CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

i just say to myself

"well another noob that can only kill me because of a nooby lunge melee"

i guess thats all you can do, 343i needs to realize lunge doesnt belong into Halo

something that occasionally works though is side-jumping and side-thrusting, their lunge will then only connect if they aim upwards which not everyone does

Saying stuff to yourself that can help with the pain wont solve the problem. You wont become good by blaming others.

But I agree that super lunges are annoying.

Anyway, thanks for the jump + thrust tip. I will try that.

Its simple 343. The biggest problem in the game can be fixed so easily.....

-Make some social playlists and have the fastest search times you want by matching whoever vs whoever

-Change the arena ranking playlists to party restrictions where solos and 2s match each other, 3s and a +1 on both teams match each other and finally 4s match each other

This literally fixes MULTIPLE problems.

So simple.

But thats what bungie did and theres no way theyl ever concede that any of bungie's ideas are better than thiers.

Even if it will make the game better for literally everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 5

-snip-

My main point is that Halo's player base(and the amount of people interested in the game) is NOWHERE near the amount of Dota 2/LoL, no matter how big the prize is. And this isn't even considering the fact that Halo will never be F2P, why ? Microsoft. 

I miss when we used to have a legit top 10 Halo kills of the week.   There are so peeps on youtube trying to do it right now but they look poorly produced. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss when we used to have a legit top 10 Halo kills of the week.   There are so peeps on youtube trying to do it right now but they look poorly produced. 

We will have our Top 5 out soon. :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really think 2nd and 3rd should get a win on there record in FFA it worked like that in halo 3 and reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Whay do the guys on reddit hate the removal of JIP? It doesnt make any sense, it had to be done?

I saw one post on reddit with no source.

Apparently it's US only if it's true.

lol

:wutface:  

There are Gold Sale packs in the database but thats about all we know.

Interesting.

That's pissweak if it's true.

"Pissweak". Lol.

Literally every time I turn on my xbox it has mandatory fucking update. Then by the time its done, so is my free time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whay do the guys on reddit hate the removal of JIP? It doesnt make any sense, it had to be done?

If you don't care about your rank, win/loss, etc, than you're probably playing Big Team because you like...big teams. You're there for the experience. Some would rather a few randoms get replaced than go down three players and get roflstomped for the rest of the match. They don't care if they get dropped into a game that's half-over.

I really think 2nd and 3rd should get a win on there record in FFA it worked like that in halo 3 and reach.

This and 100 other details like that piss me off so much about 343. Like we have to tell them so many things that shouldn't even be talked about.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I went a bit tighter

e27e5844e9.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3u4s3v/i_hate_each_and_every_person_that_complained_to/cxck7xh

My points are pretty valid though, right? Halo 3 and Reach never had any major quitting problems

• Upvote (+1) 2

This and 100 other details like that piss me off so much about 343. Like we have to tell them so many things that shouldn't even be talked about.

I thought as more and more online multiplayer games were released, devs would get better at rapidly iterating on their settings, game rules, weapon balancing, etc. Forge was initially conceived as a way for Bungie to edit maps without having to patch the game. Bungie (all the back in 2007) was thinking "Hey, we'd like to be able to react to how the community is playing the game and make changes with minimal fuss, let's build a tool for that."

Here I'm thinking we'd have seen some progression of that concept, but instead, devs are more hesitant than ever to tweak their games and react to feedback, and making iterative changes seems more clumsy than ever. Combine that with this growing tendency to rush out unfinished, bare-bones games, and we end up where we are today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

aren't all Xbox ones dev kits essentially? I remember that being said a while ago or something.

lol, no.  the dev console is a... menu I guess of sorts that allows you to do tweaking in pc games, accessed by pressing tilade.  

stuff like changing the fps, changing the resolution, or setting your mouse sensitively to 2.1289 if you so please. 

My points are pretty valid though, right?

Guy's dumb, I wouldn't worry.

JIP is unfair to both the joiners and the other team.

I thought as more and more online multiplayer games were released, devs would get better at rapidly iterating on their settings, game rules, weapon balancing, etc. Forge was initially conceived as a way for Bungie to edit maps without having to patch the game. Bungie (all the back in 2007) was thinking "Hey, we'd like to be able to react to how the community is playing the game and make changes with minimal fuss, let's build a tool for that."

Here I'm thinking we'd have seen some progression of that concept, but instead, devs are more hesitant than ever to tweak their games and react to feedback, and making iterative changes seems more clumsy than ever. Combine that with this growing tendency to rush out unfinished, bare-bones games, and we end up where we are today.

Foundry forge pieces and color scheme still looks more aesthetically pleasing than anything 343 has released thus far. (forge pieces creating shadows is not such a great achievement IMO)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Foundry forge pieces and color scheme still looks more aesthetically pleasing than anything 343 has released thus far. (forge pieces creating shadows is not such a great achievement IMO)

Yeah I've always preferred H3's forge pallets to the others in the series aesthetically speaking. Clean and crisp, and with great contrast to the Spartan color schemes, especially on Sandbox.

Though I do think the H5 pieces look better than the Reach pallet.

If there's one thing that pisses me off more than 343i's decisions it's the shills that still defend them.