CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

i'm just sitting in the lobby staring at my ranks, not wanting to play a game because I don't feel like going super try hard... WE NEED SOCIAL PLAYLISTS.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Guys it does i think....

I have ranked up from finishing top 4, guessing it does not count as a win in service record but still ups csr?

The issue is that it doesn't in your service record. On your Waypoint service record, anything other than 1st is considered a loss, making your overall win/loss a useless statistic if you play lots of FFA.

Does anybody else get as frustrated at the pistol as I do? It's a skilled weapon to use but damn you get shit on when you use it against another gun.  You get pooped on close range by the SMG/AR/Storm Rifle.  Mid and long range the BR/Carbine/LR wins 9/10 times because of the massive aim assist/magnestism.  Every time I spawn I feel as if I have to run to the nearest rifle and drop my pistol so I don't get shit on. Maps like Fathom and Truth everyone just runs to the nearest rifle so I have to wait for it spawn again before leaving my base.

My solution get rid of all rifles on the map and make everyone use the pistol or just get rid of the pistol altogether and make it a BR start for 4v4 and FFA because the pistol is a mediocre utility weapon. Sick and tired of this game already and it's only a month in......

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys it does i think....

I have ranked up from finishing top 4, guessing it does not count as a win in service record but still ups csr?

It doesn't affect the ranking system but the statistics.

I know it seems like a minor issue and it is really. But like i said there are lots of those little things wrong and it's annoying...

Can someone explain to me how it works that when I win a game as an Onyx player, I rank down?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The issue is that it doesn't in your service record. On your Waypoint service record, anything other than 1st is considered a loss, making your overall win/loss a useless statistic if you play lots of FFA.

Gotcha. Not an issue at all for me but I can see how frustrating that could be, an easy fix? 

Can someone explain to me how it works that when I win a game as an Onyx player, I rank down?

Should have won faster :P 

• Upvote (+1) 1

yah instead of keeping your score where it is after playing lower ranks, we get to derank for wins now. It's this super awesome new system to ensure that everyone has something to hate.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Probably because you're bad. Have you tried getting good?

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3u7y31/deadlock_makes_1_player_from_red_team_spawn/

lmao. Whichever community member forged this BTB map missed putting in one initial spawn for red team so the game emergency spawns him on the other side of the map at the start.

BTB was totally not a last minute addition tho guys #sustain

Nokyard. But he didn't do the spawns, that was all 343.

But hold on lemme check their math

16 players x 1 starting point per player = 15 starting points..

Everything checks out here guys.

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3u7y31/deadlock_makes_1_player_from_red_team_spawn/

lmao. Whichever community member forged this BTB map missed putting in one initial spawn for red team so the game emergency spawns him on the other side of the map at the start.

BTB was totally not a last minute addition tho guys #sustain

I'm very curious as to how something like this makes it past testing.

Like, all it would take is one guy saying, "Yo, I spawned at the wrong base." Even then, spawn points should be double-checked anyways.

Odd.

Party Restrictions.

Less Auto-Magnetism Sniper.

Social Playlist.

Why. You. Always. Do. Things. Wrong. 343.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Party Restrictions.

Less Auto-Magnetism Sniper.

Social Playlist.

Why. You. Always. Do. Things. Wrong. 343.

Watch. They'l add social playlists that have the same restrictions as ranked just without visible ranks and keep no party restrictions in ranked.

I'm the only one having lot of issues for the past few days connecting to the game?

I get a message that I'm no longer part of a fireteam (even if playing solo) so it disconnect me from the Arena lobby and even sometimes from a game. And I have a lot of troubles joining friends.

I'm a preview member so I don't know if it's related or not.

I miss when I could play a Halo game for 6-8 hours a day, but now I can't even get myself to play 2 hours every other day.

I just don't have it in me to grind for 176 silver packs, THEN for 162 gold packs. Just finished getting all my common REQs. Ugh, I wish my favorite armors were tied to achievements or something, not this randomized grind system. I'm mainly an Arena player and you get fuck all for playing that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss when I could play a Halo game for 6-8 hours a day, but now I can't even get myself to play 2 hours every other day.

I dunno maybe my criteria for a good  halo lessened, but competitively I'm having as much fun with this game as I did with H2/Reach ZBNS. Some stuff annoys me (really just Empire with its weapon sets) but I still have a lot of fun running with friends like I did in the past. 

Each to their own I guess

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish the voting for Weekend Social was actually in-game as well as Waypoint, not just some message prompt that leads you to Waypoint on the IE Xbone app

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't have it in me to grind for 176 silver packs, THEN for 162 gold packs. Just finished getting all my common REQs. Ugh, I wish my favorite armors were tied to achievements or something, not this randomized grind system. I'm mainly an Arena player and you get fuck all for playing that.

I hope you won't buy REQ packs. No one should ever do that.

If you feel the urge to do so regardless feel free to contact me and I will gladly fly to whichever country you live in and will slap you until you snap out of it.

Alternatively I'll shout at you via skype. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's so dumb that we all want this game to succeed and we have to constantly smash our heads into the wall for months on end while 343 "decides" what to do when we already know what will work. Like.. my god I can stand this company's incompetence. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wish the voting for Weekend Social was actually in-game as well as Waypoint, not just some message prompt that leads you to Waypoint on the IE Xbone app

In-game Voting and other features such as perhaps a media player to watch live streams. Imagine if an HCS/HWC Event or a 343 Live Stream (like last weeks) were able to be watched directly from the game client.

A lot could be done in game. Whenever I see the Xbox One start to snap something I just close it before it loads.

• Upvote (+1) 2