CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys, if any of you want to 1v1 me tomorrow, I'd be glad to host one. Storm Rifle starts, 50m radar, and low shields, so it's like CE in terms of killtimes. Storm Rifle is best utility. :kappa: 1v1 me Plaza, brahs. Open challenge. I'll take you all on.  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never understood why people say 1v1s don't take skill. Besides host advantage which is also in team games I can't think of a single reason why it wouldn't. I remember after beating somebody in Halo 3 back in the day they would just send me a screenshot telling me "good players win 1v1s but great players avoid them" or something like that. I always thought of it as an excuse for not being good enough lol.

I think it's a team shot halo thing, kids who grew up with it think that the ultimate skill is working with your team to get kills.

During Halo 3 & Reach, I made an absurd gametype/map, called it the same as the MLG names. You can imagine their reaction when I'm loading Team Slayer on MLG The Pit v4 and it was Rockets only and the maps were filled with random floating objects and crates with gravity lifts and equipment everywhere.

All I did was take Halo 1v1 as seriously as it ever should be.

Also, I took your idea, as best as I could for now. Storm Rifle/SMG starts, 6 of each grenade type. Put it on for the very beginning of the aforementioned stream. Needless to say, the guy quit immediately, and I got called a joke, but it was so worth it. XP 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really wish the mute option would work since I think a teammate was playing in a daycare center full of hyperactive toddlers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just saying, your attitude wasn't exactly "all in good fun". Seriously.

i said gg at the end lol i like to talk like that just trying to piss people off lol its my xbl personality I'm just messing around tho seems like ur taking this to heart 

They take skill it's just applying the result to 4v4 that is a problem. For big gaps in skill, it can be applied imo, it's simply where two similarly tiered players play it doesn't mean much. Ninja beat Roy in Reach--and like every other pro--is he better? No.

Halo 5's in particular tend to be bad on some of the more closed maps. Radars+automatics.

And that quote was generally an excuse from players who couldn't win 1v1s. Sounds more fitting of an FFA player's mentality.

I agree i always thought if you didn't think 1v1s matter then just play them and who cares the outcome but the people that avoid it just seem scared to me 

I never understood why people say 1v1s don't take skill. Besides host advantage which is also in team games I can't think of a single reason why it wouldn't. I remember after beating somebody in Halo 3 back in the day they would just send me a screenshot telling me "good players win 1v1s but great players avoid them" or something like that. I always thought of it as an excuse for not being good enough lol. 

I think that's a Lunchbox quote, and I'm fairly sure he meant that in the context of a 4v4 match. Like if you're far enough away from your team to be fighting individual battles you're probably overextended anyway.

Not in all cases. :P

You all are taking Halo way too seriously....

THIS

IS

HALOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(remember this is just a game)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5's in particular tend to be bad on some of the more closed maps. Radars+automatics.

And that quote was generally an excuse from players who couldn't win 1v1s. Sounds more fitting of an FFA player's mentality.

I agree, people who said 1v1s didn't mean anything was always used it as an excuse, especially after you already beat them.

I think it's a team shot halo thing, kids who grew up with it think that the ultimate skill is working with your team to get kills.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Personally, I get more satisfaction from out gunning people 1v1 than being a janitor but that might just be me lol.

I think that's a Lunchbox quote, and I'm fairly sure he meant that in the context of a 4v4 match. Like if you're far enough away from your team to be fighting individual battles you're probably overextended anyway.

Ahh, that makes sense. I always thought it was an actual 1v1 on Guardian lol.

i said gg at the end lol i like to talk like that just trying to piss people off lol its my xbl personality I'm just messing around tho seems like ur taking this to heart

I don't think you succeeded in doing that, but rather you made yourself look out of place, and arrogant. I mean, look:  :walshy: 

lol if you think i was trying in this you guys are all really bad at halo lol i was messing around and still won  10-0. she was the one running away every battle like there was 10 grand on the line lol

This right here, just seems cocky. You're literally trashing everyone here, based on one game with me (That I couldn't give a damn about. I mean, seriously, Storm Rifle starts should've laid the tone for that. XP). This attitude is the same type that gets supervillains killed because they're busy swimming in their own arrogance . I'm not mad at that, I'm just saying, you shouldn't go "you all suck" after fighting one person in a game that might as well have been equivalent to a Warzone 1v1. 

But hey, what do I know.  :lxthul: 

You all are taking Halo way too seriously....

I don't, I just don't like the idea that a 1v1 = someone's skill level. In other news, I threw my Xbox out the window, and deleted my digital H5 due to that horrible upset.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not mad at that, I'm just saying, you shouldn't go "you all suck" after fighting one person in a game that might as well have been equivalent to a Warzone 1v1

I'd play the hell out of that...  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 1

it was all in good fun lol

I know lol but I wasn't sure as well because it's so hard to tell over text.

I don't think you succeeded in doing that, but rather you made yourself look out of place, and arrogant. I mean, look:  :walshy: 

This right here, just seems cocky. You're literally trashing everyone here, based on one game with me (That I couldn't give a damn about. I mean, seriously, Storm Rifle starts should've laid the tone for that. XP). This attitude is the same type that gets supervillains killed because they're busy swimming in their own arrogance . I'm not mad at that, I'm just saying, you shouldn't go "you all suck" after fighting one person in a game that might as well have been equivalent to a Warzone 1v1. 

But hey, what do I know.  :lxthul: 

I don't, I just don't like the idea that a 1v1 = someone's skill level. In other news, I threw my Xbox out the window, and deleted my digital H5 due to that horrible upset.  :kappa:

Not gunna lie that did sound cocky and thats not how i intended it lol i just forgot that what I'm thinking in my head i sometimes don't type 100% correctly. But i don't understand why you say i didn't succeed in doing that? lol I said good games tho after and you didn't even reply and now u seem a little sour to me. And i don't think i look out of place nor would i care to be honest. At the end of the day this is just a halo forum lol

What, you think friendly fire is on some some of switch? Where they can turn it off and on at will? It's actually a very intense process that could take a team of 5, weeks to accomplish. Just be glad 343 is giving us this FREE DLC and count your blessings and check your privileges. 

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

• Downvote (-1) 1

i've never hated a vehicle more than i do that gun-goose.

also with thrust and sprint, it seems like you're fighting the same people over and over for the same weapons because they spawn and rush right to where they were

And so begins the years and years of weapon sandbox arguing that will never amount to anything. Years of COD and a year of Destiny, I can tell you one thing, large weapon sandboxes will never be as perfectly balanced as everyone having the same gun like past Halos.

You can balance the guns so they all perform the best at their certain ranges. That would mean your starting weapon is no longer a utility weapon. It will be outperformed at certain ranges by common pick up guns.

You can buff the utility weapon so it's even with other guns, but that gets rid of the point of having a weapon sandbox. And if that's your goal, why do you even want a weapon sandbox? If you want guns to always be even, then having a single gun with no pick up weapons is the only way to achieve that.

You can get rid of the amount of pick up guns on the map, but that gives even more power to the person that gets the pick up weapon from uncontested ground.

You can nerf the AR so it doesn't rape at close range. Again, that gets rid of the point of even having an AR in the game. Can you balance the AR so it's even with the pistol? It will never be even with the pistol as its 10x easier to use.

Nothing will ever be as fair and even at all times with minimal snowball effects as pistol vs. pistol or BR vs BR from past Halos.

BR starts provided this:

1. Even playing field at all times, excluding power up weapons.

2. No one having advantages/disadvantages by having a different gun.

3. Battles determined by who played the best, rather than who had the better gun

4. Spawns that don't provide randomness. People spawn closer to better guns with large weapon sandboxes.

5. NEVER spawning at a disadvantage due to people having better guns, excluding power up weapons

6. MINIMAL snowball effects

7. No one backing down right off the bat and slowing gameplay because they see that someone has a better long range gun.

The list goes on. Again, you can tweak the weapon sandbox all you want, but it will never be as perfect as everyone having the same gun.

Weapon sandboxes are a lot of fun. Just know one thing, 343 designed Halo 5 after 3 years of testing so your starting weapon is a tier 1 weapon. They want other weapons to beat your "utility" weapon. They want this trash 'upgrade your weapon as you go along' gameplay. They want automatics in the game that destroy at close range so casuals can rely on SOMETHING to get kills with.

And I'm only talking on the weapon sandbox problem right now. I could write essays about how thrust is resulting in 100+ get out of jail free cards a game, even at pro level.

Halo 5 is poke out with your weapon and then thrust away once your down shots. Back down right off the bat once you realize your gun is outclassed. Close range battles that are determined by who had their hold down and spray AR out. You barely beat someone with your pistol when they had an AR? Good for you, that battle was a lot closer than it would have been if it was pistol vs pistol. You miss one shot, your beat by someone using an automatic. Halo 5 is get shot in the back simulator because the maps are so complex and sprint is so easy to traverse maps with, you generally have no fucking clue where people are. Halo 5 is on the same level as pre patch Reach and Halo 4 to me. Not a halo game in the slightest.

Hated armor lock in Reach? People use thrust as a get out of jail free card just like armor lock was. At least with armor lock, the person was frozen and you could get the shot off as soon as they come out of it. Now you have to chase someone who thruster away, putting YOU at the disadvantage. Your enemy armor locked and is calling his position out as his teammates sprint towards him for back up? Same old crap with thrust.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I said good games tho after and you didn't even reply and now u seem a little sour to me. 

I'm not sour, I just like sportsmanship. Your constant t-bagging (I mean, seriously? Maturity much?) and last minute "gg" after talking a bunch of smack just generally reaffirmed you don't put it to the forefront. I dislike that which is why I didn't respond when it came. If the first response out of someone's mouth after a game like that, isn't something positive, or a "good game", I don't feel the need to talk. The first words from your's after the game were "ur awful". Would you really expect me to be positive or social in that manner after that? I wouldn't. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I actually contracted a terminal illness from the Standoff remake. The other three maps are fine, Guillotine being particularly good, but Standoff or whatever it's called is just straight up crap.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Placement matches shouldn't count towards your K/D. It's stupid that your stats can be artificially inflated or deflated based on who you happen to match. And can someone tell me why my entire team is unmatched kids going against Diamond/Plat kids? Why is it not evenly distributed at all? It really irritates me when my team goes -40 because they are all on their first placement match and the enemy team is all Diamond.

Played 9 BTB stronghold games in a row. Thanks, 343. Such great gametype rotations you have going on... I even left to play something else and came back to see if it would change, but I still got it. After a handful, I just wanted to see how many times it would happen and nine was all I could take before wanting to jump out a window.

I think I actually contracted a terminal illness from the Standoff remake. The other three maps are fine, Guillotine being particularly good, but Standoff or whatever it's called is just straight up crap.

I never really understood the allure of Standoff. Was it the lore? The pretty missile silos?

If it was actually that good to a majority of Halo fans, I could never personally see it. Strictly IMO.

• Downvote (-1) 1