CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Should of clarified but i was talking about mlg settings 

less Sluggish movement

Inaccurate/random utility weapon

Completely stripped away sandbox (subjective whether you like more niche weapons)

Terrible Arena maps outside of Guardian/Pit/Narrows/Construct

H3 MLG was definitely better but it just got rid of the stuff that didn't matter, aka the bad maps and pointless weapons. H5 is definitely more competitive than H3 out of the box, whether it beats the MLG settings can be left up to opinion

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'MMA JELLIN', JUUUUST JELLIN'. IM A JELLY BOY, GONNA KEEP JELLIN'.

I was contemplating taking an image of each Noble set I have, and showing them to you, just to make you squirm.

Because I'm evil. [hmph]

Isnt there a Halo debate thread? Honestly, I feel like Im on Waypoint when I read some of this crap.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ehhhh, I'd criticize Halo 3 more for its inconsistent hit detection and garbage utility weapon over its pacing.

That Halo 3 "garbage utility weapon" is still more fun and competitive than any weapon Halo 5 has to offer.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

less Sluggish movement

Inaccurate/random utility weapon

Completely stripped away sandbox (subjective whether you like more niche weapons)

H3 MLG was definitely better but it just got rid of the stuff that didn't matter, aka the bad maps and pointless weapons. H5 is definitely more competitive than H3 out of the box, whether it beats the MLG settings can be left up to opinion

Well like i said in the post that you edited out, the utility weapon wouldn't have been inaccurate if the hit detection was better. Not perfect but lightyears better.

Movement was fine with MLG settings

Stripped sandbox isn't a problem with me. I prefer utility and then power weapons but thats just me

H3 had the best MLG maps out of all the halos lol.

• Downvote (-1) 1

That Halo 3 "garbage utility weapon" is still more fun and competitive than any weapon Halo 5 has to offer.

Yeah... no.

I consider myself an average halo player (not talking about skill). I am literally what you describe. Gold (4), 1k/d (1.1), 50% win rate (51%). I complete disagree with you that "we" (me being the demographic you describe) enjoy social more because "we" have a chance to dominate every once and awhile. That happens it ranked just as much as social. "We" would prefer a close match (50-45+) over dominating once and a while any day of the week.

So being part of the demographic that you described, I believe you are incorrect and that you don't actually understand the demographic you described or what it wants.

You are one person. You do not speak for everone. I do realise it looks like I'am doing the same but I believe the overwhelming popularity of games like COD and destiny(not to mention halo social) backs up my claims. I aalso believe this theory holds true as to why So many casual players pick care packages and random weapon/vechile cards. Its fun to have the chance at a very empowering experience. Even if theres a chance you are going to get something shitty.

I would argue if you enjoy every game being 50-49 and you post on teambeyond.net you are not a casual gamer.

Why would you think a non competitive player would enjoy playing tight, competitve matches every game?

Magnum>>>>>>>>>>>BR

Oh yeah, is that why everyone is looking to switch it out for a BR/DMR/Carbine when they spawn? Well, everyone except you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh yeah, is that why everyone is looking to switch it out for a BR/DMR/Carbine when they spawn? Well, everyone except you.

Because of ease of use. :P Anyhow, I wasn't referring to Halo 5's BR/DMR/Carbine. I referred to your comment on Halo 3's BR somehow being more competitive (and subjectively fun, but that's just personal views) than any weapon in H5, including the Magnum, which is false. 

Viewership

October 28th at this time: 16,766

November 30th same time: 472 (ranked 53rd right now on Twitch)

In before "Viewers doesnt matter, Halo always has had bad viewership, etc etc..."

Halo HAS had great viewership in the past - so if you believe this is normal outside of when 343 took the helm, you are very much wrong.

I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page in regards to halo 5s popularity, games in the drain.

>LOL LOOK AT TEH POPULATION NUMBERS, NOBODY PLAYS DIS GAEM!!
>343 PLZ GIVE US PARTY RESTRICTIONS DON'T LET TEAMS PLAY SOLO PLAYERS!!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

:grunt:

Sluggish movement

Inaccurate/random utility weapon (that wasn't even the 'default' weapon'

Completely useless sandbox (+ Dual Wielding)

Regen Field. Power Drain. RADAR JAMMER. FLARES.

Elite hitboxes

Janky weapon timers that allow players to abuse and snowball

The H3 BR is barely inaccurate/random. The % of it being inaccurate is so small that it's not noticeable. Yes, I'm one of those "you have to lead your shots" guys cause it's true. Over 100,000 H3 BR kills. The weapon was just fun to use. Regen, power drain, and bubble shield weren't necessary, but I'll take those any day over the absolute game breaking gimmicks that plague Halo these days.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Because the game sucks. :P Anyhow, I wasn't referring to Halo 5's BR/DMR/Carbine. I referred to your comment on Halo 3's BR somehow being more competitive (and subjectively fun, but that's just personal views) than any weapon in H5, including the Magnum, which is false. 

Fixed that first part for you. Halo 3's BR is objectively more fun and competitive to use in the Halo 3 sandbox than the magnum is in the Halo 5 sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The H3 BR is barely inaccurate/random. The % of it being inaccurate is so small that it's not noticeable. Yes, I'm one of those "you have to lead your shots" guys cause it's true. Over 100,000 H3 BR kills. The weapon was just fun to use. Regen, power drain, and bubble shield weren't necessary, but I'll take those any day over the absolute game breaking gimmicks that plague Halo these days.

H3 BR fights are extremely enjoyable at close (and barely middle) ranges, outside of that the weapon is just terrible when you combine spread, range, and hit detection.

P.S. If I had 100,000 Needler kills it doesn't make it the best competitive weapon. :kappa:

H3 BR fights are extremely enjoyable at close (and barely middle) ranges, outside of that the weapon is just terrible when you combine spread, range, and hit detection.

P.S. If I had 100,000 Needler kills it doesn't make it the best competitive weapon. :kappa:

Hit detection may be ass on MCC, but was pretty damn good on the OG H3. Yes, you had to really hit the guy for the shots to count, but that's how it should be, instead of shots registering just because they're close enough. Far more satisfying to use than anything 343 has had to offer. My 100,000 H3 BR kills was just to back up my point of it not being as inaccurate as you or others seem to think it is. Yes, there is some inconsistency, but not at noticeable or game breaking levels.

The H3 BR is barely inaccurate/random. The % of it being inaccurate is so small that it's not noticeable. Yes, I'm one of those "you have to lead your shots" guys cause it's true. Over 100,000 H3 BR kills. The weapon was just fun to use. Regen, power drain, and bubble shield weren't necessary, but I'll take those any day over the absolute game breaking gimmicks that plague Halo these days.

I thought that the third bullet actually had a very high chance of deviating from the center of its crosshair. Do you know the percentages? I at one point did but I completely forget. Also, in what way is it objectively more fun? I feel competitive as least has some factors to measure which could be better or worse, but fun's a tough one.