CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I have been following this - was very interesting to watch. They added an overpowered weapon / very stupid addition to counter strike and immediately fixed it after the community went insane.

It sucks that they even made this weapon in the first place but its cool to see them come out with a fix so fast. I was reading the CS:GO Subreddit and people were raging still  because they feel like they are beta testers and that Valve is using them. 

Completely ignoring the revolver, this update is most likely still the worst in the game's history. Not to mention the perceived disrespect of them changing competitive settings that had been used since the start of the game's competitive scene without a warning.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. There's been a few times where an update has made the game close to "unplayable" with slight weapon tweaks, and these have all been fixed quickly.

Valve is still "collecting data" on the rifle adjustments, which by itself was beyond awful. It just happened to be over-shadowed by the most overpowered gun in CS history for a day.

I'd like to say something nice about Valve on this and say '343 should be like this', but I just don't understand this update.

It's crazy how excited I got just to see the SPNKr being placed in forge and not having a stupid ADS mechanic. 

I have been following this - was very interesting to watch. They added an overpowered weapon / very stupid addition to counter strike and immediately fixed it after the community went insane.

It sucks that they even made this weapon in the first place but its cool to see them come out with a fix so fast. I was reading the CS:GO Subreddit and people were raging still  because they feel like they are beta testers and that Valve is using them. 

I'm legitimately on the side that the R8 was intentionally overpowered so they can "fix" it and attempt to hide the worst parts of the update.

The new forge mode looks incredible. It was desperately needing a variety of pallets/skins and four is pretty good. There's a potential of at least 3 unique-looking competitive maps now.

Over the past few weeks, we’ve been reviewing your feedback on weekend playlists, as well as playlist and modes you’d like to see in the future. We’re currently brainstorming ideas for future weekend and social playlists, and while the weekend playlist poll will return, it will take a few weeks off during the holidays as we rotate in a long-term social playlist and also take time to build new playlists and modes for the future.

This weekend, we’re introducing a new twist on the Breakout game type that we’ve been playtesting and toying around with here at the studio, currently referred to as Arena Breakout. The mode takes Breakout rules, and then merges them with Arena settings on Arena maps, which will feature custom weapon placement for this game type. The result is a fast-paced game of Elimination featuring a Neutral Flag, complete with Breakout player count display and audio, on the maps you’ve come to master since launch.

We’d love to get your feedback on the game type, as well as specific preferred settings, power weapon placement, and favorite maps, so we’re throwing it into matchmaking this weekend, and adding in some increased XP. The playlist will go live this afternoon, and be available through the weekend.

We’ll see you online!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-weekend-playlist-12-10

Interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the Weapon Placements are good then Arena Breakout is going to be  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

"Here's a new twist on Breakout. Merging it with old gametypes and maps! GUYS WE'RE LISTENING TO YOU"

I am speechless.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm legitimately on the side that the R8 was intentionally overpowered so they can "fix" it and attempt to hide the worst parts of the update.

i think it was more about selling keys, but the gun was obviously crazy OP, they knew it was and it would be silly to assume they didn't

i'm on the fence about the update, they tried to encourage tapping at long range vs spraying (which is good) but did it in a lazy way (by adding RNG to sprays)

good intentions, bad execution

the timers being altered is just stupid imo, there's no excuse for that

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what you're saying is, Batchford 4 moderator?

:intel:

Replace Infinity with me and I shall save Halo  :kappa:  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the Weapon Placements are good then Arena Breakout is going to be  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

No it won't. 343 is dodging the largest complaints about this gametype (no shields and one-hit grenade/melee). And lol at calling it "Arena Breakout", how about they fix the player traits and then they can call it "Halo Breakout"

They finally realized that those lame paintball maps don't support Breakout's intended purpose.

More FUCKING Breakout.

Woo

I can see Arena Breakout playing a bit more like Gears of War. If its featuring the normal Halo 5 settings it'll be just another gametype. There may be potential.

Also, 343 is listening. They realize nobody wants Kevin Franklin's Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Here's a new twist on Breakout. Merging it with old gametypes and maps! GUYS WE'RE LISTENING TO YOU"

I am speechless.

People's two biggest complaints with Breakout were the lack of shields/inconsistency with H5's normal pace, and the lack of power weapons to incentivize movement and allow big turnarounds each round.

This is literally the polar opposite of the linear, instant grenade, no shields nonsense.

Are you really going to dismiss it simply because it shares the word Breakout in the title?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is literally the polar opposite of the linear,

Did the maps magically change? 

Every time an elimination gametype is introduced into Halo, it fails hard. This will be no different. 

Missing gametypes aren't going to show up in some weekend playlist all of a sudden; they'd be in a bigger Update like BTB, Forge...

I'm guessing the CE Magnum and Mark V armor set will be in one such update coming up too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No it won't. 343 is dodging the largest complaints about this gametype (no shields and one-hit grenade/melee). And lol at calling it "Arena Breakout", how about they fix the player traits and then they can call it "Halo Breakout"

I was under the impression reading the update that the shield disparity is no longer present. 'Arena Settings on Arena maps'

I think they did fix the traits

Did the maps magically change? 

They are using default Arena maps, not Breakout maps

• Upvote (+1) 2