CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I've been playing a lot of avp 2000, and the way the aliens move made me think of inverted combat for halo, like in zero g environments you can magnetize to any flat surface, and play on it as if you were on the ground, be it a wall, a ceiling or random geometry.

I have no idea how it would play out but I think it could be interesting nonetheless.

I've been playing a lot of avp 2000, and the way the aliens move made me think of inverted combat for halo, like in zero g environments you can magnetize to any flat surface, and play on it as if you were on the ground, be it a wall, a ceiling or random geometry.

I have no idea how it would play out but I think it could be interesting nonetheless.

It's already been somewhat experimented with in H5 ( blue team opening intro for example).

Don't see why they shouldn't include something like this. Would be cool in a space mission or climbing up a Kraken.

It's already been somewhat experimented with in H5 ( blue team opening intro for example).

Don't see why they shouldn't include something like this. Would be cool in a space mission or climbing up a Kraken.

Or maybe climbing on the side of a Guardian. >_> Yunno. <_<

for campaign it would prove to be an interesting moment, but I also meant multiplayer, i think it could be interesting, but I don't know how it would be in terms of whether it's beneficial or detrimental.

Or maybe climbing on the side of a Guardian. >_> Yunno. <_<

You have a lot of nerve responding to me after what you pulled

You have a lot of nerve responding to me after what you pulled

Does Chris Hansen know about yalls relationship yet

better get a dev console with 4 decimal places of accuracy.

aren't all Xbox ones dev kits essentially? I remember that being said a while ago or something.

Go in and copy and paste Halo 1's aiming. I know it's more complicated than that, but that's the smoothest and most responsive aiming has ever felt.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm garbage with quick cadence precision weapons. The pistol being a quick 5-shot tests my ability to pull the trigger and aim at the same time enough as is.

Oh come on man! I'm sure you've been playing FPS's as long as I have, pulling the trigger is second nature, and the carbine is the most forgiving at missing shots. You can throw pacing shots out the window and spam the trigger while shooting in the enemy's general direction and let bullet mag do the rest. 

I really hope that when KoTH gets added that they do what Hardpoint does in BO3. The clock doesn't run down as long as someone is in the Hardpoint. It allows for some massive comebacks like the one I got here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/My%20namez%20BEAST/video/12872290

My team was down 150-249 (game goes up to 250 btw) with only 30 seconds left and we came back and won it. It was so intense and nothing like that will happen in KoTH if they leave it as a 15 minute game only. This is really important and can really help that game mode become more competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Number of quitters in BTB is beyond ridicoulus.

Too bad so many people got their panties in a twist because of JIP.

JIP was in BTB because the chance of 16 players staying in a game for the full duration is very unlikely. Perhaps if people actually thought logically about this shit instead of "OMG JIP IN RANKED SO NOOB OMG" we would be better off.

So many people here think they know everything about game design, but really have no idea what they're talking about and how certain game design choices can affect other areas.

Guess what guys? We don't live in a perfect world where no one quits games and once a player leaves the game there's a good chance their team will follow.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I figured out why I'm doing so poorly at Halo 5. 

It is literally because I'm not playing enough like a bitch/coward. 

When I run away from combat and act like an opportunist, I do much better. 

Hahahaha I came to the same conclusion. Instead of going ham and playing like it's Black Ops 3, I now grab a storm rifle or some other OP weapon, sit back, relax and just slap anyone that comes nearby. If I have the sniper, just sit back and let the magnetism do the trick. I don't like playing like this, but I like winning games more than I like playing aggressive. It's pretty shit but until the automatics are nerfed or preferably the pistol buffed, sitting in rooms and getting easy kills is the winning tactic.

I think that's why I've really been enjoying BTB, the maps are so open and big that my BR/DMR can shine.

That was godlike, good stuff lol.

And yeah I really hope they do this for oddball and KoTH. Was a really good addition for blops 3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh come on man! I'm sure you've been playing FPS's as long as I have, pulling the trigger is second nature, and the carbine is the most forgiving at missing shots. You can throw pacing shots out the window and spam the trigger while shooting in the enemy's general direction and let bullet mag do the rest. 

I've got Sensory Processing Disorder... Bit of an impairment to my fine motor skills. :/

Hahahaha I came to the same conclusion. Instead of going ham and playing like it's Black Ops 3, I now grab a storm rifle or some other OP weapon, sit back, relax and just slap anyone that comes nearby. If I have the sniper, just sit back and let the magnetism do the trick. I don't like playing like this, but I like winning games more than I like playing aggressive. It's pretty shit but until the automatics are nerfed or preferably the pistol buffed, sitting in rooms and getting easy kills is the winning tactic.

I think that's why I've really been enjoying BTB, the maps are so open and big that my BR/DMR can shine.

In 4s I don't get this experience a lot. Maybe in FFAs but I don't play FFA So yea lol.

I have went against Fatal Fours, Neighbor, Sargoth and a lot of other people who actually compete and in my experience, none of them use these tactics that hurt aggression. I see a lot of Pistols by them and definitely not a heavy use of Autos. Autos are mad useful in this game, I don't disagree there but the exaggeration of grabbing SRs/Autos and sitting in a room is a smart strategy when the maps play LoS/positioning heavy is a bit crazy to say.

Sniper is ridiculous I don't disagree there.

Look at players like Ninja, his use of Thrust is ridiculously aggressive. Like half the time I'm surprised he thrusts forward, it catches players off guard so many times. His Pistol is solid and in general he still plays, really, really aggressive.

Ok, so I tried to catch up on this thread and just read a bunch of solutions for thruster and unless I'm mistaken not a single person actually mentioned the single best fix possible:

HEALTH.

People escaping duals isn't a huge issue. The issue is that they're not punished for it.

In fact, in UT and Quake a lot of the time in 1v1 the players don't just straight up kill each other, they slowly whittle down their opponents health and starve them of resources (armour and health pick ups) until they land the killing shot.

Even if a player manages to escape with 75% health and regen their shields that still puts them at a disadvantage the next time they get into a fight. Over time these small disadvantage will slowly translate into more kills for the better player over the course of the game.

This is one of the biggest issues every single Halo game has had apart from Halo 1 and Reach.

1v1 will always play like shit if players can just shake off their mistakes and come back 5 seconds later as if nothing ever happened. If the game can't even do 1v1 right how the hell is it supposed to do 2v2 or 4v4 right?

We already know sprint isn't going anywhere. We can safely assume that thrusters will be used in HCS and I doubt large tournaments are going to want to deviate very far from the official 343 tournament rules. Having every tournament using completely different rules would leave us in an even worse situation than the cluster fuck that was the H3 MLG settings.

What we could possibly fight for is health packs. Having regenerating shields AND regenerating health just doesn't make any sense.

Bungie got it right back in 2001.

Bring back health packs and it will nerf sprint, thrust AND the chaotic map designs all in one go. It will also make 1v1 viable as a competitive game mode for the first time since Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 4