CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Does anyone else think it's a good idea to remove all DMRs/BRs from these maps? One of the big problems with this game at the moment is how unsafe it is to challenge. For one thing, it stagnates the gameplay even more than it already is with radars, and it's not fun at all. This is something that MLG settings did great in the past.

Chances were, the most powerful weapon the person you were looking to challenge had was the same utility weapon everyone gets off spawn, which allowed you a lot of freedom in picking and starting fights. With Halo 5, chances are that if you find someone holding a particular position, they have one or two weapons that will absolutely shred you no matter how good your shot is. It's just another way that this game is the most restrictive Halo game ever despite all of these new abilities and features that no one asked for.

To be honest, DMRs/BRs aren't even half the problem. But it seems like the most logical step to take forward at the moment.

If 343 would just buff the stupid pistol we wouldn't even have to touch the weapons on the maps.

The BR could be the "safer" option because of its burst fire. The DMR could be more powerful at range with its strong scope. The pistol would still be the most dominant weapon in good hands. Right now, it just doesn't work because it makes no sense to expect people to hit the perfect kill with the pistol on maps like Truth or Coliseum from across the map vs. a BR or a DMR when it's so much easier to do with those weapons. Like you said, it's never safe to challenge, and risking a life over the chance of a perfect kill is a bad decision 99% of the time.

And it would also help alleviate how OP automatics are right now.

The main problem is that right now, 343 is running the competitive league so all the changes are up to them... including what goes on the maps and sandbox balance.

I think we're better off hoping for a sandbox rebalance than for weapons to be removed on the maps... not that it says much.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Changing the Magnum ROF to how it was in the Beta would fix so many problems...

except the Storm Rifle. That thing's nuts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Magnum needs to be a 4sk with BR RRR, BR/DMR need huge magnetism nerfs, BR should fire it's burst a little slower, and all autos need a nerf of some sort. Skill needs to determine kill times. If that means making half the sandbox non-viable then good. It's 343's fault for adding so many redundant weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At least look into making the playlist social if you're looking into bringing JiP back

At least look into making the playlist social if you're looking into bringing JiP back

They can't for now lol, they haven't coded in social playlists yet.

Magnum has the same RRR in scope as BR. Just 1.5x vs 2x. Someone posted RRR stats here a couple of days ago. Pistol=BR<LR<CC<=DMR

Based on what @@MATCLAN posted a while back the magnum has the same range as the BR/DMR/Carbine unscoped (36m) but while scoped the magnum has 58m while the BR has 75, the carbine has 90 and the DMR has 110. I tested range in a custom game and the BR/DMR definitely have more RRR and magnetism than the magnum.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

They can't for now lol, they haven't coded in social playlists yet.

I would argue that Warzone and Warzone Assault are social playlists, but hey what do I know

Remember the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge? The winner of the Spartan Ops segment was meant to have a two minute cameo in a future Halo title:

HGuVEWu.png

Guy called "ZERO X SAYA" won.

I don't recall anything being talked about for Halo 5 relating to this.

Speaking of.. There was an ARG for Halo 5 back in May. The winners were going to have their 'faces put into the game'. I totally forgot about it.

Was there ever a video about it? Something showing them in the game or a press release?

Speaking of.. There was an ARG for Halo 5 back in May. The winners were going to have their 'faces put into the game'. I totally forgot about it.

Was there ever a video about it? Something showing them in the game or a press release?

Maybe in this? (random speculation because there's a lot of unknown faces in there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SENJV2_XuLM

All I can think of. I doubt it though.

Maybe in this? (random speculation because there's a lot of unknown faces in there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SENJV2_XuLM

All I can think of. I doubt it though.

I just scoured the web and found the guys who won. They got their faces in the Fall of Reach animated series. Really cool but damn I'd be kinda annoyed about not getting in the game itself. They won special editions and other swag too though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't really be into a girl if I knew all of my friends have had their wieners in her mouth.

I mean, I'm terrified enough of just accidentally taking a sip from their soda instead of mine.

No bond goes deeper than the bond shared by Eskimo brothers.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You still do it anyway? EWWWWWWW.

Hell no. If I see a can out, and I don't distinctively remember setting it there in the last two minutes, I just leave it alone until every one goes home. Then I just throw it out.

I can see the topic consistently drifts off Halo 5 still. Says a lot.

@@ABearInTheWoods must be laughing really bittersweetly right now.

Hell no. If I see a can out, and I don't distinctively remember setting it there in the last two minutes, I just leave it alone until every one goes home. Then I just throw it out.

Okay good, I generally do that too, but I get so cringy around shared cans. Swapping spit isn't fun, I don't see how these people like it. XP 

That's what happens when @@TheIcePrincess isn't telling horrible puns.

ICEY PLS DELIVER US FROM OUR SHITPOSTING.

Why me? 

I noticed this last night while rebooting the game like 3 times to get matches, and now I can't unsee it. Did no one at 343 mention this to the person who worked on the cover art? Not that it looks better or worse... but... it's just inconsistent.

It just makes me feel like people over there are afraid of communicating with one another and giving real feedback.

6713ae7d9654320ab1d22126a5f222b4.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I noticed this last night while rebooting the game like 3 times to get matches, and now I can't unsee it. Did no one at 343 mention this to the person who worked on the cover art? Not that it looks better or worse... but... it's just inconsistent.

It just makes me feel like people over there are afraid of communicating with one another and giving real feedback.

Or maybe no one really pays it any attention since its just a video game cover art. I'm certainly not complaining about seeing classic banshees again

Holy shit, I just noticed that the Halo 5 Banshee wings look like Covenant Carbines.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or maybe no one really pays it any attention since its just a video game cover art. I'm certainly not complaining about seeing classic banshees again

I guess so? I mean personally, I think it's the most important 2D art of the game (bar UI), so I'm not too impressed to find inconsistencies in it.

I guess so? I mean personally, I think it's the most important 2D art of the game (bar UI), so I'm not too impressed to find inconsistencies in it.

This entire game is full of cut corners so I'm not too surprised. Really want to hear the behind the scenes of the making of H5. It was probably hell.

I can see the topic consistently drifts off Halo 5 still. Says a lot.

@@ABearInTheWoods must be laughing really bittersweetly right now.

With Halo 5, I really really did want my predictions to be wrong, thats the truth. 

But the community (including most casuals) have lost interest.  It sucks to see, because I want nothing more than to see REAL Halo back at the top of the FPS genre.  I guess I will have to wait a bit longer for that.  I prob dislike 343 the most out of anyone in these forums, but I do love Halo - I wouldnt have stuck around since 2003 out of boredom thats for sure.   Hopefully 343 changes the recipe, or we can get a new dev for H6.  Thats the only thing bringing this train back on the tracks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't really be into a girl if I knew all of my friends have had their wieners in her mouth.

I mean, I'm terrified enough of just accidentally taking a sip from their soda instead of mine.

We used to use the "jar of peanut butter" analogy.

Hey I love peanut butter, but once your dick has been in the jar - not interested.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about 2D backgrounds? As in, skyboxes.