CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Don't worry about that sort of shit. You don't have to please all the people. Some people will dislike you no matter what you do, just because it seems a bit different than usual. It goes for almost everyone. I've had people treat me as weird for standing out in terms of looks, and I never gave a shit. In fact, I turned it into one of my main "selling points". The last thing you should do is lose your individuality because someone considers it odd or out-of-place.

If your posts are readable, and you're able to form valid opinions without offending people, then that's as far as it goes for whether you should post on forums or not. There's no such thing as "too proper grammar"... that's just bitching to bitch. Trust me, it's not hard to skip a post which you can identify by an avatar. Most people scroll past thousands if not tens of thousands of words they have no interest in reading every day. Complaining about something like that holds no merit.

You do you.

You do you, more. You do it well. More so amazingly.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You do you, more. You do it well. More so amazingly.

Enjoy your plus rep bomb just because chaos lol.

I know I have my fair of people who consider me unfavorable, but its K. Im lovin it :halo:

Its a forum <3

greek-philosophers.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Enjoy your plus rep bomb just because chaos lol.

OKAY. I saw that and literally thought I went batcrap crazy, because I was sure it was at 1163, not 1210. That just caught me right the hell off guard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anybody tested the range on the plasma pistol while zoomed? Holy fuck! Tracked as far as we could go on Truth. Not a small map. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played a game of Regret Arena Breakout. Played really well actually. The lack of sight lines and speed of the flag run make its really competetive over the objective and people are pretty much always moving for kills or the flag.

Adding Rockets or a Railgun bottom mid would top it off nicely imo, I wouldnt mind watching something like that in HCS. Making the Pistol 4sk would make it awesome, and really help the potential of individual plays.

From browsing around the main halo community sites tonight, the community as a whole seems to be really losing their patience with the lack of game types in this game. 343 is making it even worse by giving almost zero details except for the occasional "we are working on new gametypes for the future." Honestly it blows my mind that they thought no one was going to care about not having things such as Infection, koth, or oddball in the game at launch or shortly after. The sad thing is that they may not have even intended on ever adding some of those gametypes, for if they did common sense would surely have told them to add at least one or two by now considering the constant complaints and questions about it.

"#Sustain" could have worked, and been fantastic, if they actually tried to innovate and push the series forward each month. Instead, the last two months have felt like Halo 0.5: Guardians and next week we will be getting Halo 0.75 or so.

Just went on Waypoint and they're even losing their shit over there. If that's happening you know there is something wrong.

Needs moar KOTHBALL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not touching this game for now. Waiting for the next update, I just have absolutely no motivation to play the game. Its weird because I think H5 is miles better than H4, but I played a lot more H4 games this time after launch than I have with H5.

I don't have any problems admitting I went ballistic with 343's attitude toward MCC and since. I am the first to say my posts are some of the most angry toward 343. But the difference is you can't admit how you push people down to feel better about yourself.

I am done with this topic. I had a fairly good idea it wasn't a good idea.

Lol, like I said, don't get so upset, it's a discussion board. People have and will always disagree and agree in many ways. If it's upsetting you this much maybe you're just not cut out for it? Nothing I said was horribly offensive or wrong so, idk man, idk what to tell ya. People shouldn't be so quick to shit on things if they don't want to get called out for it. :p
  • Upvote (+1) 2

From browsing around the main halo community sites tonight, the community as a whole seems to be really losing their patience with the lack of game types in this game. 343 is making it even worse by giving almost zero details except for the occasional "we are working on new gametypes for the future." Honestly it blows my mind that they thought no one was going to care about not having things such as Infection, koth, or oddball in the game at launch or shortly after. The sad thing is that they may not have even intended on ever adding some of those gametypes, for if they did common sense would surely have told them to add at least one or two by now considering the constant complaints and questions about it. 

"#Sustain" could have worked, and been fantastic, if they actually tried to innovate and push the series forward each month. Instead, the last two months have felt like Halo 0.5: Guardians and next week we will be getting Halo 0.75 or so. 

I wonder if that means the next title will be halo 0.6?

that would explain a lot...

They're all amazing at Halo but as far as I know none of them have any real experience playing FPS outside of Halo.

I've noticed this as well. They're definitely not knowledgeable at all on other arena shooters and what they do differently. Halo can go a long way if 343 looks at what Quake and UT have done with weapon types and map layouts. It's why I've never expected much from the pro team. They're just telling 343 what they know they're going to hear (make this game as close to Halo 2 or even 3).

"#Sustain" could have worked, and been fantastic,

The term "sustain" really annoys me. Any big MP game want to keep their players playing month to month. Different devs go about that in different ways, 343 is just the first ones to actually "brand" it to make it seem like they are doing more than they actually are. Ineviatbly, the likes of r/halo gobble that shit up and shout SUSTAIN if you dare suggest 343 arent doing well post-launch.

didn't 343 do some sort of server selection adjustment?

I just played 4 games of that Breakout weekend playlist, it's not bad but all of those games have had a bad connection with at least 3 players lag back and forth...

How long does it take to 343 to realize that their "Halo" does not work ? It's frustrating as hell to see how they ignore any logical suggestions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How long does it take to 343 to realize that their "Halo" does not work ? It's frustrating as hell to see how they ignore any logical suggestions.

343 chooses to surround themselves with the people/community that say great things about their games, and are willing to donate to the ego machine.  

And when all you choose to hear is the good, eventually you begin believing in it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its why you see them being very slow with sandbox/balance changes. It seems like they take personal offence to making the slightest of adjustments to the game.

pe8dafP.png

My daily win pack for Arena.

Very lackluster.

Fuck yes! Finally.

Got my DMR from a silver pack at level 46.

On another note, why the hell do I randomly get spawned like 100m from a base and then often end up getting sniped or run over by a ghost before I can even take a step?

If I want to spawn at the West Armory spawn me at the fucking West Armory, not down on the beach in completely the wrong direction I want to be going.

Happens all the time and it's infuriating. I don't think there's been a single time it's spawned me outside the zone I chose where it's actually been an advantage to me.

WTF is going on?

Is it trying to spawn me near team mates or something?

Fuck yes! Finally.

Got my DMR from a silver pack at level 46.

On another note, why the hell do I randomly get spawned like 100m from a base and then often end up getting sniped or run over by a ghost before I can even take a step?

If I want to spawn at the West Armory spawn me at the fucking West Armory, not down on the beach in completely the wrong direction I want to be going.

Happens all the time and it's infuriating. I don't think there's been a single time it's spawned me outside the zone I chose where it's actually been an advantage to me.

WTF is going on?

Is it trying to spawn me near team mates or something?

I assume the game spawns you away from your base when there's an enemy there. Though, don't quote me on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1