CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well, believe it, son. Plasma Caster>RL/Sniper

Edit: New low for downvotes. Getting downvoted for choosing/preferring one power weapon over another. GG. 

I don't mind that people enjoy using the Plasma Caster because that's subjective but I don't think that it would be wise to prioritize it over rockets or snipe. That would be like playing the map Chill Out on Halo CE and prioritizing OS when rockets and camo are also spawning. Although I have to admit that everything in Halo is situational so there could be a slight chance that it would be beneficial to prioritize the Plasma Caster over rockets or sniper but that's a gamble.

Not in the minority at all.

The few weeks I've played H5 BTB has been the most fun I've had playing big team since Halo 3 ranked BTB.

If they make it social, we go back to lopsided games for every 99/100 games played.

For social playlists I am really hoping all they do is set your rank to be hidden. Social lists should still have a hidden MMR/Elo/skill ranking, it should just be invisible and slightly more lenient when matching of like skill in favor of a slightly faster matchmaking time. At least imo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Very interested to see the layout of the Overgrowth. As of now it looks completely different than plaza.

Not in the minority at all.

The few weeks I've played H5 BTB has been the most fun I've had playing big team since Halo 3 ranked BTB.

If they make it social, we go back to lopsided games for every 99/100 games played.

Yeah tbh the only map I had problems with (and with a team it wasn't AS bad) was Recurve. Everything else I had a lot of fun with, especially Standoff CTF. It'd be cool if they do it for both but I doubt it. I guess it's time to sign up for btbnet lmao 

Is BTB the only social playlist? I want me some social slayer too

"Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. "

I'm with you up until here. There's only so much they can do to stop people from quitting or their internet dropping them from games. They are looking into increasing ban lengths, not sure if there's much else, if anything, they can do. If possible, I would love for the game to "lock" you into your match until it's over. If you quit or get disconnected, the only thing that should happen when you go back in to search for a game is rejoin the game you left/quit. IDK if that's even possible to add in after-the-fact though.

I agree to an extent. The reason I say its a real problem is because its so much more prevalent then it was in H3, HR, H4. It's hard to tell why exactly, there are many good reasons like party matching, incorrect region-matching, shitty maps maybe.

It's a bit hard for me to think up solutions, but either way there needs to be a forfeit system at least tomake it less of a burden, but it is something they need to fix because it is unique to their game.

Also, got the 80,000 for the HCS REQ pack. Holy hell was the grind worth it to me.

I just paid the 10 bucks. I've spent 600+ on league over 4 years of playing, what's another $10 on Halo? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just paid the 10 bucks. I've spent 600+ on league over 4 years of playing, what's another $10 on Halo? lol

For the amount of hours it would have taken for me to grind it, I'd rather use the points on regular packs and just pay the fee too :3

"Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. "

I only saw them mention BTB i thought that was it, hyyyype

I agree to an extent. The reason I say its a real problem is because its so much more prevalent then it was in H3, HR, H4. It's hard to tell why exactly, there are many good reasons like party matching, incorrect region-matching, shitty maps maybe.

It's a bit hard for me to think up solutions, but either way there needs to be a forfeit system at least tomake it less of a burden, but it is something they need to fix because it is unique to their game.

You must not play CoD then. Quitting is very prevalent in that game.

I think adding in social lists will make the ranked lists less populated. What this allows is to create 1-2 dedicated ranked playlists (one Team Arena, one FFA if I had it my way), and the people playing in those lists might be less likely to quit out. ATM we have people trying to play the game for fun, and if they are up against people that are better than them bc they got placed too high initially, then they would be more likely to quit as they don't really care ab their rank.

I think it'll work itself out soon enough, but yeah there are some things they can do, but in the end if someone's going to quit, 343 can't show up behind the player and ass rape them until they agree to stay in the game.

The most exciting part of the update for me besides social playlists:

"The Warzone team is currently running final tests on updates to Warzone level progression, the multiplayer team is hammering on new playlists and modes, the services team is actively making updates to increase ban length for excessive quitting, and plenty of other stuff we’ll soon be diving into."

Only thing I wish to hear about is weapon tuning and spectator mode improvements. Especially considering HWC ladders start this Sunday. Would have been nice to have Spectator updates :/

Fix the Warzone exploits

"Oh, and while we’re talking playlists, the Cartographer’s Gift update will indeed include a Warzone Assault update to ensure players do things in the right order."

"Oh, and while we’re talking playlists, the Cartographer’s Gift update will indeed include a Warzone Assault update to ensure players do things in the right order."

Hopefully new dialog content for the marines, they are way too optimistic!

"The Warzone team is currently running final tests on updates to Warzone level progression, the multiplayer team is hammering on new playlists and modes, the services team is actively making updates to increase ban length for excessive quitting, and plenty of other stuff we’ll soon be diving into."

Only thing I wish to hear about is weapon tuning and spectator mode improvements. Especially considering HWC ladders start this Sunday. Would have been nice to have Spectator updates :/

Read the update again. We're getting Spectator stuff.

Hopefully new dialog content for the marines, they are way too optimistic!

I both love it and get immensely sad. The Marines are all like "Imma help you! Nothing gets past me!" then they get slaughtered and make sad dying noises, and I feel bad. I remember having to go through the Marine Killer Commendation and feeling like a total asshat because of that dialogue.

there's a few spectator mode fixes. Idk if they said anything on the freezing/aiming tho

I just played the Doom Alpha. It's not horrible, but it's not great. I'll wait for a PC sale.

But holy shit is the aiming good.

The marines in Warzone aren't as cool as the h1 marines. I used to make sure all my marines lived in H1 Legendary. 

Also that one achievement on HCEA to have all the marines survive in the beginning of Silent Cartographer or whatever was a lot of fun

I don't mind that people enjoy using the Plasma Caster because that's subjective but I don't think that it would be wise to prioritize it over rockets or snipe. That would be like playing the map Chill Out on Halo CE and prioritizing OS when rockets and camo are also spawning. Although I have to admit that everything in Halo is situational so there could be a slight chance that it would be beneficial to prioritize the Plasma Caster over rockets or sniper but that's a gamble.

It's a gamble, but in my time of using all three, I'd much rather take the Plasma Caster in an Arena setting. The Sniper is generally cut down and nerfed due to shirt sightlines and automatic/Magnum domination for me. The Rocket Launcher also falls victim to close quarters instances. Even in range, the projectiles are still slow, so I end up wasting them or killing myself with them in a panic to kill the opponent.

The Plasma Caster however, fills a mid-range niche for me. I can spam, if needed, around a corner, or charge it and get an accurate explosive projectile that rains death upon foes, or at least suppresses them, much more than a single rocket ever would. I can even use it in default combat with the slight human tracking ability it possesses. It's just one of those weapons I always feel comfortable with, and I can't say that for many weapons.

Literally every time i play a few matches of halo 5 i wanna get off and take a nap. This game is so bad

Good for you.

It's currently 5am and I'm still playing...

I am very much addicted...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good for you.

I just stayed up till 5 am playing this game.

I am very much addicted...

I thought I was taking a night's break after the 80K REQ point grind, but I already feel the urge to get back on. I'm addicted as well. @[email protected]