CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

giphy.gif

It's like 343 thinks we're still playing on 2004 connections. It's 2015 with dedis, ya don't need that much BM @Sal1ent  :lxthul:

2 weeks ago it would shuffle between #3-7. Now its between #7-11. Its bad. Its h4 all over again.

We hate to say we told you so 343...

How do you guys know this? Is there a list anywhere?

How do you guys know this? Is there a list anywhere?

On the Xbox One. Go to Store/Games Tab > Browse All Games > Most Played Games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 is currently not even in the Top 10 most played on Xbox One. Now will 343i finally see that their game is shit, and they need to fix it ASAP.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5 is currently not even in the Top 10 most played on Xbox One. Now will 343i finally see that their game is shit, and they need to fix it ASAP.

Yup. This December update needs to have everything that should've shipped with the game, + balancing/tuning. Could we start an official wishlist for 343? Community-created, then made into an official  :beyond: article? @@Moa

Some of the stuff should be obvious, but then again...

I'm sorry but saying that it is shit is going a little far. There are problems with this game just like there are with every game. But it plays well and does a lot of things well. Calling a game shit because of player retention is a bit moronic.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Exactly. The December update must have a ton of content in it otherwise the new Christmas players will be gone shortly after as well, along with all the other players who waited for it.

At this point they should just give the game away as a free download.

This game is Titanfalling out of the top 10 faster than H4 and MCC combined.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

That's cute

And yet for all that Titanfalls only problem was that there wasn't a lot to unlock. Titanfall was an amazing game and can easily be better with more customization.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've played more Titanfall then Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry, but I don't see the reasoning of comparing Default Reach to Default H5 and saying that Reach's gameplay was better and "more Halo."

Reach went even farther away from the Halo formula. It had loadouts. It had Armor Abilities. It had Bloom. It had the slowest base movement in Halo history. It had some of the worst maps in the beginning lineup (Boardwalk, Swordbase, Uncaged, Powerhouse, the awful remakes). It had slow weapon timers, a weak sandbox, an even weaker Utillity Weapon (lol Bloom DMR)...

I can understand what Reach brought later in its debut, and its ability to create more custom content. But saying what it began with is better than what H5 has?

Ridiculous.

People who are saying reach or h4 are better than h5 are just caught up in the moment right now. H5 is cleaaaarly superior to those games.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's an ugly, derivative game with no soul, but campaign has people hyped. I predict rave reviews, 8 million in total sales, and a MP population of 50,000 after 6 months.

It's sad to see how such a negative, cynical predicton overestimated H5's actual success.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151126/business/151129354/

The dipheads on waypoint say it's due to it being largely sold as digital copies, but I doubt that. Very good news, money is the only language M$ understands.

The gamestop CEO said that digital sales are essentially the same percentage as always. The sales are genuinely this bad.

edit: lol that's what the article says

Yup. This December update needs to have everything that should've shipped with the game, + balancing/tuning. Could we start an official wishlist for 343? Community-created, then made into an official  :beyond: article? @@Moa

Some of the stuff should be obvious, but then again...

I'll start:

Playlists: More social playlists like Infection, BTB, and Grifball. Add Action Sack when Forge has been out long enough for people to mess around with crazy maps/gametypes. For Ranked, add Team Snipers & Team Doubles. Also make TS a social playlist. Having TS ranked when there's Team Arena is redundant.

Gametypes: It's a joke that HCS will only have 2 obj. gametypes. They need to bring back Oddball & KOTH at the very least, and Extraction or Assault would be good as well. 

Weapon balancing: I think everyone agrees that Autos are too prevalent, and that Pistol is underpowered for its skill gap. My theory on how this slipped through the cracks and launched this way is that the game was only tested at a VERY HIGH level, where the Pro team doesn't miss shots with the Pistol. At any lower level though, Pistol becomes way too weak, and autos too strong. Also ruins Doubles & FFA. A ROF buff would fix the Magnum without making it OP. AR & SR need slight nerfs to make them more skill-based as well. Controllable reticle bloom for AR that makes burst-firing a better option (like it was in H4), and ANY nerf for SR would be good. Oh, and yeah, the Sniper should take skill  :holmes:

Maps: Know 343 will be adding more BTB maps, but they also need to fix the current ones. They screwed up Headlong with the Mantis and no hogs, and also changed Recurve a lot (for the worse it seems). They also need to fix spawns on a lot of the maps. Deadlock, Recurve, Coliseum & Regret are the worst offenders. Also, Warzone desperately needs new maps - 3 maps is not nearly enough for such a big part of the game. Also, it'd be nice to see some more Arena maps, besides the remixes currently planned. 

Features: Along with Forge, there should be more Custom Games options, a file browser, and a proper BROADCAST mode. The current spectator mode is unusable for tourneys. 

An actually interesting video here from Halo Follower, noting Halo 5's poor sales and plummeting population:

My opinion? Halo 4 was a bad game, all devs release them from time to time. A blip. But they could have learnt from it and make the next game all worth it. But MCC... The hype around MCC's release really could have created Halo's return. Hell, if it worked 100% and had a few more competitive H2A maps, I'd have been more than happy for them to delay H5 for another 6 months to a year to get it finished. And let's be honest, H5 is not a finished product. No doubles, snipers, ball, bomb, infection, griffball and then we get forged post-release BTB maps. They obviously needed more time. This doesn't however excuse the lack of split screen and a poor campaign. Both massive factors in buying a game to many people.

I didn't write this to just bash the game. I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. It just could have been much more. And I feel MCC's failures are largely responsible.

didn't ms say half the overall sales were digital?