CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Good thing he bought the retail version so he can return it in a week...

Pretty sure he got it used off Ebay.

I only like coliseum, fathom, truth and empire, the rest suck.

Worst map known to man.

I honestly don't get how anybody enjoys playing on the map at the moment with the current weapon placement which is a shame because It has potential.

Worst map known to man.

I honestly don't get how anybody enjoys playing on the map at the moment with the current weapon placement which is a shame because It has potential.

go on sir, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the weapon placement on empire

<nerdrage> Why the fuck did they make BTB ranked? What is wrong with this inept game developer? How do you inherit the gold mine that is Halo from Bungie and flat out ruin the brand within years?

The 343 pro team, what the fuck is that? Who cares about them?

This game is such an unplayable mess that only appeals to sweaty try hards confined to their bedroom in their parents house. </nerdrage>

,..and anyone who will buy a box that says halo on it.

Making an unranked playlist is not as easy as '"flipping a switch" according to Salient, so I wouldn't expect one until after December (given 343i's track record). 

It could be though.  Just hide all the ranks from the UI.  It can't be that hard to go add a bunch of IF statements before all the rank symbols and charts to turn them off and not show anybody any ranks depending on the playlist name.  if(playlistName.Contains("Social")) whateverImage.Visible = false;

Sure it's still 'ranked' but matches will be less competitive in nature and they can even still get some form of even teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like how two different people completely misconstrued me saying that there probably won't be a social playlist poll this week as me bitching about there not being any unranked. Let me put it like this. I give zero fucks about ranked or unranked cause any match I go in with the mindset of winning. I don't care about the ratio of ranked playlists.

Hyyh22P.gif

Another attempt of mine to visualize people's complaints with H5's visual design. Might be a bit fast to read, but fuck it.

Mmmmmmmmmmm THIS IS HOW THEY SHOULD LOOK. God damn

Hopefully there is a giant platform in the forge pallet that can block the sun, just like in Halo Reach. I don't like to play forge maps with my Ray-Bans on.

Having unranked playlists doesn't really change who you'd get paired against when you're in a party of mixed skilled friends; every playlist has a hidden MMR for matching by skill, whether it is Social or Ranked. 

I get that some people can't get around the mental block of seeing a ranking on their name and thus having trouble taking the playlist less seriously (happens to me too sometimes), but functionally there's not really a difference.

Unless they were to ever make a playlist where MMR was disabled and matching is purely random (this is a horrible idea)

I just know I really enjoyed all the other games and how their matchmaking works and I can't stand this one - which has no alternatives.