CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Needle_Rifle_right.jpg

We can get the SPNKr and M6D but we have a Carbine skin on the Needle Rifle?

Ew.

A bit disappointed with the new control settings.

Don't get me wrong, it's a step in the right direction, but I was expecting more.

More sensitivity options, eg. 3.5, 4.1, etc.

Horizontal / Vertical sensitivity

ADS / Zoom sensitivity

And the aim acceleration I was hoping to be able to control the curve, but it sounds like we're just choosing how long we want the delay to be before it kicks in, perhaps someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong.

I'm not entirely sure if this is going to fix the aiming but hopefully I'm wrong.

BTW, does anything find it absolutely hilarious that with all the pro testing the guys did to screw up the aim since the beta and Strongside went back to using an aim acceleration of 2 and then said he thinks it feels better...

Like, duh, you guys were the ones that decided it was screwed up to begin with, far out.

Also, why is the aim acceleration defaulted to 3? Shouldn't the default be 5 so you can almost turn it off by going down further?

The aim acceleration on 3 is already insane, there's no way I can imagine a player playing on 10 unless they're just screwing around.

• Upvote (+1) 7

We know what thier thoughts on the matter are but just like with social playlists, EVERYONE disagrees with them.

Ok, literally one person disagrees lol.

Not too sure why it's so hard for you to understand that negs =/= disagreeing opinions. I guess you use it that way but didn't multiple people in the last few days all tell you the same thing?

A bit disappointed with the new control settings.

Don't get me wrong, it's a step in the right direction, but I was expecting more.

More sensitivity options, eg. 3.5, 4.1, etc.

Horizontal / Vertical sensitivity

ADS / Zoom sensitivity

And the aim acceleration I was hoping to be able to control the curve, but it sounds like we're just choosing how long we want the delay to be before it kicks in, perhaps someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong.

I'm not entirely sure if this is going to fix the aiming but hopefully I'm wrong.

Kinda assumed the same. Not exactly sure where I had heard X and Y sensitivities, but I feel like I did hear that. The one main point to me was the granularity in aiming.. they never expanded on that. I assumed since granularity CAN mean the scale or level of detail present in something, that it would lead to the whole 3.5 system that you are talking about.

edit: Also Pyroteq, did you read their post about it? It's 3 currently, but 2 in the beta.. apparently in the beta people said they were turning faster meaning had less aim acceleration. So default in beta was 2, default currently is 3 and people are saying that feels a lot slower. So from their own posts I'm generally confused. 10 to me would seem like it has the least amount of aim acceleration by how they word it, but the beta being on a 2 and H5 currently on a 3 proves the exact opposite..
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The black things on the helmet that are supposed to block the sun(?) look too short and weird.

fb4d1b18292b7a8821bc174fb2eba595.png

Shame because the rest looks nice.

What was wrong with just porting Halo 4's Mark V? They easily transitioned the fucking Scout variant from 4 into Halo 5, but now this is just overkill.

I'd rather just add the Recruit helmet to that set. Or the mark IV even.

I mean the forearms and shoulders are okay, it looks like they tried to force CE resolution into halo 5's graphics...

What was wrong with just porting Halo 4's Mark V? They easily transitioned the fucking Scout variant from 4 into Halo 5, but now this is just overkill.

I'd rather just add the Recruit helmet to that set. Or the mark IV even.

OR WHY DONT WE ACTUALLY GET A REAL UPDATED VISUAL OF THIS

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/8/89/Wasohacloseupv.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140629005031

Every mark V variant since CE has been elongated or has this fucking ridiculous morbidly obese jawline. JUST TAKE THE EXACT CE PROPORTIONS AND TOUCH IT UP.

Halo 4's Mark V was pretty solid.

Too fat and plastic looking personally. I think the Mark V needs to be perfect to look good in Halo. Its like Darth Vaders helmet. Screwing up the proportions makes it suck.

Halo 3 and 4 had good MK V's.

halo_3_mark_v_spartan_by_5n1p312_13100d.

Halo4_THUMB_1280w.jpg

Halo 5's looks... WAY too "boxy" compared to it. Like Hoplite from H2A.

VkDT8i0.png

WHERE IS HOPLITE IN THIS GAME ANYWAY I love that hemet

Halo 3 and 4's mark V are way too "fat" and out of proportion imo

Halo 4's Mark V was pretty solid.

Yeah even that one followed the OG Graphics Combat Evolved design. I can still appreciate the Halo 5 Mark V for having proper bulk and a codpiece like the Mark IV before it in this game, but the helmet is like a celebrity's mug during their ride to the bottom.

Kinda assumed the same. Not exactly sure where I had heard X and Y sensitivities, but I feel like I did hear that. The one main point to me was the granularity in aiming.. they never expanded on that. I assumed since granularity CAN mean the scale or level of detail present in something, that it would lead to the whole 3.5 system that you are talking about.

"One thing that has become clear in absorbing all your feedback is that Halo players want choice when it comes to controls," King and Sims said. "And with that in mind, we are also working on another little pet project that will allow even more precise tuning. This update will offer more custom fine-tuned control over controller settings (hint: independent vertical/horizontal sensitivities, the ability to calibrate your own dead zones, more granularity in sensitivity, and more). We hope to have that out for you in December and we will follow up with more details later."

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/november-sneak-peek

All they have to do is bring the visor out to the end of the jaw-line and its fixed. 

All they have to do is bring the visor out to the end of the jaw-line and its fixed. 

And give it the subtle angles of Halo 3's Mark V visor, I thought that complimented it just right.

I'm geeking over forge man

ITS SO GOOD

This is exactly how I felt when they showed off the Forge World vidoc

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want the aim to feel smooth. Like H1/H2 smooth. Everything they did was so subtle that you didn't really even notice the changes in speed. It just felt natural. I'm actually super confused as to why this was ever even changed? Who played those games and decided that the core functionality of the right stick needed to be altered lol? 

Really if someone from 343 could comment on this and maybe explain why this is a difficult thing to achieve it would be great. 

Not too sure why it's so hard for you to understand that negs =/= disagreeing opinions. I guess you use it that way but didn't multiple people in the last few days all tell you the same thing?

edit: Also Pyroteq, did you read their post about it? It's 3 currently, but 2 in the beta.. apparently in the beta people said they were turning faster meaning had less aim acceleration. So default in beta was 2, default currently is 3 and people are saying that feels a lot slower. So from their own posts I'm generally confused. 10 to me would seem like it has the least amount of aim acceleration by how they word it, but the beta being on a 2 and H5 currently on a 3 proves the exact opposite..

Unless there is some forum rule I missed im pretty sure I can neg whatever I want for whatever reason I want.

Why does it even matyer anyways. Does anyone actually care about thier rep?

• Downvote (-1) 2