CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

every time I go up rocket ramp on coliseum i think the blue lights flashing on the structure behind snipe spawn are enemy players chuckin plasmas at rockets. is this fucking with anyone else too?

yes, and I also think the leaves in plaza are red players.

Now at 343's quality control dept: 

For some batshit insane reason this was the funniest thing I've seen all day.

And I've been on Waypoint for nearly the past nine hours.

Combine what 343 has done to Halo with horrible maps that become an eye sore after 10 minutes and this is what you get. Ever since 343 has taken the helm, its been nothing but a slippery slope.

This is you right now:

I am completely confused on whether you guys love or hate halo 5

It's a love-hate relationship. 

Can someon explain how they go positive in this game? Almost a month in and I'm still fighting my reticule and getting absolutely REQT by storm rifles. Pls help

I only have about 20 or so H5 FFA games under my belt, so I guess I'll see how FFA evolves as my CSR goes up, but it seems to me that the solution to the problem is to reduce the availability of CQC weapons and expand radar range. No radar FFA feels so random. I constantly take deaths where I feel like there was no way I should have known it was coming, and I don't feel like I could have played it any better. I don't get that feeling in games with radar because the game presents me with enough information, and gives me chance to make the right play.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, any ideas as to how to unlock this emblem, or what the emblem's name even is? On another note; despite my knowledge that the middle symbol is Warden Eternal's, and the last on the right is for the Guardians, I don't exactly know what the left one, or the one present on the nameplate itself is for. Initially, I thought left meant Exuberant Witness, but her symbol's different in the slightest, while the namplate's entirely unknown.

Xhj35pC.png

We were, but they were combined into one.

Oh, dang. It might be better this way as far as quality of the episode, but I'm kind of curious to see what they cut out of each episode to merge them into one.

Let's not equate 343 to one of my favorite albums 

How fitting, I used to jam out on Nine Inch Nails while playing Halo 2. Best combination.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You obviously underestimate how easy it is to pick people out of vehicles with BR's and DMR's this time around. Seriously; I've stopped getting INTO vehicles because of it. On top of that, vehicles are quite weak; Warthogs, Mongeese and Ghosts especially, meaning you won't be living long in concentrated fire, which you NEED to be in, to generally get a kill.

Except your failing to take into account how fast the vehicles kill you if the driver isn't an idiot.

Sure, the BR might be able to take out a Warthog, but that means jack shit if the Warthog gunner is capable of taking you out in 1/1000th of the time with the chain gun.

So many idiots drive the Warthog as if they're in a drifting competition. They might stay alive for a while doing this but their gunner is barely getting any kills and constantly taking shots to the back while they can't fight back due to the angles they're getting.

The best way to drive the warthog to rack up kills is to treat it like a mobile turret. Don't drive like a maniac, instead park on the crest of a hill where your gunner has clear sight lines to pin down opponents at their base. As soon as you start taking damage just reverse down the hill, wait a second to make sure your gunner doesn't die. Rinse, repeat.

Unless your playing in a team of co-ordinated people it's really hard to kill people that do this.

The weekend ranked poll should be out today or am i wrong?

Correct.

Should we take bets?

Doubles

Shotty Snipers

Strongholds

Uh it didnt. A 49 and three level 1's would get matched against low levels which enabled boosting. Far from foolproof especially with being able to create free gold accounts now.

No, you'd get matched up against other mixed parties in H2 doing shit like that, good try. Also MCC is not a good representation of how H2's system worked -- they had to match 49's against 10's and what not because the population was abysmal.

Correct.

Should we take bets?

Doubles

Shotty Snipers

Strongholds

to be completely honest i don't want doubles again or snipes.

I'm really enjoying Halo 5 more and more as I go along. I accept it's not a perfect game, but most complaints on this forum either don't bother me, or I disagree with. I still want the pistol to be better at range. I still want the BR and sniper to be more difficult. I still want autos to take a step back. But the sandbox in general is pretty enjoyable.

Give me more maps, and more gametypes to keep things fresh. I don't see myself leaving the game any time soon like with Halo 4.

Can someon explain how they go positive in this game? Almost a month in and I'm still fighting my reticule and getting absolutely REQT by storm rifles. Pls help

corner camp with scattershot or shotgun or storm rifle or assault rifle.  Hell just cross map people with the auto rifle.

Yes, it is cool because it illustrates that the pistol, while not ideal, is nothing like the weapon you're pretending it is.

Facts and logic are cool. If we're going to be providing criticism, it should be valid and logical so that it cannot be so easily dismissed. There are plenty of improvements to be made to the pistol, but pretending it's some worthless throwaway like the H2 SMG or H3 AR is disingenuous.

Next you'll be claiming that BR starts would be an improvement.

Did you adjust for the possibility that you may have faced a pack of scrublords? :P

to be completely honest i don't want doubles again or snipes.

We should be voting doubles in again this weekend so it will become permanent in the near future.

Nope. 

Doubles.

Strongholds

Breakout.

Breakout is already a playlist.

How about Warzone Doubles? :P

>imagine if that were actually possible....

It is :)

f6b7fdfff6a8190f7a0904413b30d432.png

Obviously a test playlist from pre-release but Warzone numbers don't need to be 24.

Correct.

Should we take bets?

Doubles

Shotty Snipers

Strongholds

That's it? Why not mix it up and give us something new like a 1v1 playlist or a classic playlist with no abilities? Would be cool to see.