CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hated sniping in H3. I'm pretty sure it's aim acceleration in both games, however the acceleration curves are probably quite different to each other.

I'm not saying H3 had good aiming. Just that I'd rather play H3 snipers over H5 snipers any day of the week.

H3 and H5 are examples how NOT to do aiming in Halo, I'm sure most of us agree.

Oh dear. You're in for a rude awakening. The Halo 5 sniper is, by far, the easiest one in the series.

I don't get this opinion at all. I don't feel that the h5 sniper is any easier than h2, reach, or h2a. That and the sprint+thrust make it a bit more difficult.

Just hit 200 Follows on Twitch streaming H5. It may be small still but I am so freaking happy!

Congrats man! You earned it! :)

Still a reach kid tho

That's what I'm trying to figure out. In 4v4 if a teammate quits or gets dropped, they said it drastically cuts down on the penalty for losing. I'd assume they kept this thought process in mind when deciding on putting JIP into BTB since it is ranked. But I'd like some clarification on this. If there's no penalty for a loss after JIP'ing, then I honestly don't have any big issue with it. If it causes you to lose CSR or anything negative, they need to reserve JIP for social only.

Yeah, but with no penalty at all, someone could JiP and just go AFK if it's a losing battle. So if the To3 was coming back and get a random 4th who AFKs and just dies, then that'll hurt the people who still had a team member quit.

JiP should stay out of Ranked anything. Maybe this is just testing the waters to see if their JiP system works, and they think putting it in BTB only isn't a big deal because it is supposed to be social or something like that. I doubt it though because they could just test it on Warzone, but either way, it needs to be clarified.

This is absolutely hilarious...

It's hard to figure out what my favorite part is. Probably a toss up between the drunk spartan on the mongoose, gumby arms pistol action and the transformer warthog.

Btw how the hell is this happening lol?

• Upvote (+1) 1

"The aiming isn't like Halo 3."

It's exactly like Halo 3. Spongy and gross.

It's almost nothing like Halo 3 man come on, definitely a lot worse

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think my problems with the maps is that when they designed them, they were trying to figure out how they work off of Spartan abilities. When it should be the other way around. Make great maps and create abilities that make those maps even better.

Can we also talk about the fact that the melee hitboxes seem to be freaking HUGE

I tried thrusting away from melees several times in the course of two games played and they still nailed me.

My favourite is the inescapable spartan charge. You can thrust behind a wall and they'll still lunge sideways around a wall and get you.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I started to claw recently to gain more control with thrusters. Normally I play on Bumper Jumper but I don't like it as much when I claw. I'm now testing a variation of Bumper Jumper with X and LB remapped to each other so that LB is thrust and X is jump. It's strange, but I actually think it's pretty good so far.

I don't understand why this game shipped without a social mode. I really don't. I'm still good enough to get into onyx slayer and platinum team arena because I've got so much time logged on Halo over the years but I'm not good anymore - and I don't even want to be, I just want to jump online in my free time after work and play sporadically with my real life friends for fun. My real life friends don't game a lot so they're terrible, however when they search with me we have literally matched Chig and some party he is in and at best we just play a lot of good, solid teams and get decimated. It's just baffling how it works.

It might be hard for some people to understand but I don't want to get better, I don't grind in my room with a scuf controller and one of those gaming chairs calling out trying to improve - I usually have a 2 year old trying to touch the screen and take my controller. I just want to hop into lobbies like I could on MCC and Reach. 

I don't know anyone who still plays Halo and hasn't traded it in that isn't in this Halo MLG era bubble. 

I've tried playing on new accounts and it does work for a while but why should I have to? It seems like if I play on a new account I always end up in Diamond anyway and then get put in the infinite loop of playing people who are far, far better than me and my online experience consists of quitting, being carried or being raped. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just hit 200 Follows on Twitch streaming H5. It may be small still but I am so freaking happy!

Sorry Batch I'm on rep recharge. To make it up to you, I'll make sure to tune in to your stream and troll in your chat as often as I can. opieop.png

congrats man

Playing BTB with Friends and boom. explosion. I'm outside the map. okay.... umm...

Kk5PWp.gif

You've been voted off the island.  so sorry

• Upvote (+1) 3

Playing BTB with Friends and boom. explosion. I'm outside the map. okay.... umm...

FUS RO DAH!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand why this game shipped without a social mode. I really don't. I'm still good enough to get into onyx slayer and platinum team arena because I've got so much time logged on Halo over the years but I'm not good anymore - and I don't even want to be, I just want to jump online in my free time after work and play sporadically with my real life friends for fun. My real life friends don't game a lot so they're terrible, however when they search with me we have literally matched Chig and some party he is in and at best we just play a lot of good, solid teams and get decimated. It's just baffling how it works.

It might be hard for some people to understand but I don't want to get better, I don't grind in my room with a scuf controller and one of those gaming chairs calling out trying to improve - I usually have a 2 year old trying to touch the screen and take my controller. I just want to hop into lobbies like I could on MCC and Reach.

I don't know anyone who still plays Halo and hasn't traded it in that isn't in this Halo MLG era bubble.

I've tried playing on new accounts and it does work for a while but why should I have to? It seems like if I play on a new account I always end up in Diamond anyway and then get put in the infinite loop of playing people who are far, far better than me and my online experience consists of quitting, being carried or being raped.

Apperently they're working on it. Why they had to be told this and didn't just know is beyond me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You've been voted off the island.  so sorry

Three versions of Forge and we still haven't fixed the lightspeed glitch.

Lovely.

Agree on H5 Sniper being super easymode. I've gotten a bunch of headshots I didn't feel I really earned and a handful where I've actually done a double-take and stopped playing for half a second because of how ridiculous it was.

Someone posted a clip on here before of them using the sniper in Warzone, half zoom at long distance and getting headshots when literally aiming at like lower chest/leg height.

I don't think there is a delay Pyroteq, but there are times where the game just won't let you do things as quickly as say h1. Stuff like sprinting after thrust or YY, etc. there's no way I think I could get used to input delay

Apperently they're working on it. Why they had to be told this and didn't just know is beyond me.

You and me both. It's one of the simplest, core principles of a console shooter. I can't think of a single game that only has a competitive matchmaking with a hardcore rigorous matchmaking system (that doesn't even work anyway)