CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Definitely feel like H5 BR is the easiest in the series. The only reason it feels harder than h4/h2a IMO is the wonky aiming. I saw several FFA games at Daytona where 2 or 3 people had double digit perfect kills (for reference, the highest kill-count I saw all weekend was 42).

Could just be that we didn't have that metric back then, but it definitely seems like people rarely miss with the BR in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea the BR in this game is pretty easy. only way I have people miss is through thruster which does mess up their aim when I use it well

Anyone else seeing issues with matchmaking this week?  I've had pretty good games most of the time, but this week searching solo I've been getting teams of 3 or 4 and sometimes 3 onyx matching my team of diamonds/platinums and my team has been steaked multiple times.  Other times, my team dominates.  I was getting competitive games the first few weeks, but no longer seems to be the case.

The h5 br is obviously not as easy as in h2a lol. H2a you could 4 across the map with ease. Youd step out for .2 seconds and get lit up.

Anyone else seeing issues with matchmaking this week?  I've had pretty good games most of the time, but this week searching solo I've been getting teams of 3 or 4 and sometimes 3 onyx matching my team of diamonds/platinums and my team has been steaked multiple times.  Other times, my team dominates.  I was getting competitive games the first few weeks, but no longer seems to be the case.

I've noticed general lag outs after matching...

Networking has been a rubber band and I've matched with sporadic quitters.

EDIT: Yes not strictly a networking problem but I've experienced a lot of both yesterday. Probably my ISP.

One thing I'm always shouting out when playing halo 5: well where the fuck did he come from.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Not necessarily the ranks, because I constantly play Onyx and Champions as I should be. But the teams of 4 when searching with alone or with another person has been happening nonstop since Day 1.

Sick of feeling like I can't play this game if I don't have friends on. It's unfortunate because I think 343s made it clear that they really don't plan on party restrictions.

The h5 br is obviously not as easy as in h2a lol. H2a you could 4 across the map with ease. Youd step out for .2 seconds and get lit up.

I wouldn't be using range as a point against a game's utility weapon. I mean, seriously, it increased the efficency of the Battle Rifle from its horrible status in H2 and H3. I'd consider the range a good thing, but the increased ease of use itself, bad.

I wouldn't be using range as a point against a game's utility weapon. I mean, seriously, it increased the efficency of the Battle Rifle from its horrible status in H2 and H3. I'd consider the range a good thing, but the increased ease of use itself, bad.

How so? Range is a very important factor when it comes to the game's utility weapon. The range was just fine in Halo 2 (classic). What we were talking about in terms of range had to deal with the RRR. The BR in Halo 2 performed fine across map. The ease of use, as you've mentioned, is the problem.

Halo 3's range was just bad because the BR was in itself, bad lol.

Oh my down to #8 on a Friday night.

It's like 2:30 CST bro lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait until next Friday. Will be off work all Friday and I am going to drink Vodka and play Halo. MCC or 5 I'm not sure. Anyone wanna join?

Can't wait until next Friday. Will be off work all Friday and I am going to drink @@Vodka and play Halo. MCC or 5 I'm not sure. Anyone wanna join.

Watch out bro.

What is the general consensus here of the fact that ranking up is based solely off Win/Loss? I'm an average player and I find it very annoying that I did well, but my team sucked balls and then i get de-ranked. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if this game had a Social Playlist. I noticed it in BtB when going through the placement matches, those fisrt 10 games were crazy fun and then I got ranked and it stopped being fun and started being ONLY about winning.

/rantover

What is the general consensus here of the fact that ranking up is based solely off Win/Loss? I'm an average player and I find it very annoying that I did well, but my team sucked balls and then i get de-ranked. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if this game had a Social Playlist. I noticed it in BtB when going through the placement matches, those fisrt 10 games were crazy fun and then I got ranked and it stopped being fun and started being ONLY about winning.

/rantover

It's not solely win/loss, it's positive or negative based off win/lloss. Other factors, such as performance and the difference in MMR affect how many points you go in either direction.

/rantover

Overall, I think win/loss is necessary for Halo because it is so team oriented. I wouldn't mind if they ranked the winners/losers individually to determine who goes up/down the most, but I'd be 100% opposed to players ranking up on losses or down on wins. I don't care if you're getting the least amount of kills/assists/damage in the entire game if you are on the winning team, you should go up IMO.

It's not solely win/loss, it's positive or negative based off win/lloss. Other factors, such as performance and the difference in MMR affect how many points you go in either direction.

This is the first I've heard of performance considerations. You sure about that? I know MMR is taken into account.

I still have no idea how to quote. Lolz Anyway, I don't know, I guess I just wish there was a social playlist since I'm not as skilled at the game.

I don't think so. I've never heard of that and if that was the case, 343 would make it more apparent.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1