CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

-truth needs to go

-radar needs to go

-power weapons on EVERY map need to be added (sniper, hydra)

-switch sides (probably not a system built in the game yet)

@@Sal1ent

Just off the top of my head. Will give more feedback after I play this weekend.

This is the same feedback I would give as of now. It makes more sense for arena/HCS than normal breakout does. 

I also think a better obj is needed. 

Lol. Maybe.

apparently we're only ever allowed to talk about our dying franchise in a cynical manner, we can't joke around or anything, no being friendly to other community members.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know if this implies anything but we're getting the OG Rocket launcher and the Classic Battle Rifle, if it has the old scope remains to be seen, but it seems like 343 is slowly moving back to older gameplay and gameplay mechanics? I'm probably reaching though. Definitely reaching.

apparently we're only ever allowed to talk about our dying franchise in a cynical manner, we can't joke around or anything.

Is this the part where Staff and VIP butt heads with Standard and Premium members?

I hated you before it was cool, smh all these posers

Lol, love you too. <3 Practice that eight shot more, while you're grabbing that salt.

apparently we're only ever allowed to talk about our dying franchise in a cynical manner, we can't joke around or anything.

Yeah, it bothers me, a lot. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't know if this implies anything but we're getting the OG Rocket launcher and the Classic Battle Rifle, if it has the old scope remains to be seen, but it seems like 343 is slowly moving back to older gameplay and gameplay mechanics? I'm probably reaching though. Definitely reaching.

I was thinking the same thing, well hoping anyways. That's why I was asking if there was a Classic Playlist a few pages back. If it's not there yet, it seems like they might be gearing up for one. If they aren't, then they are dumb. I wouldn't play any other playlist if I had the game.

Also LOL at radar in Arena Breakout

Bravo 343 you did good

I don't know why people are surprised. It's Arena settings. Arena has radar.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are there no weapons or power ups on the breakout maps?

There are. Shotgun bottom middle on Fathom. Rocket Launcher at turbine on Eden. Railgun at Plasma Caster spawn on The Rig.

Meh I figured if Breakout was coming in to Arena it might be the push to move everything to non radar

A stupid thought maybe

I'll play Devils advocate for a second: yeah we should be able to joke around here, and have fun, however I do see it becoming a problem if most of your(not being specific)posts are random jokes, you should stay on topic the majority of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because it's elimination.  It doesn't take rocket science to realize how import staying alive is.  It will just become a campy mess in a hurry. 

I'm actually interested in seeing what kind of ww2 type maps get made in forge, was always nice to see those in reach and h2a.

Why are there no weapons or power ups on the breakout maps?

They all do have weapons on them. Some have power-weapons. Hyrda, Shotguns, Camo exist, but maps also have standard weapons like DMRs, BRs, Assault Rifles. I think it would absolutely benefit having more power weapons. I think the plasma caster would make for a very powerful weapon in this mode compared to standard shields/health

If anything the arena breakout should have more of this.

I'm actually interested in seeing what kind of ww2 type maps get made in forge, was always nice to see those in reach and h2a.

You reminded me of the Forge map I made, in which you played Invasion, and ended up planting the bomb in a Covenant Carrier in the sky after pushing from one end up Blood Gulch, through the massive cave, to the island. Was INSANELY cool. Took me three days to get the damn spawns right, though. To this  day, I still don't think I got everyone right due to how partially inaccessible Reach forge was for complex gametypes.

You reminded me of the Forge map I made, in which you played Invasion, and ended up planting the bomb in a Covenant Carrier in the sky after pushing from one end up Blood Gulch, through the massive cave, to the island. Was INSANELY cool. Took me three days to get the damn spawns right, though. To this  day, I still don't think I got everyone right due to how partially inaccessible Reach forge was for complex gametypes.

How were you even able to forge invasion dude? Reach's forge was awesome but trying to assign sequences and orders and labels was a pain. You need to show pics of this map, that sounds really cool

I had a similar map, I actually plan on redoing it since I've been mostly playing reach. Invasion was one of the reasons I forged as much as I did, it being gone makes forge just a geometry placer, forging invasion maps was like giving life to your map because of how complex of a process it was.

Well I feel like this game mode is going to play awful. Let me know how it goes.

You think? I am interested to see how it plays out.