CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Cool. Just letting you know he was AFKing and it looks like he's currently XP banned.

Ok

Doesn't change anything I said.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Im not getting into this again.

I dont blame him. I blame 343 for creating a horrid system that rewards and encourages people to do nothing.

Man, this argument is fucking plain ole dumb.

How can you plan/create a system to override that sort of contingency?

AFKing to level up IS exploiting the system (cheating).

Why are off peak hours affecting h5 more than other games?

The games that knock it out during non-US Peak Hours are titles that have large[er] followings in Europe. Should we really be surprised that FIFA and Destiny knock Halo down a few notches for a few hours of the day, when Halo turns around and knocks them both down a notch a few hours later?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The worst part is that 343 is probably sitting there looking at population numbers and seeing warzone having a high population(in the relation to other lists) and thinking its a huge success.

All the while ignoring all the people who aren't playing at all because of the lack of real social and real btb.

I think it's interesting to note how people who want Social have to play Warzone, and people who are too high ranked to find matches also have to play Warzone (I've been finding myself doing that a lot).

Tired of being put against full teams while solo queuing? Well, Warzone has the same problem despite a huge population.

Oh and if you ever wanted custom games with a shit ton of new interesting weapons... well, that's Warzone-exclusive.

If you ever get bored of Warzone, there's Warzone v2, the one where people glitch/cheat their way to wins.

TL;DR - Warzone

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think it's interesting to note how people who want Social have to play Warzone, and people who are too high ranked to find matches also have to play Warzone (I've been finding myself doing that a lot).

Tired of being put against full teams while solo queuing? Well, Warzone has the same problem despite a huge population.

Oh and if you ever wanted custom games with a shit ton of new interesting weapons... well, that's Warzone-exclusive.

If you ever get bored of Warzone, there's Warzone v2, the one where people glitch/cheat their way to wins.

TL;DR - Warzone

Have you tried warzoning?

The games that knock it out during non-US Peak Hours are titles that have large[er] followings in Europe. Should we really be surprised that FIFA and Destiny knock Halo down a few notches for a few hours of the day, when Halo turns around and knocks them both down a notch a few hours later?

I wasn't aware that destiny, gta, and nba all have a much larger following in europe than halo does.

How would yall fix the system? Can't remove it cause you could possibly lose more of those oh so important casuals who enjoy that kind of progression system.

Man, this argument is fucking plain ole dumb.

How can you plan/create a system to override that sort of contingency?

Lol

Making ranking based on literally anything other than just play time.

You make a ranking system that rewards people for starting up a game and staying until the end and nothing else. Then get upset when people start up games, stay until the end and do nothing else?

Okkkkkkkkk

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wasn't aware that destiny, gta, and nba all have a much larger following in europe than halo does.

Destiny and FIFA do.

I think you're pulling the NBA game out of your ass. Pics or it didn't happen.

Destiny and FIFA do.

I think you're pulling the NBA game out of your ass. Pics or it didn't happen.

Ok

Just let me hop in my time machine...

This. And Destiny's weekly reset is Tuesday. It's really not a big deal at all.

Update is out according to in game playlist msg, sadly it wont download even if I restart the game.

I made this satire video during the beta as a joke. I did not think so many people would be stupid enough to take this seriously. If you want a laugh, read the comments on the video lol.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Update is out according to in game playlist msg, sadly it wont download even if I restart the game.

Seeing a few posts with the same stuff on reddit. 

Same here... hope it goes live soon

So is this normal or #just343ithings? 

Team Games - no motion tracker (most good players complain anyways)

FFA - buffed motion tracker/default

If this was to happen it wouldn't be before they introduce social playlists first. That way they have social with radar, ranked with no radar. That's the best compromise I can think of honestly and unless I'm jaded I don't see any downside.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the matchmaking message is gone. 

Cool?

Last episode of The Sprint is out on the Halo Channel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the matchmaking message is gone. 

Cool?

Last episode of The Sprint is out on the Halo Channel.

Not seeing it?

I made this satire video during the beta as a joke. I did not think so many people would be stupid enough to take this seriously. If you want a laugh, read the comments on the video lol.

Lmao this is gold.... "I do want to point out, the enemy team did have host. They were playing on the same monitor 4 way splitscreen here, so that's 4 way host lol."

After hearing that, it makes reading the comment section so much better lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FFA is about controlling engagements. Without Radar players run into each other at random and the lack of information concerning spatial awareness severely limits the amount of choices the player can make concerning duels or escaping one.

As far as ranked playlists go, FFA is the one playlist where Radar doesn't hurt the gametype - everyone is an enemy.

I see nothing but increased frustration with the implementation of increased radar range in FFA. I've played so much FFA that I can predict spawns and map movement without Radar and I'm rewarded for that knowledge. Radar will do nothing but limit my options when approaching anybody camped with autos or any other gun and there is no reward out of it because it is already so chaotic that any engagement you can't currently control will do absolutely no good with increased range.

That guy camping on storm rifle spawn on fathom is empowered even more with an increase in range because he can see anybody who tries to get the drop on him from sneaky. That guy at the top of the LR spawn on Pegasus with shotgun camping is again further empowered because he can see anybody approaching from rockets or the stairs. Increased radar range will do nothing but reward campy/passive play IMO.

It's been fluctuating since a bunch of new titles came out in recent weeks. Not exactly shocking. In the same breath, Halo 5's been shooting back up to 3rd consistently as the day progresses as well.

Accidental neg sorry, I agree though.

I agree though, bunch of new games leeching players away. Also there's no surprise Fifa is consistently ahead, that game is massive and it's fan base isn't one that will move onto new games.

Tell me the gist of it?

Pretty meh. Just them patting themselves on the back of Halo 5. 

Only two things I really care about is:

Updates will be monthly - game modes will be delivered in these updates

343 are moving from their current two-studio setup to a new single studio in Redmond in January.

Not seeing it?

If you've got Windows 10, this should open it: https://www.halowaypoint.com/s/videos/cb8c98fe9ae24878aab9f8dce451d9e8

Accidental neg sorry, I agree though.

I agree though, bunch of new games leeching players away. Also there's no surprise Fifa is consistently ahead, that game is massive and it's fan base isn't one that will move onto new games.

Indeed. Neg's fine, though. On a related note; I find it really sad that on LAUNCH DAY Battlefront's only in fourth place on XBL's most played.

• Upvote (+1) 3