CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

General Halo question: can someone explain to me why the hell OS decays?

We don't have rockets slowly losing ammo if you camp with them, I don't see why OS slowly dissolves.

Because the OS is based on the Mega Health in Quake 3 which decays over time. It prevents the OS from being over powered and encourages you to use the OS offensively rather than defensively, otherwise you could just take OS, take rockets and then camp in a room for the rest of the game.

Same reason the camo decays. If camo lasted until you died it would be ridiculous. With a short timer you've basically got a set amount of time to make as many plays as possible and take advantage of it in the short window.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gotcha. Not an issue at all for me but I can see how frustrating that could be, an easy fix? 

I imagine it would just take adding the equivalent of "if player is 3rd or above, tag match as a victory" to whatever system is converting the game results into the stats. It already seems like they have that kind of logic in the system. For example, when you come in 4th on the winning team, you're still credited with a victory, so the system seems capable of separating your numbered placing with whether the game was a victory or not.

It all depends on how they have everything set-up (which I know next to nothing about).

Can't understand why they took JIP out of big team.  Now if your team starts losing in the 1st minute the quitters start rolling and now almost every game turns to crap.  I've been on both ends of it.  Playing big team slayer 8v3 on a huge map where the other team is just hiding make me put the controller down and jump on the computer and tap my stick once in a while so I don't get kicked for being AFK. . .

So now my one game mode where I can jump in and screw around is ruined. . .

This might be the only thing I side with /r/Halo on.

The reason BtB is ranked is not because it should be, but because 343 literally does not have the capability to make unranked playlists at the moment. Until then, the playlist really should've been considered as the "social" playlist in the time being. If you seriously cared about your rank in that playlist with no party restrictions, then let me be the first to say that you're pathetic. But in the interest of avoiding triggering 6 people, let me say that in my opinion you are pathetic. There's so many quitters in BtB that no JiP really makes it a hassle to get through.

• Downvote (-1) 2

OS decay in 1v1s is pretty lame. Its kinda of like pac-man cherries. The player will become invincible and chase the ghost, and the ghost runs away and waits it out. Pretty much exactly how OS pickup happens in halo.

The kings of arena FPS, UT2K4 and Q3 would like a word with you.

There's nothing wrong with OS decay.

Imagine no decay.

You would pick up OS and then camp OS or another weapon/powerup until OS comes back again. The first person to pick up OS would automatically win the game.

Honestly I'm surprised it's still in the game since Bungie and 343 have made sure to get rid of every single arena aspect of Halo over the years.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The reason BtB is ranked is not because it should be, but because 343 literally does not have the capability to make unranked playlists at the moment. Until then, the playlist really should've been considered as the "social" playlist in the time being. If you seriously cared about your rank in that playlist with no party restrictions, then let me be the first to say that you're pathetic. But in the interest of avoiding triggering 6 people, let me say that in my opinion you are pathetic. There's so many quitters in BtB that no JiP really makes it a hassle to get through.

There were people on r/halo bashing people who were saying btb should be social and not ranked.  They were saying it's even starts like other gametypes so it should be ranked.  I almost died from the lulz.  r/halo can get almost as bad as waypoint.

Yup. I literally can't believe the amount of people on these forums that care about their rank in BIG TEAM BATTLE. I could have sworn I had been reading WayPoint forums with a Beyond skin.

Holy shit guys, didn't we already decide that ranks didn't mean shit all the way back in 2004 FFS?

Hell, I remember when they reset ranks in Halo 2 and I sat on level 1 for months playing custom games since I didn't enjoy running around with my spray and pray SMG.

343 could have implemented JiP better, for sure, but the knee jerk reaction was so dumb and now we get to play one sided games because apparently some people really care THAT MUCH about their BTB rank.

I really hope this update is good in December. It looks to be a big list of stuff.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/killed-from-the-gravy

Each day, teams across the studio are working on not only improving existing experiences – based on your feedback on UI, stats and CSR tuning, customization, BTB spawns and JIP, spectator tools, Warzone Assault trickery, and plenty more – but also new experiences as well, including new maps, weapons, REQs, and beyond. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be talking more about what’s to come in the December update, which will be here in well under a month. We’ll be covering Forge, new maps, the start of seasons and other playlist changes, and lots more. Speaking of, we’ve got a few things going on in Halo 5 this weekend. Let’s talk about ‘em!

Yup. I literally can't believe the amount of people on these forums that care about their rank in BIG TEAM BATTLE. I could have sworn I had been reading WayPoint forums with a Beyond skin.

Holy shit guys, didn't we already decide that ranks didn't mean shit all the way back in 2004 FFS?

Hell, I remember when they reset ranks in Halo 2 and I sat on level 1 for months playing custom games since I didn't enjoy running around with my spray and pray SMG.

343 could have implemented JiP better, for sure, but the knee jerk reaction was so dumb and now we get to play one sided games because apparently some people really care THAT MUCH about their BTB rank.

This is also not even a real season so ranks mean even less.

I'm stuck in a time warp in Warzone. I've never seen something so weird. Time slowed down as if we were playing next to a black hole.

I'm stuck in a time warp in Warzone. I've never seen something so weird. Time slowed down as if we were playing next to a black hole.

Dude that was fucked up, took a full 2 minutes to spawn in and the time clock was going super slow. Worse shit than MCC. 

You should've seen the MCC's launch, and subsequent 8 months in the public hands.

I was there launch night, this was definitely weirder than anything I've ever seen. 

We did...

It was partial "sarcasm". I know you did, which is why I find claims that this slow-down glitch is anything like the MCC, let alone "worse". I mean, I still wanna see this in action sometime, because it sounds hilarious, but on MCC levels? C'mon. Unless, however, I misinterpreted what one meant by that. If I did, please do elaborate.