CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I swear I've seen this exact post from you before and the answer is always "we're waiting for Forge to make maps that don't need Clamber".

Shitty excuse, considering there's a lot to be learned from how movement and gunfights feel with no abilities with 110-115% movement speed, and possibly adjusted strafe accel.

I'll tell you what; you seem ruffled. Why don't we hop into a quick 1v1 with these options, you know, just to test out the settings and everything. For you I am willing to do this.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I swear I've seen this exact post from you before and the answer is always "we're waiting for Forge to make maps that don't need Clamber".

@@Chef Linguini was running them last night for a little while while testing out 4SK Magnums.

So I played H5 for the first time in about a week and a half.

I had a pretty bad last session that casued me to take a break, I really was not enjoying the game and thought maybe a little time off would reset my negativity...

Boy was I wrong. This game is just not fun. I don't even want to finish any of the games I start, even if we are winning. I have never had such a desire to quit mid game.

I hated Reach but when I was playing with friends it was tolerable; H5 is not fun no matter who I am playing with. Halo 5 just doesn't feel "right".

I was playing reach for hours last night. I would have kept playing but it was already midnight.

Shitty excuse, considering there's a lot to be learned from how movement and gunfights feel with no abilities with 110-115% movement speed, and possibly adjusted strafe accel.

I'll tell you what; you seem ruffled. Why don't we hop into a quick 1v1 with these options, you know, just to test out the settings and everything. For you I am willing to do this.

You can call it a shitty excuse all you want. There's no way to make most of the maps work without keeping clamber in, or having a stupidly high jump height.

Feel free to jump into a solo game by yourself though, let me know how it goes.

I already ran NSA settings with Batch, Beast, and Humpflung.

Here's a relevant thread.

You can call it a shitty excuse all you want. There's no way to make most of the maps work without keeping clamber in, or having a stupidly high jump height.

Feel free to jump into a solo game by yourself though, let me know how it goes.

are u fkn kidding me i dont want to play this game

are u fkn kidding me i dont want to play this game

Thanks for letting me know.

I mean I have to agree with Lambo here, ever since Ice Princess joined these forums the Shit Posting has increased a lot (not saying Ice Princess is the main shitposter, just in general with the awful puns). Then again, it's always been in this thread.

And all this time I thought it was the frustration of h5...

Imagine if we had a large community, then this forge would really take off.

There's still a chance for a population increase when all the Christmas players get their hands on the game.

For those who don't know, Valve updated CS:GO on Tuesday which added an extremely power pistol, the R8. In just 3 days, Valve released this

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13366/

They are nerfing the R8 and the update came out 3 days ago. I feel that most Halo fans don't follow other communities because if they did, there would be zero excuses for how 343 manages their games. It's been 6 weeks and they haven't even acknowledged the powerful autos or Sniper Rifle. I can't believe we got stuck with this company.

This. I cringe when people suggest we don't understand the complexities involved.

This. I cringe when people suggest we don't understand the complexities involved.

To be fair, it's not a fair comparison.

If it's anything like the 360, updating games on the Xbox One is a tedious process. That's why they tend to get updates in large batches, instead of single smaller patches.

Besides, we all know how easy it is to update the Source engine.

For those who don't know, Valve updated CS:GO on Tuesday which added an extremely power pistol, the R8. In just 3 days, Valve released this

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13366/

They are nerfing the R8 and the update came out 3 days ago. I feel that most Halo fans don't follow other communities because if they did, there would be zero excuses for how 343 manages their games. It's been 6 weeks and they haven't even acknowledged the powerful autos or Sniper Rifle. I can't believe we got stuck with this company.

I have been following this - was very interesting to watch. They added an overpowered weapon / very stupid addition to counter strike and immediately fixed it after the community went insane.

It sucks that they even made this weapon in the first place but its cool to see them come out with a fix so fast. I was reading the CS:GO Subreddit and people were raging still  because they feel like they are beta testers and that Valve is using them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the hell do we not have Double REQ Points weekends or some shit, like Bungie literally gave you guys a blueprint of what fun is and I'm sitting here voting for Team Slayer to be a weekend playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There's nothing complex about talking to your player base about your considerations and plans for upcoming updates. It should be expected and is delivered by almost every major developer, the only exception coming to mind being 343. They avoid issues and stay silent until it's too late. Halo 4, MCC, Halo 5, all the same.

Ignoring everything they've done directly to the franchise itself, their lack of communication regarding simple things has been one of the tragedies of this company.

They could at least let us know if they're not going to adjust weapons and settings within the next 2 months so I could at least stop worrying about the game. But we're kept in limbo for an update that either won't come or will come too late for many.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How old are you, like really?

• Upvote (+1) 2

How the hell do we not have Double REQ Points weekends or some shit, like Bungie literally gave you guys a blueprint of what fun is and I'm sitting here voting for Team Slayer to be a weekend playlist.

Speaking of blueprint, if I were ever to make a game, I guarantee you I will follow what Bungie did with H3. It proved to work absolutely amazing.

Edit: Also, with forge, the first thing I will do is put a massive wall blocking the sun so I can freaking see on the map. :salt:

So I went to open Batchford's profile to join his game, noticed some weird text that popped up so I recorded the clip and I went back and saw this...

kiz8ZWP.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Looking at the forge preview video, I am happy to finally see teleporters in Halo 5.

So I went to open Batchford's profile to join his game, noticed some weird text that popped up so I recorded the clip and I went back and saw this...

kiz8ZWP.png

So what you're saying is, Batchford 4 moderator?

:intel: