CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I really see them talking about and announcing the Master Chief collection with all the campaigns remastered, to them getting into depth about the Halo TV show with Steven Spielberg, then Halo 2 Anniversary as there main event I guess you could say then them closing it out with a Halo 5 Trailer.  I really hope they do all of this since Halo has been in the shadows for quite sometime, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Don't expect anything about the TV series at the Xbox conference. It's going to be all about the games. Hence "Xbox: Game On" being the name of it. 

Don't expect anything about the TV series at the Xbox conference. It's going to be all about the games. Hence "Xbox: Game On" being the name of it. 

Haha. Was it E3 last year that we got the "TV TV TV TV TV TV" montage clip?

Haha. Was it E3 last year that we got the "TV TV TV TV TV TV" montage clip?

I believe that was the Xbox One Reveal event. You can thank how horribly that went for how much better this E3 will be. People care about the games on a gaming console, not your TV features.

Here it is!

• Upvote (+1) 6

TV is comin to E3 you best beli343  :kappa:

I believe that was the Xbox One Reveal event. You can thank how horribly that went for how much better this E3 will be. People care about the games on a gaming console, not your TV features.

Here it is!

Wow, pretty hilarious to say the least. Best kill it this year with some BTB 1-Flag Zanzibar footage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a bit silly considering that the players in Destiny are called Guardians. But I believe it's referring to those bigass Forerunner transformers from the concept trailer. Could those be the elusive Guardians that killed many players wandering the outskirts of Sandtrap and Snowbound? 

Or the ones driving the Terminal train :P

Or the ones driving the Terminal train :P

Or any map where you glitched/broke the game.

Halo 5 isn't coming out until fall of next year so I wouldn't expect them to show any gameplay at this years E3. Next year I expect something similar to Halo 4's gameplay demo.

I kinda hope they dont show gameplay. I want them to be real perfectionists and take their time

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not Naomi.

No shit, I posted that last week.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Has anybody noticed how the reticule on the "BR" looks on the cover image? For me, it looks a lot like a COD reticule.

Has anybody noticed how the reticule on the "BR" looks on the cover image? For me, it looks a lot like a COD reticule.

ummm..... what?

Yes, we discussed it a while back in this thread. Probably going to be like ODST

PopularConfusedInganue.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe it will. I just want both competitive and casual settings and options. All the hires plus the record amount of feedback from the community. I'd say expect big, and competitive.

I honestly predict 343 to go over the top and try to make the game as 'competitive' and as bleak as possible and completely forget about all the gametypes and other stuff that made halo fun in the first place. Think of the most stripped down Halo MLG, except worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I honestly predict 343 to go over the top and try to make the game as 'competitive' and as bleak as possible and completely forget about all the gametypes and other stuff that made halo fun in the first place. Think of the most stripped down Halo MLG, except worse.

The stripped down halo is the best halo. The gimmicks and fireworks added ruined it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The stripped down halo is the best halo. The gimmicks and fireworks added ruined it.

Are you actually serious? Hasn't BR, Rockets and Sniper gotten boring for you?

Halo CE's sandbox was huge and balanced and had variety and was fun. And are you also saying gametypes like race,VIP, invasion etc ruined Halo? 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo CE's sandbox was huge and balanced and had variety and was fun. And are you also saying gametypes like race,VIP, invasion etc ruined Halo? 

Right. Worst thing about H2 was that weapon balancing. Added tons of new weapons that weren't really useful, except for Energy Sword & Beam Rifle.

Edit: Wouldn't say CE's sandbox was huge :D

Ha, yes I'm very serious. And CE's sandbox was not huge, have you actually played any competitive CE? And I don't care about screw around gametypes like race, VIP, etc... I said the gimmicks and fireworks ruin halo, aka the addition of things like sprint, bloom, loadouts, meaningless weapons, etc... Weapons used in CE: Pistol, AR, Sniper, Plasma Rifle, Shotgun, Rockets. Maybe the plasma pistol but rarely. Halo 2 weapons used: BR, Sniper, Beam Rifle, Shotgun, Plasma Pistol, Rockets, ans Sword. The weapon sandbox isn't anywhere near as important as a quality utility weapon.

And no, BR Sniper Rockets doesn't get boring for me if I'm playing with a group of competent players that help produce good close games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Getting a bit heated in here, think I'll come back later....shitting myself!

A stripped down sandbox is less than Ideal. But an expanded sandbox needs to be good. There is no arguing competitive setting were better off removing, equipment, AA's, Needlers, Hammers etc. Honestly the best thing 343 could do to Halo 5 is overhaul the sandbox. Really think about ways to promote skill sets, diversify combat encounters in a meaningful ways, devise alternative applications of weapons to promote depth etc.

I know where you are coming from. Competitive settings have been quite heavy handed in the past. Talking from experience I think people really missed a trick with the Focus Rifle and Concussion Rifle in Reach. I've played so many competitive focus customs that utilize these weapons brilliantly. The trick is to think of them as second tier pick ups like plasma pistols, ARs etc and use them on close to mid range focused maps.

Wow, that is actually a scarily possible thought.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have to agree with Albatross on this one. That's why I favor all options in the game, but at it's core, it needs to be a competitive game

Wow, that is actually a scarily possible thought.

Yeah, but I don't believe 343i are that stupid, they have... pros. I mean cumon... hah...hahhh 0_0   343i are loose cannon. 

Its not Naomi.

It would make sense though for it too be a ONI operative like her. I'm banking on possible assassin, I just want to be thrown into an epic that takes me places when I play campaign.