CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

THE POWER LEVELING IS REAL. 

Make sure you practice safe... Observation...

My Plasma Canon is ready. :grunt:

Again who gets that pissed about Warzone? Get your req points, get your rare shit, then play something else when you're tired of it...

Other than the whole brokenness of Array, it's mindless chill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

From the latest Sprint episode: "Be able to get that in THE FIVE."  :kappa:

My favorite part about the Sprint episode that released today was the last scene where the guy downs a whole beer, and then says "Back to work!". Couldn't help but think he must have been the guy to either put breakout in Arena or was in charge of day 1 playlist options

• Upvote (+1) 7

The new episode of The Sprint was really good. Reminds me why I love this franchise even though H5 might be somewhat lacking right now.

For some reason when I play alone I can do really well but once I party up with randoms I just lose the ability to aim. Guess Im solo queuing it

I won't because the CQC weapons in H5 are twice as good as they have ever been in halo so the only informed plays you'll be making is informed decisions camped in a corner with your storm rifle waiting for that guy who is stupid enough to run around the map and challenge. Idk what the radar range was in H2A FFA but I'm sure it was a longer range and everything you're complaining about happened anyway because it was too chaotic and there was too many people.

The main problem is that 8 man FFA is too much, especially on maps like Empire and Coliseum.

Very, very, very false. A good radar helps immensely. You can navigate your way out of pinches and herd those two players into each other with a radar. If someone spawns behind you and runs in for a back smack you have a chance to defend yourself. If that camper missteps and shows himself on radar for a second, you know he's there. The way it stands now, it's almost impossible to juggle multiple opponents without having seen them first. That's bad.

I don't know why you're so adamant about taking away a camper's radar in 8 man FFA anyways. It's not like he's going to win with that tactic. He'll get one kill and then get hosed. Players that do that don't win FFA's. So it shouldn't outweigh giving good FFA players the ability to make good decisions.

Every Halo game so far has used radar in FFA, and they have all played well. This one doesn't, and is the only one that plays chaotic and random. Yeah, a radar will let you get some crouchy ambush kills most games, but it will FAR more often reduce randomness and give you the chance to make a smart play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just got back from the gym, any news on what was up with the false update messages earlier this morning?

Update coming today?

Just got back from the gym, any news on what was up with the false update messages earlier this morning?

Update coming today?

Well that's a shame. Was hoping to play it today.

Doesn't look like it :(

Doesn't look like it :(

Argh, also saw Stinkles post on twitter about it. "Very soon but not today". Hoping before the weekend... I go on a camping trip then. 

Every Halo game so far has used radar in FFA, and they have all played well. This one doesn't, and is the only one that plays chaotic and random. Yeah, a radar will let you get some crouchy ambush kills most games, but it will FAR more often reduce randomness and give you the chance to make a smart play.

This Halo also has bad maps, spawns, and settings.

Taking radar out of MLG H2 FFA would be a much better experiment.

Why does halo 5 have less than 1k viewers?

Idk why but its just not fun to watch.

The fact that when pros play it seems like they just don't give a shit is probably the reason.

If they cared about winning and thier rankings and games were intense it be a lot more enjoyable to watch. But instead they all seem to be in a "whoever cares the least is the coolest" competition. Seems strange since thier trying to create an esports scene and make money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The fact that when pros play it seems like they just don't give a shit is probably the reason.

If they cared about winning and thier rankings and games were intense it be a lot more enjoyable to watch. But instead they all seem to be in a "whoever cares the least is the coolest" competition. Seems strange since thier trying to create an esports scene and make money.

Given the fact that there's no HCS news, what else can they really do? March is still a few months away.

I agree, honestly I find it surprising ... I legitimately enjoyed watching Reach, H3, and H4 more than H5, despite the fact that H5 plays better than these games in some ways.  Spectating is just not exciting for H5, which probably isn't a good sign lol

Very, very, very false. A good radar helps immensely. You can navigate your way out of pinches and herd those two players into each other with a radar. If someone spawns behind you and runs in for a back smack you have a chance to defend yourself. If that camper missteps and shows himself on radar for a second, you know he's there. The way it stands now, it's almost impossible to juggle multiple opponents without having seen them first. That's bad.

I don't know why you're so adamant about taking away a camper's radar in 8 man FFA anyways. It's not like he's going to win with that tactic. He'll get one kill and then get hosed. Players that do that don't win FFA's. So it shouldn't outweigh giving good FFA players the ability to make good decisions.

You can win whole games just crouching around though. I'm sitting just at around champion 200 in FFA currently and you can easily win games just crouching tower with shotgun on empire or above basement on rig with scattershot. The storm rifle makes crouching around doorways and windows on any map any easy way to get tons of easy kills.

You either camp with a short range weapon until you can snowball enough power weapons and powerups to just bulldoze through or you camp with a short range weapon and clean up as many kills as possible.

I haven't seen many matches were someone just went around and outshot everybody to win, so yes this game is significantly different in FFA from other games.

If you had a good BR and good positioning you could just roam around on the map and get plenty of kills in previous games, but that's not how it works in Halo 5 in my experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Given the fact that there's no HCS news, what else can they really do? March is still a few months away.

Care about MM. Care about being champion 1. Give people a reason to want to watch.

Care about MM. Care about being champion 1. Give people a reason to want to watch.

Seems like most of the pro players I have seen stream during the day have been saying that the main reason they won't play Arena right now is because solo players can match full parties of 4, and at Champion level you are almost guranteed to be playing a party of 4 and probably won't even be able to match with 3 other people going in solo (aka they just won't get a match). So they have to wait for 3 other people to get on and run with them and hope another team of 4 is searching games. With how harsh the high rank MM seems to be (match making wise, they can't match Onyx players it seems) and the lack of a solo Arena and a true "Team" arena playlist (parties only), it seems like they just don't want to play matchmaking because they don't want to waste their time during the day.

And Ninja, usually the savior of Halo during the day, is on a morning/afternoon H1Z1 schedule now. Looks like the ranking system and match making system is actually driving away top players until night. Pretty unfortunate

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why does halo 5 have less than 1k viewers?

1. Twitch is dominated by PC games.

2. LOTS of AAA games just released, Halo 5 is only on Xbox.

3. Each of these games does certain things way better than Halo 5 does. 

YPoQ45t.png