CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think I figured out why I'm doing so poorly at Halo 5. 

It is literally because I'm not playing enough like a bitch/coward. 

When I run away from combat and act like an opportunist, I do much better. 

I've believe that has been the case since 2007.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I figured out why I'm doing so poorly at Halo 5. 

It is literally because I'm not playing enough like a bitch/coward. 

When I run away from combat and act like an opportunist, I do much better. 

That's why I can't play CoD. I'm too passive. I always want to take corners carefully and try to get a hold on the spawns of the map, all while my friends are sprinting past me with their guns down getting multi kills while they're K/D sits at 1.0. But if I play like I don't give a fuck, I rack up those points fast for my unlocks.

Guys what do you think of initial spawns in Plaza. I think is heavily blue side favored. Also pegasus blue spawn is overpowered imo. Wold like to see stats on win percentage of initial spawns

Guys what do you think of initial spawns in Plaza. I think is heavily blue side favored. Also pegasus blue spawn is overpowered imo. Wold like to see stats on win percentage of initial spawns

I don't think it's blue favored. Most players are starting to bait OS and either make the player burn it, or clear the enemies. Both sides have an even chance to grab OS (one player I played against actually had an impressive jump to OS way earlier than expected). Personally if I'm on red I go bottom mid and try to shoot anyone down with my team at Tram Sneak, Light and Snipe. It's an easy bait considering the fire power you have. Blue team should understand Reds position and if they want an OS to be on for them, they'll need to cut the numbers down before they can go for it.

Pegasus Red imo is powerful. Blue gets OS, but Red can get Light and Rockets easy. Snipe is contestable

The Rig spawns on the other hand...

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's why I can't play CoD. I'm too passive. I always want to take corners carefully and try to get a hold on the spawns of the map, all while my friends are sprinting past me with their guns down getting multi kills while they're K/D sits at 1.0. But if I play like I don't give a fuck, I rack up those points fast for my unlocks.

Sounds like you're playing the equivalent of Social slayer in h3. Players are bad in those playlists and the components important in higher leveled CoD don't translate to standard CoD pubs.

Spawns are pretty important in CoD

The more Loadout options I unlock, the laggier the menu gets.

And what is it with 343 and left-to-right card menus?

Here's your ideal loadout menu:

Gun -> Scope -> Modifier

I don't think it's blue favored. Most players are starting to bait OS and either make the player burn it, or clear the enemies. Both sides have an even chance to grab OS (one player I played against actually had an impressive jump to OS way earlier than expected). Personally if I'm on red I go bottom mid and try to shoot anyone down with my team at Tram Sneak, Light and Snipe. It's an easy bait considering the fire power you have. Blue team should understand Reds position and if they want an OS to be on for them, they'll need to cut the numbers down before they can go for it.

Pegasus Red imo is powerful. Blue gets OS, but Red can get Light and Rockets easy. Snipe is contestable

The Rig spawns on the other hand...

Mmm you are right, but blue side has all the options. Meanwhile red only choice is bait os and be late to sniper

This is true. Blue can have one go to Blue/Cafe Ramp and go straight to snipe. I think what Red should do in case that does happen and have an LoS on OS, is go to the area around Snipe bench. Watch snipe and if someone goes to back snipe, he can thrust to benches and crouch while shooting at the guy, making it a bit difficult to take him out.

I guess it's more of an offense/defense sort of thing? Not too sure.I think red has to be the more reactionary team and react to what Blue does, while Blue does a more offense oriented push. Idk. I would also assume both teams get antsy that OS is there and there's 7 players who might want to run for it at any given time.

Looked at peak hours last night. H5 in 6 th place behind nba.

All aboard the fallout train.

BTB is so much fun when you're winning and when I lose its because some fucker is camping in the base with shotgun/sniper in an objective gametype. I want to pull my hair out over these people

The more Loadout options I unlock, the laggier the menu gets.

And what is it with 343 and left-to-right card menus?

Here's your ideal loadout menu:

Gun -> Scope -> Modifier

I'm noticing a huge lag increase in the Warzone REQ station/spawn screen as well. Trying to select my spawning weapons has become very annoying due to all the lag.

No

If you can sprint constantly, run past everyone, not care for spawns, not check corners, etc you are either not playing with good players or you're playing TDM which sounds relatively similar to a social playlist in past Halos (aka pubs in CoD)

The handgun in the new Halo 5 is on par with Halo 1. I swear the hand gun is the new battle rifle in these games people just use it from all over the map and it stops people in a heart beat. It's gotten to the point of annoying. I don't know if they did this as a way to salute halo 1 but it needs to be leveled down.

One of my favorite comments on my Reddit post about the Halo CE pistol. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you can sprint constantly, run past everyone, not care for spawns, not check corners, etc you are either not playing with good players or you're playing TDM which sounds relatively similar to a social playlist in past Halos (aka pubs in CoD)

99% of CoD matches are casual. I'm not hating on the series, I get that i can be competitive with the right settings, but competitive play is the absolute EXCEPTION in CoD

Looked at peak hours last night. H5 in 6 th place behind nba.

All aboard the fallout train.

Plus most of the games ahead of it just came out (or came out more recently than halo). Unless Halo drops out of the top ten or something I don't see why its placement matters at all right now until mid January or so. Its placement after the Holiday/release season will be telling if H5 will "sustain" a healthy population, imo. 

99% of CoD matches are casual. I'm not hating on the series, I get that i can be competitive with the right settings, but competitive play is the absolute EXCEPTION in CoD

If it's an exception in CoD, it's a rather large one

CoD tournaments hit around 50-80k viewers (I believe the Totinos Invitational that happened recently w/ not much promotion had 80k without Optic), competitor numbers generally hit pretty high (much higher than what Halo has had in a long time) and the Arena playlist is doing pretty well as well. Not to mention competitive CoD players are much more active playing the game when it comes to numbers compared to Halo

I think Comp CoD is really whatever, but its competitive scene is in a much better position than Halo is.

A lot of people here complain about casual players perspective on Halo MP wise and get very upset when its a generally agreed upon concept when it comes to casuals. H1 pistol being an example of it being "OP" to causal players. But whenever CoD is mentioned here, generally all I here is a complaint about TDM CoD which isn't used competitively anyways. Like literally people here have argued that Blops 2 is bad because its all camping which if you play Objective modes or League Play, is completely incorrect. You are forced to move and if you camp or stay in a position for too long, you are really screwing your team up. Camping works in TDM but not in any Objective mode used competitively.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, this game has a serious need for an injection of gamemodes, social playlists, and Forge + Fileshare. Hoping it's the first week of Dec and NOT the middle/end of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man, this game has a serious need for an injection of gamemodes, social playlists, and Forge + Fileshare. Hoping it's the first week of Dec and NOT the middle/end of it.

I'll bet any dollar it'll be towards the very end of December.  The CC's seem to think so as well.

Hoping it's the first week of Dec and NOT the middle/end of it.

Who's gonna tell him?