CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Are they still doing a weekly update or is thia video thing it?

They still do them, but these live streams replace them. I think it's 3 weeks of community updates and then a week of a live stream before a content update drops.

They specifically mentioned it when talking about the 3-tier weapons in Warzone.

so does that answer my question whether it will be in Arena or not? and keep in mind that plans tend to change, I could start with that spli-screen debate again or we just take a look at the SPNKR, if I remember correctly, it was supposed to be a legendary version of the rocket launcher when first announced after the beta, now it's a new weapon

I think after awhile, they will make all the weapons available in Forge, it would be so easy for them to do. Hell, we've already seen the Prophet's Bane in Arena in the BETA. The only reason they aren't allowing it yet is because they want people to play Warzone and care about unlocking the weapons with REQ packs. 

it's not the questions if it's possible but if it is wanted by @@Sal1ent and the rest of 343

@@Sal1ent Any word on Infection? Infection and Forge are complementary features and with no mention of it from you guys, it's a little worrisome in terms of the time-frame of its release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so does that answer my question whether it will be in Arena or not? and keep in mind that plans tend to change, I could start with that spli-screen debate again or we just take a look at the SPNKR, if I remember correctly, it was supposed to be a legendary version of the rocket launcher when first announced after the beta, now it's a new weapon

it's not the questions if it's possible but if it is wanted by @@Sal1ent and the rest of 343

I don't know whether it will be in Arena or not, I don't work for 343. 

I'm telling you what information is out there and what they announced it would be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Warzone home bases and the Garage is exactly the same.

Disappointing.

And confusing. The whole point of new maps is to play in different spaces. Is it really worth diluting all this content with copy-pasted assets? Especially when these bases are such high traffic areas within the game?

It was based off of a variant from Halo Wars.

I know but the helmet itself just looks... off. The visor size specifically.

They still do them, but these live streams replace them. I think it's 3 weeks of community updates and then a week of a live stream before a content update drops.

So there won't be a weekly update tonight?

I'll ask and report back.

He still posts!

I would imagine that since launch, the sandbox teams at 343i have been monitoring weapon kill data; would it be possible to share some information/perspective about the team's view of the current relative strength of Halo 5's automatic weapons?

One of the biggest things that has pushed me away from Halo 5's multiplayer is what I at least perceive as the over-powered nature of weapons like the Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle and SMG. In many cases it feels impossible to effectively challenge players with these automatic weapons if they have shot first, which feels very odd in a Halo game; the problems with this also extend to a strange skill-reward balance, where players who use precision weapons which are perhaps more skilful, aren't rewarded for their skill, but punished by players with easier, automatic weapons that kill faster. This also diminishes the extent to which the Magnum can be viewed as a strong starting weapon; if you have a chance I would recommend watching @@Vetoed's video series, where he is able to rank quite highly in FFA while completely avoiding the Magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Sal1ent So are party restrictions ever going to be added to matchmaking?

Hasn't h5 got low population? Can't see it ever happening lol.

Hasn't h5 got low population? Can't see it ever happening lol.

So loosen skill restrictions.

I'd rather play individual kids who are ranked higher than me than a to4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know but the helmet itself just looks... off. The visor size specifically.

I think it would look better with a dark visor... Current one looks "washed out".

I did say people do this. But your attacks like this (and in this case here) are merely your way of down playing your negative behavior as insignificant. You are trivializing your socially destructive behavior.

Hey man, its a hard life out there for us 343 shills, get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat

/s

But seriously, look at the responses right after the weekend playlist was announced. It's does nothing for us. This has the potential to replace the Breakout we have now in Arena/HCS, which would be a substantially better situation. I'm tired of the kneejerk reactions in this thread. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thank the forerunners! Maybe I might be able to aim just as well as in Halo CE now. 

I have to tell the XIM4 devs about this so they can release an update!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Sal1ent With Halo Wars coming out next.(Just speculation) Can we see some Halo Wars vehicles make it into Halo 5? The Grizzly, the Cyclops, and the Hawk?

@@Sal1ent With Halo Wars coming out next.(Just speculation) Can we see some Halo Wars vehicles make it into Halo 5? The Grizzly, the Cyclops, and the Hawk?

Human air vehicle, pleaseeeee.

• Upvote (+1) 1