CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Those glitches add skill to the game. BXB is infinitely easier then these glitches and is a lot more versatile.

You're telling me like I don't know this. haha

I can see where you're coming from. Some button combos can seem like a cheap get out of jail free card because they don't have a high enough risk factor when executing them. I like button combos that are situational and that have a high risk high reward to them. I like the double melee(melee, grenade, melee) button combo/glitch from Halo CE because it's very situational and it has a high risk high reward factor to it since if players mess up the execution of the combo they can end up accidentally killing themselves with their own grenade.

Most fun thing to do on MCC is double melee someone when they're about to kill you and it saves your life:

xboxdvr.com/Mythik+Nick/be6cdd41-3733-44dd-a1af-462adbe8a5ec

I wish Halo 5 had something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been getting tons of negs all day, nothing new. :P But yeah, I agree. I'm just tired, and blunt, so I put it in short terms. On that note, (Small tirade incoming) button glitches shouldn't have been in an "e-sport" title. Should've been fixed immediately, because a glitch being abused should NOT be the thing to hypothetically cost one team a match, and grant another a large sum of money. Just bothers me. *Ugh*.

Combos in Street Fighter (and therefore pretty much every fighting game in existence) only exist because of a glitch in the original game. Strafe Jumping in Quake (and by extension bunny hopping in many other arena shooters) was a glitch. By your logic these things should have been patched and we should be landing single strikes in SFV and moving at snails pace in Quake.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Those glitches add skill to the game. BXB is infinitely easier then these glitches and is a lot more versatile.

well double melee isn't hard to do, it just has an appropriate trade off.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Another weekend, another wasted opportunity.

The Sniper is awful in this game. The maps are also awful for Snipers. (Rig, Empire, Plaza, cmon) Rocket Rumble having only 9% now and only 14% of the players that tried it last weekend finished 10 games. Its not like we knew that before.

Not sure how long I can still play this game. All of my Halo friends/Team mates have stopped playing it by now, and we all know how fun H5 is as a solo player. I am just playing Warzone for stupid REQ points now. I dont even really enjoy it anymore. Just for the Silver/Gold packs.

If there is still radar in competitive settings by the time January rolls around, I will be done with this game. 

For some reason I have a feeling you'll be 'done' with this game even if that gets changed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This game just gets worse the more you play it. I went down from 1905 to 1570 in arena and it just felt completly random all the way through. If you play against a to4 searching alone there is absolutely no way you will ever win unless they are absolutely terrible. T eammates quit if they are down any considerable margin, and advantages can snowball into infinity.

This game is impossible to have fun with if you are losing, and seeing how you often have absolutely no control over a game, no wonder people aren't sticking around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol it was more due to the amount of things you could do at this point. I played more firefight than anything in Reach, and in H4 you had a viable starting rifle. But most of all I could at least aim my gun in close range. Now I'm just windmilling in cqc lol. Overall I would say those 2 games kept me interested much longer than H5 has. Potential-wise H5 is miles ahead and that's what makes it so sad. 343 for some reason is just against community feedback for some reason and is hellbent on making people play the game THEY want not the one the FANS want.

No I agree with you. I loved halo 5 gameplay barring some changes with weapons and radar. It feels better than reach or 4, but there's nothing driving me to play, either competively or socially. I can't always get a to4, warzone maps are too few, and there's no whacky social gametypes to fuck around on.

Reach and 4 are definitely more of a game in that regard than 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plasma Pistol starts, with a Storm Rifle secondary. 6 Splinter Grenades.

That sounds like a pretty fun gametype. Might be even more fun with regular pistol.

I've been getting tons of negs all day, nothing new. :P But yeah, I agree. I'm just tired, and blunt, so I put it in short terms. On that note, (Small tirade incoming) button glitches shouldn't have been in an "e-sport" title. Should've been fixed immediately, because a glitch being abused should NOT be the thing to hypothetically cost one team a match, and grant another a large sum of money. Just bothers me. *Ugh*.

Combos in Street Fighter (and therefore pretty much every fighting game in existence) only exist because of a glitch in the original game. Strafe Jumping in Quake (and by extension bunny hopping in many other arena shooters) was a glitch. By your logic these things should have been patched and we should be landing single strikes in SFV and moving at snails pace in Quake.

Yup.

Strafe jumping later become an intended part of the design for many future FPS.

You can't just write off exploiting glitches as bad because plenty of games have them and many of them became successful despite them and some are even popular because of them.

Goat Simulator is pretty much a game designed around glitches.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regardless of whether you agree with glitches or not, once the cool factor of these tricks dies down, what we are left with is an ability to cross a map too safely and too quickly. It further kills map control, movement prediction and another way to escape a battle.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game just gets worse the more you play it. I went down from 1905 to 1570 in arena and it just felt completly random all the way through. If you play against a to4 searching alone there is absolutely no way you will ever win unless they are absolutely terrible. T eammates quit if they are down any considerable margin, and advantages can snowball into infinity.

This game is impossible to have fun with if you are losing, and seeing how you often have absolutely no control over a game, no wonder people aren't sticking around.

It's pretty fun if you play with a people, add me I'm high onyx in arena. GT: Aiex Gurren

I honestly think most CE glitches are a lot easier to execute than those in H2 besides double melee which is more because of how rewarding the melee system is in CE compared to H2. Like you've said about the ease of use of the abilities in H5, I never think "that's awesome" if I see anybody quick camo, switch weapons silently or backpack reload in CE, its just part of the meta and anybody with the knowledge on how to do it, can generally do it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please no button combos. Those just annoyed me in Halo 2, solely because they added unneeded complexity to the game, on top of being "cheats/glitches". One shouldn't just be able to button combo their way out of situations they're in. Gunskill and a solid strafe should rule the day. The other things I totally agree with, though.

Activated my account again briefly just to neg you for this post. Button combos are literally the best accidental things to happen to H1 and H2. The only people who don't like them are scrubs with slow fingers and baddies who cant claw.

More interesting and fun than anything in H5 -->

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/12870706

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/12443453

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/12443442

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/13033922

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/12354304

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/12384087

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/3237021

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/3237024

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

i think if they reforged maps to be bigger in breakout and did like one bomb where you switched every round would be really cool and just like csgo... thoughts?

Halo 5 was fun while the population lasted for about 2 weeks, I really enjoyed the gameplay. The abilities were difficult to adapt to, but I enjoyed them for what they were. And in the end it's clear they couldn't grab the casual population as I can't get a game in multiple playlists already and it's a fucking joke. I thought this game had a lot more potential to hold population - I had good hope for it - but I was wrong. 343 clearly have no idea how to make a working Halo game with depth. It's hard to believe they had 3 years to make this game.

I guess the honeymoon phase is over. Although I do enjoy Halo 5 gameplay, it hasn't had traction with the masses and as a result my matchmaking experience has suffered.

I think the abilities in Halo just made the game too hard for casuals. They were difficult to get used to and use in pressure situations for me - a hardcore fan of the series. I can only see this being 10x more frustrating for casual players who lack the dedication to the series to get used to them and improve. Halo used to be great because it was very accessible and easy to understand at the lowest level where aiming was the primary distinction between good and bad players. But at high levels it became more rewarding - where everyone can aim the same - it became more of a game of chess and involved outthinking the enemy team to win. This mashing of armour abilities into Halo has just made the game a mess and overly complex.

343's "Sustain Plan" is more of an abstain plan. In which they have removed and restricted things to create the illusion they are adding to the game after launch. Instead of adding actual NEW and unseen before content after launch. I long for the day Halo returns to simplistic gameplay - accessible for casuals, difficult to master and filled with a huge range of things to do. For now, for me at least... it's back to MCC. Which I hope they will make more stable. However, I have learned to expect nothing from this company whose only motivation is to sap money from dedicated fans' pockets... obliterating the brand image of Halo in the process.

Yep, ive been saying this since reach. Not only do alll these new abilities ruin the game at high levels for ultra hardcore players but they also make what was already a tough game for casuals even tougher. Its just too god damn complicated.

I feel as though 343 has been mislead by thier feedback. They see it and peg the 11%ers as the minority and the 89%ers as the majority. Oblivious to the fact that the entirety of the 100% of the direct feedback they get is coming from a vocal minority. The only true feedback they get from the voiceless masses is population data. But they come up with a million and 1 excuses to ignore that as well.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Regardless of whether you agree with glitches or not, once the cool factor of these tricks dies down, what we are left with is an ability to cross a map too safely and too quickly. It further kills map control, movement prediction and another way to escape a battle.

What would you say is game breaking about it? Do you have an example on how it makes it too safe?

Movie hype, man. Ten dollars says that, by the time December comes and goes, the game'll be dying faster than Halo 4, or Titanfall. It'll get worse when the overpriced DLC begins to segment players from each other, as well. It's just... Ugh. It's disappointing and frustrating, given the game should've been amazing.

Why are people still using Titanfall and Halo 4 to describe a quickly falling population when Halo 5 fell quicker than both of them?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why are people still using Titanfall and Halo 4 to describe a quickly falling population when Halo 5 fell quicker than both of them?

"Let's combine that feeling of fighting the game instead of opponents that H4 had with the lack of content at launch that Titanfall offered"

- someone at 343

• Upvote (+1) 6

We have no data to back this up reliably.

Not to mention there's still hope for halo 5 where as 2 weeks after halo 4 launched it was just... Dead. No saving that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What would you say is game breaking about it? 

what we are left with is an ability to cross a map too safely and too quickly. It further kills map control, movement prediction and another way to escape a battle.

I pretty much explained there. Go look at the video a few comments up and how much distance covered in such a quick manner. I didnt say game breaking, but its just yet another defensive ability.

Something like this happened similar in Reach, when MLG went to 120 speed/No bloom/sprint, they forgot to take out Evade at first. That allowed such map traversing abilities (though obviously less situational since it was an armor ability).

We have no data to back this up reliably.

Not to mention there's still hope for halo 5 where as 2 weeks after halo 4 launched it was just... Dead. No saving that game.

Halo 4 didnt drop down to outside the top 10 so quickly. Halo 4, while it did drop in population, was nowhere close to dead after two weeks.