CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Honestly, I miss all of the custom games during the Halo 3 days, when the community was big and healthy. I miss playing game modes like Fat Kid, Jenga, Halo on Halo, and Derby.

I remember downloading so many fucking forge maps and modes off bungie.net fileshare. It was SO revolutionary at the time for me that i could click a button on my PC and see it on my console.

There was this foundry haunted town map with a car that blows up on first spawn and houses all around for infection. SO GOOD. Also a zanzibar d-day map that rained fusion coils with turrets on the wall and storage bins for cover in the water. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

What do I miss? Obviously the insane amount of kids talking to me about how much my mom slept around with them. Sure was fun to finally learn the truth about how promiscuous my mother was/is.

The Ice Princess's father finding out how promiscuous his wife was:

Frozen-3-750x420.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, I miss all of the custom games during the Halo 3 days, when the community was big and healthy. I miss playing game modes like Fat Kid, Jenga, Halo on Halo, and Derby.

God all of those custom games were what I lived for in high school. I played well over a thousand custom games and half of those were probably Fat Kid and all the other awesome, clever custom games that people came up with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys miss the most about past Halos RIGHT NOW?

In other words, if you could go back in time to a night where you were playing any of the Halos, doing anything, what would it be?

Mine would be one of the many late nights I spent playing Halo 2 BtB with a bunch of my middle school friends. Specifically Assault on Headlong. Such an amazing, intense map/mode. Sneaking the bomb all the way around the back and getting that sneaky arm?

Soooooo good. 

Reach custom lobbies where people wouldn't necessarily play minigames, but there would always be new maps to play with regular settings.

I'm hoping forgers actually do stuff in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach custom lobbies where people wouldn't necessarily play minigames, but there would always be new maps to play with regular settings.

I'm hoping forgers actually do stuff in this game.

Reach Customs after NBNS was pretty enjoyable. It's sniper was amazingly forgiving like H5s too though.

That locals cared. 

Halo CE is still the only game to this day that I've done big neighborhood LANs with.  

Chips galore, pizzas, soda, (I was a kid, so no beer), bunch of sweaty, smelly ass nerds all playing CE. 2 xboxes, 2 big ass tv's, all set up in my garage... 

CTF on Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, Slayer on smaller maps, etc. So good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys miss the most about past Halos RIGHT NOW?

In other words, if you could go back in time to a night where you were playing any of the Halos, doing anything, what would it be?

Mine would be one of the many late nights I spent playing Halo 2 BtB with a bunch of my middle school friends. Specifically Assault on Headlong. Such an amazing, intense map/mode. Sneaking the bomb all the way around the back and getting that sneaky arm?

Soooooo good. 

Me being young AF during Halo 2 and being not quite sure how people became halo pros, but being positive that I wanted to get as good as them so practicing my ass off with sniper and doubleshot etc. Then, matching against randoms with "MLG" in their GT and believing them when they said they were pro and trying to get into their friendgroup. Looking back on it was soooooo stupid but damn if it wasn't a good ride at the time. hahah

Reach Customs after NBNS was pretty enjoyable. It's sniper was amazingly forgiving like H5s too though.

Reach's sniper had the best aesthetic, though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I miss wanting to actually replay the campaign. Back to H2 it is. 

Only campaign I could ever replay was actually Halo: Reach's, because the protagonist was my multiplayer Spartan. xP That, and you got Cr for it, and could play it online, like any MM mode. Loved it.

Just played the laggiest game of my life. Literally walked off a ledge and fell off it 4 times in a row

Your connection.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE is still the only game to this day that I've done big neighborhood LANs with.  

Chips galore, pizzas, soda, (I was a kid, so no beer), bunch of sweaty, smelly ass nerds all playing CE. 2 xboxes, 2 big ass tv's, all set up in my garage... 

CTF on Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, Slayer on smaller maps, etc. So good.

My favorite LAN party or video game memory as a kid (high school) included 32 people, 8 CRT's/Xboxes, catering by some Mexican restaurant, and all day playing without any interruptions by anything. There were multiple games happening at any given time, a mix between 8v8, 2v2, and 4v4. Network cables throughout the entire house. All for this guy's birthday party who was a few years older than me. One of my all time best memories. 

CE obviously. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone played around with the stick settings on the elite controller yet? I'm find the smooth stick setting has made the aiming issue somewhat bearable.

Only campaign I could ever replay was actually Halo: Reach's, because the protagonist was my multiplayer Spartan. xP That, and you got Cr for it, and could play it online, like any MM mode. Loved it.

I'd happily replay ce, 3, odst and reach.

Only thing is how basic this file browser is. Where is the universal one when you can grab from ANY players file share and there can be top rated ones like Reach?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is actually a very excellent, BEEFY update. 

It actually surpassed my expectations. 

• Upvote (+1) 3