CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

REQs have little or nothing to do with the lack of content.

You can see where the focus of this game is. "Yeah, we can code new shit in it in a matter of weeks, but WE CAN'T CODE SOCIAL PLAYLISTS"

I really dont understand the hate for the req packs. Nobody is forcing people to buy the req packs. Its a purely for aesthetics. The HCS pack is designed to fund the World Championship. No different than what Dota has done. If you want to contribute, buy the pack. If you have a problem with the percentages or what they are charging, dont. And they made it possible to have saved up to get it by grinding.

The problem is dev resources and time went and is still going to making reqs when it could be going towards gametypes, maps etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

is halo broken now for everyone or just me?

Can't search matchmaking - customs work though.

Just play the game and over time you will unlock everything. The silver pack strategy seems to be the best bet to unlock all of the permanent skins and armor. Also, I personally sell all of the warzone crap to buy more silver packs. I doubt the total time to unlock everything in Reach is far off from unlocking everything in H5

Just play the game and over time you will unlock everything. The silver pack strategy seems to be the best bet to unlock all of the permanent skins and armor. Also, I personally sell all of the warzone crap to buy more silver packs. I doubt the total time to unlock everything in Reach is far off from unlocking everything in H5

You'll unlock all of H5's stuff faster than Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't play dota but from the skimming I did I thought dota 2 compendium thing was cool

The compendium by itself and all the contents they bring for players in general is amazing.

Anybody notice that Breakout is gone from the Arena playlists?

Edit: It is for me but not my friend. I don't know why.

Anybody notice that Breakout is gone from the Arena playlists?

Edit: It is for me but not my friend. I don't know why.

Pics

I don't play dota but from the skimming I did I thought dota 2 compendium thing was cool

DOTA is a free game though.

Also, I really doubt they allocated resources towards req packs that could've been used elsewhere. The concept of the pack is similar to the lotus armor or whatever that came in limited edition of the game. They didn't think they would need social because of Warzone.

Do any games currently have this?

Street fighter V sort of does. Not sure on the tournament prize pot (I believe it does) but some costumes can be grinded or bought and some can just be strictly bought I believe. All DLC characters in SFV can be bought by in game currency by grinding the game (like LoL but to a lesser extent of how much you have to grind) or you can buy them like normal.

Speaking of REQ's and armor, does anyone think there are too many visors similar to LEGENDARY (IE Classic) and Verdant (Green)? I unlocked both Ecto and Connected, they are exactly the same shade of green with no discernible differences whatsoever. Clockwork, Vandal, and Dynasty look like the standard gold from Halo 1-3.

Armor lore needs a tweak. Like bad.

Speaking of REQ's and armor, does anyone think there are too many visors similar to LEGENDARY (IE Classic) and Verdant (Green)? I unlocked both Ecto and Connected, they are exactly the same shade of green with no discernible differences whatsoever.

Armor lore needs a tweak. Like bad.

They're different. Connected is a darker variant of Flood, while Ecto has a subtle black tinge to it. Verdant's an inverted Ecto. Green first, black secondary tint.

Release a new LIMITED time req pack and the servers go down right after. #Just343Things :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

People such as @@Vetoed complaining of long search times when they're higher ranks need to start playing with lower skilled players to get games unless it's FFA unless you're @@Pyroteq who lives in Australia. I understand people are competitive and want to play the "best" but hey playing is better than sitting in the search lobby for hours on end trying to find a game. 

Yeah, I've considered losing on purpose to keep getting games, but there's no fun in winning against people who are far below your skill level over and over. I don't mind the occasional mismatched game, but more than once or twice in a row gets stupid. If I didn't care about my ranks, the satisfaction from winning against good opponents, and the fun in competitive matches, then I'd just keep making a new account every day OR go back to Destiny. But I'm the type of person who only cares for competitive matches in Halo, and I don't give a shit about the rest (though that doesn't mean social shouldn't be the game, I understand the appeal in it for some people). All I'm saying is that I'd be the kind of person to have an all-ranked record in Halo 3 because I'd get bored of social. 

But anyways, that's not how it should be, and I shouldn't have to lose on purpose to get games. The game just should be designed better not to punish players who are good at it. That shit is backwards logic. You wouldn't justify Halo 4's lack of ranks and competitive matches because it allows people to get games fast would you? This is the same. I always play to learn and to improve, and keeping my ranks high is a good way of doing so. It also happens that it's nice to be able to say you're Champion in every playlist.

TL;DR - The game should just work as intended and we shouldn't have to do all sorts of stupid shit in order to find matches. In MCC we had to quit the build to find games, but no one would attempt to justify or rationalize such poor design. Just fucking fix the game instead of resorting to cheap "hacks", it's not nearly as hard as it seems for AAA studios working on a game built in-house.

P.S. Yes I want to grind some FFA... it's the only playlist where you don't need a team to be on. Being able to stream whenever I want would be nice. Or 343 can keep shitting on the game's viewership too, whatever floats their damn boat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, I really doubt they allocated resources towards req packs that could've been used elsewhere. The concept of the pack is similar to the lotus armor or whatever that came in limited edition of the game. They didn't think they would need social because of Warzone.

They only have a set number of people, money and time. If its going to reqs its not going somewhere else. Simple oppurtunity cost.