CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well i'll be damned 343 finally responded to the Dedicated Servers issues, took em long enough.

Thank you for your reports, we are actively investigating this issue. To assist with our investigation, can each of you please provide the following?

What country are you located in?

Description of your experience (Warping, delayed registration, walking into walls etc.)

- Xbox DVR video proof is also extremely helpful

How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?)

- Does this happen multiple times per game?

Make / Model of your router

Firmware version of your router

ISP & Bandwidth speeds (Up / Down)

Any additional information you can provide would also be of great help.

Thank you,

The Forum Team

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/dedicated-servers-eu/a65cf801-460d-49f5-abcc-4b172f736b3a/posts?page=66

You can shoot the silver barrel on the small "jump up" structure in front of blue window to extend a platform and gain access to blue base from the front window.

I've found that blue has the advantage on that map. With proper slide boosting, it's a lot easier to get to rockets (and get good grenades on them) than it is for red team. Red team tends to have a safer access to catwalk/shotgun though.

But like I said, alternating rounds would fix this stuff in a heartbeat.

Although that does exist, it also makes a fair bit of noise when activated, drawing the attention of the other team.  I can't remember if you can crouch jump onto it, but if not, that's 3 clambers instead of 1.  Still a pretty big disadvantage.

I assume the game spawns you away from your base when there's an enemy there. Though, don't quote me on that.

When there's enemies trying to capture your base you spawn outside your base, but you don't spawn so far away.

This happens when there's no enemies nearby and it spawns me much further away.

You can never go "too far" with grammar.

Not to sound defensive, but what exactly is there to say on Halo 5's core mechanics/the discussion that wouldn't just be a reiteration of what I, or someone else has said already? I mean, I've said my parts on what I like/dislike with the game, and I won't go further on them (In depth, at least), because I'll either just come off as cynical, or be downvoted and argue more, for saying what I like (Subjective things like art style, gameplay elements, etc).

P.S: Sorry for responding late; arguing like this is just mentally exhausting.

I didn't even think we were arguing...

Honestly its whatever to me. I come to this forum half for the people and half for the game. I'm not going to get butthurt because you're posting about armor or REQs or jokes or whatever because I usually enjoy it more then the constant (but well deserved) criticism of the game.

and lol why are you going to get downvoted? No one on here legitimately cares about your opinion on the game, whether you enjoy it or not. Don't be scared of "being cynical"; not enjoying something comes with anything you like.

I guess the point is I sort of see where people are coming from, but I just don't care. You're a cool person and one of the stand out people here considering I have not once seen a cynical or depressing post from you, and you're a pretty nice person from what I can gather (except for when you spartan charged me you dickhead)

343 chooses to surround themselves with the people/community that say great things about their games, and are willing to donate to the ego machine.

And when all you choose to hear is the good, eventually you begin believing in it.

From business pov thats just plain idiotic, if all you hear is good and can't accept that your product has flaws it will fail and die.

I mean perhaps Im overreacting but I pretty much fear that even shreds of classic Halo will die in Halo 6.. Or that the franchice will die as it is transformed by latest gaming trends. (looking at Halo 4's COD imitation, Halo 5's movement style & MOBA stylish warzone and microtransactions).

pe8dafP.png

My daily win pack for Arena.

Very lackluster.

You can still get perma stuff but the Warzone pack is where it's worth it. There not really meant to be something grand like an actual silver or gold

• Upvote (+1) 1

No...

Ok, good. I haven't seen footage. Just saw people freaking out about the bases being forge pieces or something?

Ok, good. I haven't seen footage. Just saw people freaking out about the bases being forge pieces or something?

3 bases plus two home bases. The two home bases are the same as all warzone maps and the two outer bases are two garages from ARC. The middle base is called the monument and is unique to the map. The map itself looks really nice though, like a real halo city map. Crashed cars, pelicans, traffic lanes, and man cannons that shoot you super far, further than apex 7s.

Cool. Glad to see a real map added.

I may actually buy a req pack or two now that I know they will be adding non forge maps.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Cool. Glad to see a real map added.

I may actually buy a req pack or two now that I know they will be adding non forge maps.

None of the warzone maps are forge maps, and they never will be.

So, Arena Breakout is better than Breakout, but in the same way that I'd rather drink piss than eat shit.

It's still an elimination game type which doesn't belong in an arena shooter.

For some reason there does seem to be an agenda to force-feed this kind of elimination game type into the competitive arena playlist. So Arena Breakout may be a better fit in that sense because the gameplay and gunplay is consistent (for the actual players). But should it belong? Does it give less moments of hype compared to traditional Breakout? That is up for debate.

All that being said, traditional Breakout is more unique as a stand-alone playlist. It feels more like a quick few rounds of "paintball" (as I have seen the game type described by others). It may even be less intimidating for a dabbler to acquaint themselves with Halo due to the style of maps, simplistic and minimalist gameplay/gunplay. Its an intimate experience, but not an overwhelming one. It just feels like you are in and out more quickly. So if someone only has 30 minutes to play, they might be able to squeeze a couple extra matches in.

So loosen skill restrictions.

I'd rather play individual kids who are ranked higher than me than a to4.

I'm with you lol, make it exactly like the system h3 had.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it trying to spawn me near team mates or something?

Yes. Spawns in WZ Assault are team-influenced.

So do we know if Battle of Noctus is getting a Warzone Assault variant?

Nope.

Although that does exist, it also makes a fair bit of noise when activated, drawing the attention of the other team.  I can't remember if you can crouch jump onto it, but if not, that's 3 clambers instead of 1.  Still a pretty big disadvantage.

The trick is to shoot it before moving the flag... though anyway, if you're pulling the flag, you should be in a position to cap it uncontested most of the time.

No clamber needed though (same with front red even though I did it out of habit).

Here:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vetoed/video/13205196

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember some time ago a table with weapon kill times was posted here. Does anyone know where I can find it?

So do we know if Battle of Noctus is getting a Warzone Assault variant?

I think it's safe to say that there will be an Assault variant, but I guess it will count as a map on it's own and be part of the january update...

From browsing around the main halo community sites tonight, the community as a whole seems to be really losing their patience with the lack of game types in this game. 343 is making it even worse by giving almost zero details except for the occasional "we are working on new gametypes for the future." Honestly it blows my mind that they thought no one was going to care about not having things such as Infection, koth, or oddball in the game at launch or shortly after. The sad thing is that they may not have even intended on ever adding some of those gametypes, for if they did common sense would surely have told them to add at least one or two by now considering the constant complaints and questions about it. 

"#Sustain" could have worked, and been fantastic, if they actually tried to innovate and push the series forward each month. Instead, the last two months have felt like Halo 0.5: Guardians and next week we will be getting Halo 0.75 or so. 

Despite Halo 5 continuing the trend of "modern" Halo, I think the number one fuckup from 343 has been not having specific release dates for announcements, updates, patches, etc. Even the biggest 343 cock suckers are starting to get agitated at "but we can't discuss this right now" and "it'll be announced SOON". 

I'm going to assume this is a management fail over at 343. If there's an announcement such as when the next update is scheduled for (even if it's just a "week of" announcement like with the current one), or letting us know when the first season starts, just saying "soon" is a load of shit. If managed properly, you should have these announcements scheduled in advance so when people inquire when to expect them, they can say, for example, "We will be announcing this in our weekly update on Friday" or "you can expect us to release a formal statement tomorrow evening" or something along those lines. Everything being "soon" is beyond annoying. How is it so hard for them to do this? If they are going to mention something and follow it up with "but we can't talk about that now" THEN DON'T FUCKING MENTION IT. That's not how you gain interest from people, that's how you lose it. When a casual Halo fan watches something and hears about a nice feature coming back for example, followed by them saying they can't discuss anything about it or when it is expected to come out, that person leaves the stream/video thinking they will just go back to playing whatever other game that they were playing and jump back on Halo in 2 months to see if it was added by then.

If instead they said "we are playtesting Oddball, KoTH, Extraction, and one flag CTF at the moment and are making adjustments to them as needed. We will have an update in our next community blog with our results and which modes will make their way back to Halo 5 as well as release date (or week timeframe)" that would go a long way to building a community up. They don't know how to build a player base and everything they do either pits the players against each other (i.e. modern vs. classic halo players - which can be remedied when forge drops and maps can be built around no abilities and offer those maps in a classic settings playlist), or just completely turns people off of the game by addressing their concerns or wants but being very vague with no specifics both about those issues or when to expect them to be addressed in an update.

Top that off with what we are getting in updates currently should have been in the game at launch and you get people leaving the community fast and not caring to look back for a while, if at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3