CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Overall, I think win/loss is necessary for Halo because it is so team oriented. I wouldn't mind if they ranked the winners/losers individually to determine who goes up/down the most, but I'd be 100% opposed to players ranking up on losses or down on wins. I don't care if you're getting the least amount of kills/assists/damage in the entire game if you are on the winning team, you should go up IMO.

This is the first I've heard of performance considerations. You sure about that? I know MMR is taken into account.

It's definitely in consideration for qualification matches for sure. I know because when I was qualifying for SWAT I won 2 out of 10 games and still placed Onyx because I was going +20(+) every game and losing because of trash can teammates. Once your ranked though I'm not sure how much it's influenced.

I still have no idea how to quote. Lolz Anyway, I don't know, I guess I just wish there was a social playlist since I'm not as skilled at the game.

Why? I want to play against players that challenge me..

It's definitely in consideration for qualification matches for sure. I know because when I was qualifying for SWAT I won 2 out of 10 games and still placed Onyx because I was going +20(+) every game and losing because of trash can teammates. Once your ranked though I'm not sure how much it's influenced.

It can go the other way as well. I haven't played since the beta but I ran with a full team, winning 10/10 placement matches -> Got placed in bronze.

Why? I want to play against players that challenge me..

I do too. I just don't want every single match to be ranked.

I meant after placements. If it does take into account performance, then it must be a very small influence.

I meant after placements. If it does take into account performance, then it must be a very small influence.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, I'm not sure how much it's influenced then because there have been games I've carried and lost by a single kill or something and gone down in Onyx/Champ.

P.S. Every time I see your picture I keep rapping "I'm with the OC crew and I'm better than you. You like to suck my balls don't deny it" lmao!

It can go the other way as well. I haven't played since the beta but I ran with a full team, winning 10/10 placement matches -> Got placed in bronze.

Yeah, almost positive that hasn't happened yet lol. You have to sit there and actually TRY in order to get bronze. It's not an easy thing to do in this ranking system. 10/10, worst you could place honestly is Gold probably. And I personally think that's a stretch. Assuming you went negative every game, I would think you would at least get plat.

Overall, I think win/loss is necessary for Halo because it is so team oriented. I wouldn't mind if they ranked the winners/losers individually to determine who goes up/down the most, but I'd be 100% opposed to players ranking up on losses or down on wins. I don't care if you're getting the least amount of kills/assists/damage in the entire game if you are on the winning team, you should go up IMO.

This is the first I've heard of performance considerations. You sure about that? I know MMR is taken into account.

What I took away from the True Skill page was that individual performance does factor in to an extent, however, I could be mistaken. Statistics isn't my strongest suite.

How so? Range is a very important factor when it comes to the game's utility weapon. The range was just fine in Halo 2 (classic). What we were talking about in terms of range had to deal with the RRR. The BR in Halo 2 performed fine across map. The ease of use, as you've mentioned, is the problem.

I just realized I was mainly thinking of weapon spread when I wrote that and thought I was speaking about range itself. .-. Range to me was "eh". It felt short, even compared to CE. But I still feel I'm mixing weapon spread and single shot effectiveness, with range.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, I'm not sure how much it's influenced then because there have been games I've carried and lost by a single kill or something and gone down in Onyx/Champ.

P.S. Every time I see your picture I keep rapping "I'm with the OC crew and I'm better than you. You like to suck my balls don't deny it" lmao!

Yeah, almost positive that hasn't happened yet lol. You have to sit there and actually TRY in order to get bronze. It's not an easy thing to do in this ranking system. 10/10, worst you could place honestly is Gold probably. And I personally think that's a stretch. Assuming you went negative every game, I would think you would at least get plat.

Yes, it happened. I didn't go negative either of course.

What I took away from the True Skill page was that individual performance does factor in to an extent, however, I could be mistaken. Statistics isn't my strongest suite.

Halo 5 doesn't use True Skil........

Oh my down to #8 on a Friday night.

top ten should be the range the game bounces around,this isn't a game want to be so overly popular that it makes 343 think the games direction is gold. The way the game is doing now shows there are kinks but that it's been overall positive.

I don't think so. I've never heard of that and if that was the case, 343 would make it more apparent.

I think so. I think you're giving 343i too much credit.

BTB Vehicle Post:

Has the needler always been so good on Warthog drivers? I've done this quite a few times now consistently when I had the opportunity and the needles just seem to go right through the vehicle model (you can jump to the 18 second mark). H5's warthog just seems really weak in general, not just to the needler. People get shot out of the gunner seat easily from the front and obviously the back, its very light weight and seems to tip easier than past Halos. I've just been noticing in my H5 BTB games, that not too many people are going for Warthogs. Is anyone else feeling this way or have you guys been finding success with them?

Another note about vehicles, take the tank out of Recurve, it makes no sense and can't really travel anywhere on the map (per another thread by the community forger who made the map, this was not his original design)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, it happened. I didn't go negative either of course.

You said the beta correct? I'm talking about the actual game.

They really need to fix the glitch where you can capture the armory in Warzone before capturing the spire. Just played a game on Array where my team was destroying the enemy team at the start. They decide to cheat and capture the armory. My team gets incredibly confused that a territory has been captured, assume the Spire was captured (when it was really the armory), and decide to protect the armory (already captured). Therefore the enemy gets the Spire for free since nobody is defending it.

Now the core is exposed. My team is all at the armory, still defending it because they are confused. The enemy team walks up to the core with zero opposition and wins. Entire enemy team goes negative KD. Every point they captured, there was zero people defending it.

Please fix. Everybody on my team was bitching through game chat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just saw that 343 removed JIP in BTB

Yeah, but now we know their intentions. Halo doesn't need JiP for the classic style playlists. Even if you're getting shit on because someone quit. That's my two cents though. I'm more willing to accept it in Social playlists, but I still don't like the idea. Warzone, fine. BTB and 4v4 matches, not so much.

Yeah, but now we know their intentions. Halo doesn't need JiP for the classic style playlists. Even if you're getting shit on because someone quit. That's my two cents though. I'm more willing to accept it in Social playlists, but I still don't like the idea. Warzone, fine. BTB and 4v4 matches, not so much.

I would say ranked never had social always.

JIP was actually something good for BTB.  It meant that when someone quit as they do every game in that playlist you weren't fucked for the next 10 minutes.  Honestly it's BTB, and should be non-ranked with JIP.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I thought Josh Menke said that only win/loss counts once you've placed. Unless you're talking about placement matches only.

They really need to fix the glitch where you can capture the armory in Warzone before capturing the spire. Just played a game on Array where my team was destroying the enemy team at the start. They decide to cheat and capture the armory. My team gets incredibly confused that a territory has been captured, assume the Spire was captured (when it was really the armory), and decide to protect the armory (already captured). Therefore the enemy gets the Spire for free since nobody is defending it.

Now the core is exposed. My team is all at the armory, still defending it because they are confused. The enemy team walks up to the core with zero opposition and wins. Entire enemy team goes negative KD. Every point they captured, there was zero people defending it.

I hate that glitch because it makes you spawn at your core, guaranteeing them the garage/fortress/spire cap. I don't know why they haven't patched it yet.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This just happened to me on A.R.C. And the WORST part, is that when these asshats do this glitch, you spawn at your BASE, and not the Garage, so you can't even run back to defend it since you're so damn far. You just have to sit there, and watch the clock tick down, to reveal the core to transition to an unfair third "act". It's really stupid, especially when the enemies are obviously on the losing end, as these guys were, and they can just glitch/cheat their way to victory.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate that glitch because it makes you spawn at your core, guaranteeing them the garage/fortress/spire cap. I don't know why they haven't patched it yet.

Damn you so much for ninja'ing me.