CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I got stuck with JIP 3 games in a row on recruve ctf.  At least my team was winning all 3 times but it's irritating.

oh and then 4th game was slayer on recruve.  thanks 343

and paper vehicles, seriously, I was in a ghost for 10 seconds before exploding from get brd on all sides.

Edited OP: I meant from 4v4, there are no vehicles in Arena

There's something I noticed these maps. They're small enough that you don't have to sprint everywhere.

It's fucking great!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This.

Seriously BTB can hide a lot of flaws in a Halo game. That's why it was Halo 4's most played - because all the bullshit seemed less in your face. Sprint isn't even too offensive in BTB.

Thrust isn't being used the same way on these maps I'm sure, and clamber is almost completely irrelevant.

No one is complaining about the automatics anymore either, or the radar.

Only thing BTB won't fix is an easy sniper.

It will only intensify that particular problem. 

Really long distance snipes in Halo 5:

98czfsQCZhnS8.gif

XzoRDc9851pkY.gif

I really wish 343 would give us an update to unlock armor, emblems, and skins through commendations. It really sucks when you have to rely on RNG luck to get the emblem or armor that you've been using in Halo for the past 10 years. At least give us the option to work towards them or something.

Can you not unlock any armor from campaign completion? Bleh.

A ranked playlist with Join In Progress, even by 343 standards this is pretty lame. Did they not figure that most people who quit are on a team that is getting destroyed, and that maybe people wouldn't want every other game to be them joining into a team with 5/8 people that is about to lose....

Edit: Typed as I join a strongholds game losing 77-9

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nope.

This.

Seriously BTB can hide a lot of flaws in a Halo game. That's why it was Halo 4's most played - because all the bullshit seemed less in your face. Sprint isn't even too offensive in BTB.

Thrust isn't being used the same way on these maps I'm sure, and clamber is almost completely irrelevant.

No one is complaining about the automatics anymore either, or the radar.

Only thing from 4v4 that BTB won't fix is an easy sniper.

Sometimes I wish Halo would just rebrand itself as an 8v8 game (or larger) and just skip the paltry pretense of pretending to care about the balance of 4v4. Then I could say, "well at least it knows what it's trying to be".

• Upvote (+1) 1

A ranked playlist with Join In Progress, even by 343 standards this is pretty lame. Did they not figure that most people who quit are on a team that is getting destroyed, and that maybe people wouldn't want every other game to be them joining into a team with 5/8 people that is about to lose....

JIP in ranked BTB.. so disappointing to hear. It doesn't matter to me personally, since I will likely be searching with a party big enough to avoid it, but it's trash for the people who will be placed against us. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You get the Bayonet AR, a skin, an EVA skin, the Covenant emblem, and the MS-DOS emblem.

From where?

Sometimes I wish Halo would just rebrand itself as an 8v8 game (or larger) and just skip the paltry pretense of pretending to care about the balance of 4v4. Then I could say, "well at least it knows what it's trying to be".

Knowing 343, they would make BTB unplayable and accidentally give us a perfect CE 2.0 in 4s.

Based on Slayer alone

Basin is a very, very good map, and is very visually appealing. Definitely the least forge-y of the bunch.

Recurve is terrible.

Deadlock is pretty good but DMR heaven.

Haven't played Headlong yet but it seems pretty interesting

Pretty much agree with this.

Basin is actually decent though i'm not a fan of how strongholds plays on it.

Recurve is terrible. The orion of BTB.

I have no idea what they made deadlock so huge. It was already a big map. It didn't need to be upscaled so much.

Headlong. idk, I never really played H2 so I just feel lost.

Knowing 343, they would make BTB unplayable and accidentally give us a perfect CE 2.0 in 4s.

Hey, man.

Sacrifices.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Give us ranked playlists with no party restrictions.

Then give us ranked playlists with no party restrictions AND JIP

Someone needs to make a meme out of the sprint episode where the guy drinks a beer at work.

Edit: Typed as I join a strongholds game losing 77-9

Lol. Join in Progress in a ranked playlist. Feels bad man. Almost like they're doing exactly what people don't want them to do as far as playlists atm

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty much agree with this.

Basin is actually decent though i'm not a fan of how strongholds plays on it.

Recurve is terrible. The orion of BTB.

I have no idea what they made deadlock so huge. It was already a big map. It didn't need to be upscaled so much.

Headlong. idk, I never really played H2 so I just feel lost.

headlong is pretty fun in h5, reminds me of reach a little though because I played that more.

headlong is pretty fun in h5, reminds me of reach a little though because I played that more.

So that map does exist in the wild? Saustin and I played around 15 or so games and we never played that map. He even played more before me and never got that map. 

The tk'ing for snipe in BTB is back.  On thing I didn't miss about not having BTB.  They really need to do something about that.  Happened 8 times in 10 games.  They should just turn off FF in BTB.  Doubt they have the capability like not being able to make social playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The tk'ing for snipe in BTB is back.  On thing I didn't miss about not having BTB.  They really need to do something about that.  Happened 8 times in 10 games.  They should just turn off FF in BTB.  Doubt they have the capability like not being able to make social playlists.

What, you think friendly fire is on some some of switch? Where they can turn it off and on at will? It's actually a very intense process that could take a team of 5, weeks to accomplish. Just be glad 343 is giving us this FREE DLC and count your blessings and check your privileges. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Nope. All armor and stuff is locked behind RNG bs.