CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

51cgW0M.jpg

That weapon is just melts through shields.

Plasma fuel can't melt uh...SHIELDED MEMES.

Is that dank enough?

So you know what team snipers has taught me?

You can't use manual stabilisers on default control setttings because you end up zooming in 10X's making it impossible to hit anything.

There's been so many times I've wanted to use stabilisers while playing this mode but every time I try to use it it fucks my aim up.

Plasma fuel can't melt uh...SHIELDED MEMES.

Is that dank enough?

That's almost as dank as the bushes on plaza. 

So you know what team snipers has taught me?

You can't use manual stabilisers on default control setttings because you end up zooming in 10X's making it impossible to hit anything.

There's been so many times I've wanted to use stabilisers while playing this mode but every time I try to use it it fucks my aim up.

I've just switched control schemes to one which uses LT to zoom and I noticed this.

One way of getting around it is to go into 10x just before jumping and you'll switch back when you enable stabilisers. Quite annoying though.

I've just switched control schemes to one which uses LT to zoom and I noticed this.

One way of getting around it is to go into 10x just before jumping and you'll switch back when you enable stabilisers. Quite annoying though.

I normally jump THEN I zoom.

Then again, 343's beta controls didn't allow us to crouch while jumping because of the stupid ground pound, so I can't say I'm surprised they lack the foresight to think of these things.

It's not like I'm trying to do anything out of the ordinary either, I'm pretty sure using stabilisers with the sniper rifle is a pretty common trick to do.

I'm not one to climb on the viewership train but shit man, I saw it while looking for Duelyst....fa4428f44f.png

Absolutely disgraceful.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Absolutely disgraceful.

ffs man, it was just a weird time of day ... BF4 and Diablo 3 (much more popular games with popular streamers) only had a few hundred more viewers.  H5 viewership is not where it should be, for sure, but this is a bit misleading

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys trip about the weirdest stuff lol. H3 wouldn't have high numbers (nor did it), not sure why this is news to you guys.

You guys trip about the weirdest stuff lol. H3 wouldn't have high numbers (nor did it), not sure why this is news to you guys.

Halo 3's prime wasn't during the Twitch/YouTube personality era we're in now. And yes, viewing numbers on Twitch don't matter, but for a PvP game, it is a well representative of the game's relevancy.

That's what happens when your game has so few personalities that are willing to stream. There's reasons why some games are always on top and it isn't just because of the gameplay

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree that Twitch rank is irrelevant. It's A data point (no, not the only one) as to a game's popularity. In the absence of playlist numbers, it's a secondary indicator of whether people are playing the game (similar to tree ring data being used as a proxy temperature indicator in climate science). The number of people playing directly affects matchmaking because you need large numbers to assure good matches in a timely manner (we already have problems w/ this in H5 from anecdotal evidence).

I'm not arguing that Twitch numbers prove a game is good, which they clearly don't, but they aren't completely irrelevant in terms of a game's current health.

Halo 3's prime wasn't during the Twitch/YouTube personality era we're in now. And yes, viewing numbers on Twitch don't matter, but for a PvP game, it is a well representative of the game's relevancy.

True on H3 being old but I do think twitch is very heavy on PC games (generally that's all I see on the top of twitch) and the lack of personalities are the issue with it. SF4 has a pretty large scene but the numbers are never good unless a tournament/event are going on. I generally see SF4 lower than H5 actually but I would say SF4 is much bigger than H5 competitively. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not arguing that Twitch numbers prove a game is good, which they clearly don't, but they aren't completely irrelevant in terms of a game's current health.

True, but you also have to take into account player bases when looking at viewer numbers.

A PS4 player or PC player isn't going to be interested in watching a Halo 5 stream, or at least not very many of them. Games like CoD and BF are multi-platform and therefore by default have a much larger audience of players to pull from for viewers. PC games have an insane amount of players that would want to watch. There are exponentially more players on PC than console, so games like LoL, Dota, and CSGO will always be up there.

Add to that most of the pros that stream are dull AF when you compare them to pros in other games. Not that I could do any better because I'm dull af myself. :P

ffs man, it was just a weird time of day ... BF4 and Diablo 3 (much more popular games with popular streamers) only had a few hundred more viewers.  H5 viewership is not where it should be, for sure, but this is a bit misleading

You literally can go on anytime of the day - Halo will be in the 30-45th position on twitch.  Last night there were more people watching Clash of Clans than Halo... CLASH OF CLANS! 

If you think viewership does not matter in modern day e-sport titles, you are sadly mistaken. 

If you think viewership does not matter in modern day e-sport titles, you are sadly mistaken. 

Yep, and a console exclusive title (especially an xbox one with so few units sold anyway) is gonna be much lower than games that have tens of millions of players across multiple platforms or PC alone.

IDK if releasing Halo 5 for PC would increase it's popularity, but I would love to move on over to PC-only gaming and have Halo at my disposal too. A bit selfish, but fuck it lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus H. Lord/Saviour Christman, 343 why are ALL YOUR MAPS WHITE?

More racist microaggressions.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

IDK if releasing Halo 5 for PC would increase it's popularity, but I would love to move on over to PC-only gaming and have Halo at my disposal too. A bit selfish, but fuck it lol. 

It probably would, as in, unarguably. I don't see this happening until Halo 6 or Halo 7 is at least done and released, but I hope to see the MCC and the rest of the Reclaimer Saga on PC, sometime in the next few years. 

It probably would, as in, unarguably. I don't see this happening until Halo 6 or Halo 7 is at least done and released, but I hope to see the MCC and the rest of the Reclaimer Saga on PC, sometime in the next few years. 

Well obviously it would expose halo to more people lol, but by more popular I was referring to twitch viewers + esports following more than just actual players of the game.

Well obviously it would expose halo to more people lol, but by more popular I was referring to twitch viewers + esports following more than just actual players of the game.

Oh, hell to the yes it would.

You literally can go on anytime of the day - Halo will be in the 30-45th position on twitch.  Last night there were more people watching Clash of Clans than Halo... CLASH OF CLANS! 

I don't get people's obsession with twitch numbers related to Halo.

What is this supposed to tell us that we don't already know though? That Halo isn't enough like Clash of Clans?

There are plenty of issues with Halo 5 that would most likely have a marginal effect for the games popularity on twitch, yet would make the actual game significantly better.

A better spectator mode would probably help the game gather viewership, but something much more important like no radar isn't going to have no impact whatsoever.

Twitch viewership really isn't that much of a priority in my eyes. If the game doesn't suck the viewership will follow, and if it doesn't, well why should I care if I still have a good game to play?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh, hell to the yes it would.

The only issue is that PC gamers tastes usually don't mix with console players, so a game designed for console like Halo probably wouldn't be as huge a success on PC as we think it would. Unless they allowed mods, and knowing Microsoft they'll probably try something to stop that from happening.