CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I want to create a forge map tbh, Something that looks amazing but probably plays shit since I am not a map designer. Guitar string broke so I have to spend my free time on something. Next week hype. 

this was infuriating 

that should of only happened the first time you play the game type 

And everyone had to stop talking for 30 seconds waiting for him to shut up so we could hear each other.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They maps were forged. Two of them were the simplest of paintball fields, while the other three were designed by the Pro Testers. How much of a drain on 343's resources could this have actually been?

The pieces were designed by the MP team, then PUT into Forge, whereas Forge maps were done the other way around.

The Sprint shows that the Dev team and Art team put tons of time into Breakout, especially art. They had to create an entirely unique graphic style specifically for one mode, which drained resources out of potential Arena content.

Pro Team made their maps and Art had to skin them all in unique ways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Breakout with shields that light up, kills that don't go from 3sk to 5sk at random, no stupid 2sk BR or one hit melee/grenades is an improvement.

Though we're just back to step 1, A.K.A. Elimination in Halo... which has been tried several times and never worked.

The map design won't help either because all Breakout maps are linear.

(still would rather be on this than regular Breakout though)

EDIT: Nevermind at the third sentence, I just realized this wouldn't be on Breakout maps.

Will Forge games be hosted locally? I don't want to lose hours of work because of a random disconnect.

@@Sal1ent said it would be done through dedicated servers. We don't know what happens if we disconnect without saving. I figured they would have added auto-saving.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The pieces were designed by the MP team, then PUT into Forge, whereas Forge maps were done the other way around.

The Sprint shows that the Dev team and Art team put tons of time into Breakout, especially art. They had to create an entirely unique graphic style specifically for one mode, which drained resources out of potential Arena content.

Man this is infuriating. Why did they devote so much time to a gametype that already existed in Halo and never got that much praise? Now Breakout has been gutted and went from a Paintaball gametype to an Elimination one because of feedback that they should have easily predicted early on. I'm glad the changes were made, but the people behind the original Breakout must have been dense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Breakout with shields that light up, kills that don't go from 3sk to 5sk at random, no stupid 2sk BR or one hit melee/grenades is an improvement.

Though we're just back to step 1, A.K.A. Elimination in Halo... which has been tried several times and never worked.

The map design won't help either because all Breakout maps are linear.

(still would rather be on this than regular Breakout though)

Yup, people act like this some new gametype that we have never tried. It's going to play so slow with a hundred escapes per round. 

Yup, people act like this some new gametype that we have never tried. It's going to play so slow with a hundred escapes per round. 

Definitely not denying utter failures that were round based game types in the past. I think the combination of the Neutral Flag AND Power Weapons will make this interesting. It is going to be primarily dependent on the weapons they choose to include, where they place them, and how powerful they are.

If we end up with a Hydra and Shotgun as our means to move players around the map, it is going to fail.

Default shield breakout on normal maps? Fucking awesome.

I will gladly test this and provide feedback rather than bitchjnf right off the bat.

Some of you do absolutely nothing to help curate new experiences. This could play really well and be pretty intense.

Ill hold my opinion until I play it before I just start shit posting right off the bat (with false information mind you).

What have you done to help create a new breakout experience? I've seen plenty of ideas and posted plenty myself, all of which seem to add either more depth or shakes up breakout more than their ideas. All they are doing is returning to default armor and health, and playing on non break-out maps. While they may have been playing this recently and testing this, this is a concept that has been tried before in previous Halos, like @@Vetoed said.

It might be fun, but it will be a lack-luster game type. If we don't think breakout should be in the HCS I can't see neutral flag full shields break out being any better.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why is there no voice chat in lobbies/while searching? Like, come on, this is 2005 shit 343.

It's deliberate, and it's to help mask IP's from potential DDOS'ers. You can talk when you actually do get locked into a gametype though, as the IP's then are 100% secure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What have you done to help create a new breakout experience? I've seen plenty of ideas and posted plenty myself, all of which seem to add either more depth or shakes up breakout more than their ideas. All they are doing is returning to default armor and health, and playing on non break-out maps. While they may have been playing this recently and testing this, this is a concept that has been tried before in previous Halos, like @@Vetoed said.

It might be fun, but it will be a lack-luster game type. If we don't think breakout should be in the HCS I can't see neutral flag full shields break out being any better.

What have I done? It's what I WILL do. I'll gladly keep an open mind and provide unbiased feedback where my mind isn't already made up. Elimination in past halos were poorly implemented. This, like infinity said, could be great pending weapons/placement, etc.

And yeah, IF assault were in the game I could see it being better than neutral flag (with some twists like attack/defend).

Because that is such a resource intensive operation, yeah? The only real resource drain was bogging down the artists with more assets to create, and it couldn't have been that big of a drain considering how plain the pieces look compared to Campaign and real MP map assets.

While I don't care for elimination styled gametypes, I would be perfectly fine with Breakout being a HWC gametype if it wasn't for the fact that the player settings were different than in every other gametype. It just felt weird that you would be playing Slayer, CTF, Strongholds on one type of settings and then switch to having a much different shields and health system.

I think that I still won't care for Breakout, but if Arena Breakout works then I'd be all for it in the HWC. I look forward to trying it out, even if it's not any more exciting than default Breakout settings I think it would still sit better with me just because of its consistency with the other gametypes.

Err Valve is not the company I would use as an example of how to work with the community. Treyarch is a much better example.

which only deepens the point of his post, ya?