CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Remember when weekend playlists were unique gametypes we rarely saw and not the same thing every other week of a playlist that would have been permanent by now?

Pepperidge farm remembers. . .

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss playing playlist instead of voting for them.

Back to Fallout 4.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It sucks to think no matter what gets picked, I won't be playing more than a couple games. These options are so shit.

I mean, what happened to weekend SOCIAL? People were hoping for actual social playlists like Race, Multiteam, action sack, infection, grifball. Things that we can't make in custom games but they should have the resources to make ONE playlist with.

Shotty snipers and Rumble Rockets were just about the two most unpleasant experiences I've had playing Halo. Strongholds is something we already have enough of and should never have it's own playlist.

What are they thinking?

Makes you wonder if they CAN'T currently make those gametypes for some mysterious reason. Otherwise it seems crazy that they wouldn't.

They can't be that oblivious to what the community expected of a weekend playlist... can they?

I could literally smell the dorito stains on their fingers dude. That was BAAAD

"BAAAD" is an understatement. They were tryharding so hard, while hoarding Rockets, Shotguns and Snipers. It was a complete fustercluck.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Remember when weekend playlists were unique gametypes we rarely saw and not the same thing every other week of a playlist that would have been permanent by now?

Yep. Weekend playlists used to be for fun, now it's the community begging to play game modes that they think should be in by default.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Makes you wonder if they CAN'T currently make those gametypes for some mysterious reason. Otherwise it seems crazy that they wouldn't.

They apparently can. Assault was seen in a Sprint episode, I think, but it's absent now. Either @@Moa or @@Infinity would be the ones to have the image to correspond to that, if you desired it. 

People to this day still don't understand that Bungie admitted to designing a completely random BR intentionally. All in favor of the AR starts.

Was that the reasoning behind the randomness of the BR, in hopes that people would rather use ARs? I don't understand why they thought AR starts would be good after they admitted that SMG starts in H2 were a bad idea.

I miss playing playlist instead of voting for them.

Back to Fallout 4.

Maybe it's a civics lesson in American Democracy.

>Everyone gets to vote

>Almost no one does

>No one gets involved in any other way

>Everyone is disappointed

Yep. Weekend playlists used to be for fun, now it's the community begging to play game modes that they think should be in by default.

You don't like begging your friends to get on Halo to play a certain playlist that's been around for 10 years for a 48 hour trial run?

• Upvote (+1) 3

They apparently can. Assault was seen in a Sprint episode, I think, but it's absent now. Either @@Moa or @@Infinity would be the ones to have the image to correspond to that, if you desired it.

Doesn't mean they can.

We don't know that assault didn't crash the servers when they tried it in a network environment.

All we know is that assault was in an internal early test build. We know nothing of its stability.

They can't be that oblivious to what the community expected of a weekend playlist... can they?

I mean if you're expecting Race, Assault, etc from the weekend playlists right now, you're expecting the impossible. They're working with what they current have - Slayer, Strongholds, Breakout and CTF. 

Down the line when they eventually add new modes, expect them to show up as weekend lists but right now - no one should be expecting them.

This game has so many questionable decisions it's not even funny any more... Why are we recycling same playlist every weekend?

WHERE is oddball, King of the hill, infection, extraction, assault?

We must #HuntTheTruth

• Upvote (+1) 2

my team pretty much every time i play warzone assault, there must be some sort of CSR/skillsystem cause this is definitely no coincidence

RqBXcUv.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

my team pretty much every time i play warzone assault, there must be some sort of CSR/skillsystem cause this is definitely no coincidence

RqBXcUv.jpg

Rofl - chespace absolutely carrying the team.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game has so many questionable decisions it's not even funny any more... Why are we recycling same playlist every weekend?

WHERE is oddball, King of the hill, infection, extraction, assault?

We must #HuntTheTruth

If the december update has no new Gametypes or Arena maps, i'll start to question the viability of this "sustain plan." You can only hold out basic features for so long before people start to lose interest. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

RqBXcUv.jpg

You should tweet that picture to him lmao

If the december update has no new Gametypes or Arena maps, i'll start to question the viability of this "sustain plan." You can only hold out basic features for so long before people start to lose interest.

People ARE already losing interest. This sustain plan has backfired so hard. Honestly, it makes me happy. 343 needs to understand their version will never work and they need to go back to H3 model. There's a reason why that game had 300,000 players everyday 3 years later.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People ARE already losing interest. This sustain plan has backfired so hard. Honestly, it makes me happy. 343 needs to understand their version will never work and they need to go back to H3 model. There's a reason why that game had 300,000 players everyday 3 years later.

Instead of holding back basic features that have been in the series for years in order to "sustain," they should tried to innovate and push the game forward every month after release. That would be a good way to have a sustain plan. The way they are doing it now seems lazier by the week. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel for you, I really do but can we stop behaving like matchmaking is only working for North America? I find games incredibly fast in the UK.

In the video I specifically said mainly players outside of NA and Europe, although players in all regions are having issues finding matches at high ranks.

No Doubles, but we got rid of the Shotguns in Snipers this time, fam.

What the fucking fuck. Strongholds? WE ALREADY HAVE STRONGHOLDS IN TEAM ARENA FFS. Give us a gametype we can't actually play already.

Doubles makes it so much easier to find games and avoid running into the same players over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any information on the sustain plan other than the promise of more content? Does it say anywhere in their plans when they plan on releasing these plans? "Soon" usually means a good thing but thats a word I really don't want to hear anymore from this company.

I've lost interest. 

Havent played Halo in a month lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't mean they can.

We don't know that assault didn't crash the servers when they tried it in a network environment.

All we know is that assault was in an internal early test build. We know nothing of its stability.

Assuming 343 didn't completely ditch the gametype scripting engine present in Halo Reach and 4, there isn't much actually stopping them from creating old gametypes.

I've lost interest.

Havent played Halo in a month lol.

same. As we all know, it's not worth it to play arena alone, so it's either have a team of 4 or play FFA, in which he who uses autos wins ALWAYS. So I mostly just sat and stared at my menu screen while playing on my phone 3 weeks after release, waiting for someone to invite/react to an invite. It's not worth it anymore, which sucks.