was almost a death sentence against elite players and a skilled player could make all the jumps using the double jump glitch and assorted geometry. Using the Alien Lightning Gun instead of the Sniper would naturally prevent you from becoming an elite player, because it killed slower and had less effective range, but nonetheless there was a stigma surrounding the ALG because it was powerful and easy enough to make kills seem underserved, and also contributed to screen lag; the "git gud" argument works until the weapon you're struggling against has the ability to affect your ability to shoot.

No aim assist and no spread combined with firefights that can last anywhere from zero to ten seconds. It was structured chaos. I miss it.

Ugh anyone else having Xbox live issues?

Yup. Destiny is down too.