CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I can't wait for someone to complain about this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm triggered.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm triggered.

Starbucks must be your favourite coffee shop.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll save you the wait then. If they really wanted people to come back to their game based on holiday cheer, they should have made it snow on their maps, or added some lights on trees, or santa hats on Spartans. Something that people actually care about, not two emblems that someone spent their lunch break on.

At least they didn't change team colours in some playlists across the game. God, that was awful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You want some complaining?  :kappa: 

*Releases a pointless Req pack containing 2 emblems and Warzone stuff

*Doesn't release important and needed updates to Halo: MCC for the large amount of people that play it.

:bravo: Logic

Locus hype train HAS NO BRAKES.

XJNOti5.png

That helmet looks rather similar to the Flood model's head from H4's Flood mode.

That helmet looks rather similar to the Flood model's head from H4's Flood mode.

AXzo270.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel like 343's interpretation of Halo is whats fucking up the art, lore, and campaign of their games. 343 is trying to make their own sci-fi universe where humans are the biggest and baddest, when the whole point of the originals was humanity was beaten down and at the breaking point, and the art reflected that.

343's is trying to show them as refined and populated when the universe should be the complete opposite. This isn't Star Trek - its Halo.

I've always hated this. It's so stupid. Did they ever give a logical explanation for this? It's like Germany ruling the world three years after losing WWII.

I've always hated this. It's so stupid. Did they ever give a logical explanation for this? It's like Germany ruling the world three years after losing WWII.

I've always seen it as the war being over, humanity is rebuilding as best as it can. 

Never been a fan of how humanity was fucked in all regards a few years ago but suddenly we still have all this tech and stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last night I watched some of the 2v2 tourney.

Wow, it was a terrible spectator experience.

Nearly every pistol kill was indirect as landing a direct pistol kill seemed practically impossible due to escape mechanics/teammate assistance and the weak pistol.

The empahasis on spray weapons was appalling. Its just so boring to watch.

HCS is in trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, this game is seriously fucking dead in Australia/NZ. I imagine other regions are even worse off such as South America and Asia.

It's 10X's worse than I actually thought.

I'm currently doing a test and recording and you guys would not believe this shit.

It's honestly at the point where I believe Microsoft should just refund everyone outside NA and Europe. And no, I'm not joking. I think in 6 months from now there will be less Australian's playing Halo 5 then there were playing Halo 4 1 year after launch.

Searching started at 12:50 am - 10/12/2015 and it's now 2am. That's too late to find games you say? Well it's not even 11pm in Western Australia and before 1am in Queensland. I'm not ranked Champion or anything either. I'm unranked in FFA and Breakout, Onyx 1500 in SWAT and Platinum in Slayer and Team Arena.

Warzone Assault - Cannot find games (I've only ever been able to find 1 or 2 games in this playlist since launch)

FFA - Cannot find games (Have played 6/10 placement games, have tried searching peak hours nearly every day)

Team Slayer - Cannot find games IN FUCKING SLAYER!?!?!?!

Team Arena - Found a game.

SWAT - Cannot find games

Big Team Battle - Cannot find games

Breakout - Believe it or not, I somehow found a game (my very first in the Breakout playlist). I was actually disappointed in this because I wanted to hold onto my Breakout v-card for the remainder of Halo 5... Should have done it on an alt. Ah well, all in the name of science I guess. I believe this was just a fluke though since I tried searching again and found no games. EDIT: Found another game. I believe this may be because I've only played 2 games so it hasn't given me an MMR for this playlist yet.

So lets see, I can find games in 1/2 Warzone playlists and 2/5 arena playlists, one of those being Breakout which I wouldn't even classify as playing Halo at that point.

I used to play Halo 2 with my team mates until 3am and would find games in nearly any play list.

I checked CS:GO and there's currently 13 games with <50ms latency in Australia - only counting servers with 8 or more players in the server browser - That's not including the match making system.

Wow, this game is seriously fucking dead in Australia/NZ. I imagine other regions are even worse off such as South America and Asia.

It's 10X's worse than I actually thought.

I'm currently doing a test and recording and you guys would not believe this shit.

It's honestly at the point where I believe Microsoft should just refund everyone outside NA and Europe. And no, I'm not joking. I think in 6 months from now there will be less Australian's playing Halo 5 then there were playing Halo 4 1 year after launch.

Searching started at 12:50 am - 10/12/2015 and it's now 2am. That's too late to find games you say? Well it's not even 11pm in Western Australia and before 1am in Queensland.

Warzone Assault - Cannot find games (I've only ever been able to find 1 or 2 games in this playlist since launch)

FFA - Cannot find games (Have played 6/10 placement games, have tried searching peak hours nearly every day)

Team Slayer - Cannot find games IN FUCKING SLAYER!?!?!?!

Team Arena - Found a game.

SWAT - Cannot find games

Big Team Battle - Cannot find games

Breakout - Believe it or not, I somehow found a game (my very first in the Breakout playlist). I was actually disappointed in this because I wanted to hold onto my Breakout v-card for the remainder of Halo 5... Should have done it on an alt. Ah well, all in the name of science I guess. I believe this was just a fluke though since I tried searching again and found no games. EDIT: Found another game. I believe this may be because I've only played 2 games so it hasn't given me an MMR for this playlist yet.

I used to play Halo 2 with my team mates until 3am and would find games in nearly any play list.

Yeah, but that's not really a population issue. That is a known problem since launch. It's nearly impossible to find games in Warzone, FFA and now BTB outside of US and EU. Even in peak times, with a full team. There is some broken shit with the matchmaking system outside of US and EU. It keeps looking for players forever until eventually you get an error message. There are a lot of threads on Waypoint complaining about this issue. This one has over 90 pages! And now, with a smaller population than before, should only worsen the situation even more.
They acknowledged the problem, made some changes to the matchmaking system about 2 or 3 weeks after the release which improved the situation, but people in Europe started to complain about constant lag and then they reversed the changes and are "investigating the problem" since then.
Team Arena and Breakout seem to work fine.

Not that you should consider Dice as a superb developer but they have added a snowball fight game mode to the CTE servers of BF4 with players wearing santa and reindeer masks. In the December update 343i could add a community playlist similar to this, grenades as snowballs or something? Just for laughs you know? Or maybe a Indiana Jones inspired capture the gifts - game mode where you have to steal a gift and run with it to mommy. Like anything innovative and fun stuff for the holidays? *Insert the imagination song from South Park here* 

Yeah, but that's not really a population issue. That is a known problem since launch. It's nearly impossible to find games in Warzone, FFA and now BTB outside of US and EU. Even in peak times, with a full team. There is some broken shit with the matchmaking system outside of US and EU. It keeps looking for players forever until eventually you get an error message. There are a lot of threads on Waypoint complaining about this issue. This one has over 90 pages! And now, with a smaller population than before, should only worsen the situation even more
Team Arena and Breakout seem to work fine.

Ummm, WTF dude?

Of course it's a population issue.

The game keeps on searching for games because it's trying to find enough players at your skill level.

The issue is:

1. The game won't allow you to find players outside your region. Even if I WANT to play FFA on laggy American servers the game won't let me because for some reason EVEN THOUGH 343 PROMISED US they released the game without a region filter option for players to turn on and off.

2. The game is way too restrictive on player skill. The game is probably looking for players ranked Diamond or Platinum instead of expanding out to Gold, Diamond, Platinum and Silver and increasing until it finally finds a game.

Tight match making restrictions only work when you have a large enough population.

It's like 343 just copied the system from LoL without even realising the reason it works in LoL is because the game literally has 100X's the player population so they can do whatever the hell they want and still find you a game.

Even if 343 fixed this problem in the next 5 minutes the damage is done.

Half the players have probably returned their copies for Fallout 4 when the game didn't ship with the content you'd expect in a Halo game and then the inability to find matches reliably would have been the final nail in the coffin.

The Aussies that still actually play Halo will never touch the FFA playlist again since they've given up after they tried searching 50 times for game without any luck.

Any fix 343 brings out now is too little and WAY too late.

The game has been out for a month and a half now and this has been an issue for us since week 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The following things are what Reach improved from Halo 3 multiplayer:

• Better forge
  • Better custom games
  • More/Better gametypes
  • Better UI/Lobby
  • Pro-Pipe

Funnily enough, 343 undid ALL of those when they released Halo 4, and continue to do so. Like, those were the things people were unanimously happy with in Halo Reach, and 343 took a huge step back on all of them.

Halo 5 would be a substantially better game right now if it had Reach tier forge at launch, Reach style custom games, Reache's gametypes, Reaches UI, and one of imo the best weapons to grace Halo both competitively and casually, and was the one redeeming quality of it's v1 comp settings, the Pro-Pipe.

Bask in it's wundrous glory

c40b9069f9.jpg

i would heavily argue custom games, it may of been unintentional but the h3 custom game experience was the pinnacle custom game experience of the franchise.