CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Snipedown has the least AR kills I've seen out of anyone who's played as much as him. He's at 34 AR kills with 520 arena matches. Looks like he drops it whenever he has a chance.

Meanwhile I'm planning on turning it into my #2 most used weapon if a balance patch doesn't happen before the end of December.

ec2fe2960842d2c0bfbfe8814e4d68ad.png

Never realized how bad my accuracy would look after pre-firing on people expecting them to challenge.

Everyone has accuracy like that. My accuracy wasn't any better in the beta. Around 40% to 50%.

Snipedown has the least AR kills I've seen out of anyone who's played as much as him. He's at 34 AR kills with 520 arena matches. Looks like he drops it whenever he has a chance.

Meanwhile I'm planning on turning it into my #2 most used weapon if a balance patch doesn't happen before the end of December.

ec2fe2960842d2c0bfbfe8814e4d68ad.png

Never realized how bad my accuracy would look after pre-firing on people expecting them to challenge.

116 kills/hour with Pistol

179 kills/hour with BR

Seems like you should be dropping that pistol more often.

edit:

Pistol headshot kills 83.5%

BR headshot kills 94.4%

DROP THE PISTOL

• Upvote (+1) 6

116 kills/hour with Pistol

179 kills/hour with BR

Seems like you should be dropping that pistol more often.

edit: Pistol headshot kills 83.5%

BR headshot kills 94.4%

DROP THE PISTOL

Interesting statistics. Then again, I challenge with the BR a lot more than I do with the pistol. When I have a pistol, I'm far more conservative. 

It's also worth pointing out that when I'm carrying a BR, it's out most of the time, as opposed to when I'm carrying a pistol, it's not uncommon for it to be in the back while I have a power weapon.

Have they said anything about BTB yet?

It's coming this week and it'll be four Forge maps. No more details.

Confused to how they are making BTB ranked. I thought the whole point of BTB was for it be a a casual gamemode?

BTB can be played competitively (BTB.net) but it won't work with Halo 5's ranking system as is.

343s Twitter should always say the exact time and date when content is going to drop.

And then you'd all complain if it arrived late. I'd rather they don't make promises they can't keep.

Hoping for BR Starts in BTB.

:)

is that update trying to say the look mechanics are a technical glitch for some controllers?

also BTB better not be forge only

They're looking into the issue where controllers will randomly slow turn in Halo 5 because some controllers have issues, fix is coming this month. 

BTB is Forge only.

Anyone here like breakout and know how to play it? literally everyone on my friendslist "ew breakout i dont play that" .....

You can't just post an FFA with randoms where you get 34 kills in 15 minutes and think it justifies anything.

I don't need gameplay or stats to justify what I'm saying. I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue here? Are you saying the pistol needs to be improved in some aspects? Because I agree with that. Are you saying that the pistol is like starting with the H3 AR, which is what I'm arguing about? Because that's completely ludicrous.

Im not saying the h5 pistol is like the h3 ar or h2 smg. Im saying h5 ar mag starts is a 3 tiered weapon system. H3 ar and h2 smg starts were also 3 tiered weapon systems.

Its good that people are finally coming to the realisation that current AR mag starts are essentially h3 AR starts.

Maybe my understanding of the English language isn't so good, but it would appear that you are equating the H5 pistol and the H3 AR in the exact post that engendered this conversation. If you're trying to say that neither one fills the role of a true utility weapon, I might agree with you in some regards, but the degree of separation between the Halo 5 pistol and other weapons is monumentally different than the Halo 3 AR. 

There are plenty of pros who do well, sticking with the Pistol. Pretty sure Snipedown doesn't even go out of his way for BRs/DMRs. 

The problem is the balancing only *works* at the highest skill levels. Anywhere else, AR is OP.

Actually, that's how balance should work. Take Halo CE for example; the Pistol dumps on bad players, but that doesn't mean the balance is off. A game should always be balanced with the highest skilled players in mind, with certain weapons included to allow bad players to have fun against each other.

Does SR mean anything on H5 or is just a guidance to people to know how long you've been playing? 

Does SR mean anything on H5 or is just a guidance to people to know how long you've been playing? 

Latter.

That's quite possibly one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. Sucks I don't have a 3D printer. XP

You don't need one, Sandboxr makes it and sends it to you.

Is BTB going to be ranked? Because if it is I'm sticking to Fallout.

Yes.

BTB might be delayed (as in not today)? Or is this common knowledge?

It was never coming today.

Is BTB going to be ranked? Because if it is I'm sticking to Fallout.

better stick to Fallout then.

about BTB release...I'm almost a 100% sure say said the new REQs will drop on the 16th in the Nov. Sneak Peak article, now the article says "the week ot the 16th" did they edited it or is my memory wrong?

about BTB release...I'm almost 100% sure say said the new REQs will drop on the 16th in the Nov. Sneak Peak article, now the article says "the week ot the 16th" did they edited it or is my memory wrong?

I could've sworn they said the 16th. Hmm...

BTB might be delayed (as in not today)? Or is this common knowledge?

I am pretty sure he said 6 days that would be tomorrow it comes out but now it seems like it isn't coming tomorrow amazing.

about BTB release...I'm almost a 100% sure say said the new REQs will drop on the 16th in the Nov. Sneak Peak article, now the article says "the week ot the 16th" did they edited it or is my memory wrong?

It was always "week of Nov 16th".

Lol what the hell man. I'm all for delays if it means it'll work properly but I thought they'd have the release locked down after waiting 3 weeks to put it in

If they want to keep delaying so it works, that's fine by me.

I could've sworn they said the 16th. Hmm...

Week of 16th.

I am pretty sure he said 6 days that would be tomorrow it comes out but now it seems like it isn't coming tomorrow amazing.

And this is why they said week of the 16th in the blog and didn't promise a date.