CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Played a few games of Doubles. Holy goddamn balls is it frustrating to lose to two RANDOMS who can just spam AR. Seriously; whoever said Arena's problems were amplified in Doubles was right. Could openly tell the players were less skilled than my teammate and I, who'd partied up, yet they won, solely because they could AR and grenade spam the hell out of us, despite our obviously superior skill levels. Totally agree it needs a nerf in some way. Even damage wise. Make it take three more bullets to kill a person, or decrease the range, increase the spread; because that sorta ridiculous crap, where noobs win against experienced players, should not happen in game.

Idk if I come over as a douche, but that is such a butthurt post, cant help myself.

You lost. You got outplayed. Calling other people noobs when they beat you and blame it on whatever.

I am all in for a nerf/removement and Im even more in for a 4 shot pistol. But these butthurt post happen in every forum of every game. Just like the butthurt noobs of older Halos that got their ass beaten by CE pistol and BRs, and wanted them nerved/removed.

Also calling this game a noobfest? (Not you) funny, because I still see the top players being top players and I get sweaty games every fucking game.

We can ask for nervs/buffs and talk about them, but stop being butthurt over any loss or death.

That is all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It didn't ruin the game. This game has a completely different set of balance compared to previous games.

Or, we could have another Halo 3 where you literally have no reason to ever use anything BUT the BR.

Is there a reason auto weapons always have to be giant reticule spray weapons?

Instead of just making autos insanely powerful and easy to use. Why not make them powerful and interestimg to use?

Idk if I come over as a douche, but that is such a butthurt post, cant help myself.

You lost. You got outplayed. Calling other people noobs when they beat you and blame it on whatever.

I am all in for a nerf/removement and Im even more in for a 4 shot pistol. But these butthurt post happen in every forum of every game. Just like the butthurt noobs of older Halos that got their ass beaten by CE pistol and BRs, and wanted them nerved/removed.

Also calling this game a noobfest? (Not you) funny, because I still see the top players being top players and I get sweaty games every fucking game.

We can ask for nervs/buffs and talk about them, but stop being butthurt over any loss or death.

That is all.

If I lose a game to players that can only kill me with an SMG by crouching in a corner and lose every single pistol/BR dual against me, I'm pretty sure I can safely assume they're bad players.

These are the same types of players I was beating 50-0 in Halo 1 on MCC just a month ago.

This game rewards camping with automatic weapons and punishes players for having the audacity to use a weapon that actually requires skill.

Yeah, sure, I can change my game up and run around the map with the SMG as my primary weapon (which is what I'm doing now), but that doesn't mean I can't say I lost to bad players.

If a patch comes out that nerfs automatics watch these same warriors immediately drop to wood league. I guarantee it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is there a reason auto weapons always have to be giant reticule spray weapons?

Instead of just making autos insanely powerful and easy to use. Why not make them powerful and interestimg to use?

Because 343 needs to make bad kids feel good about themselves by giving them easy kills and "distraction" medals.

Other arena FPS have automatic weapons that work great.

Quake 3 has the plasma cannon and nail gun. The plasma cannon actually does a shit tonne of damage however the projectiles are very slow meaning you have to lead your target by a lot to hit them. If you manage to hit them it just melts through people in a second.

Quake 3 also has the lightning gun which shoots a beam that needs to be held on the target.

Unreal Tournament has the Link Gun, the primary fire shoots plasma bolts that have a slow projectile speed but do a decent amount of damage.

Halo 5 has... The Needler that kills you in 0.000003 seconds, requires no leading and basically guaranteed to hit your target as long as they're on your screen and a hit scan SMG with a reticle that takes up half your screen making it almost impossible to miss.

I've suggested it numerous times - Get rid of the tracking on the Needler because it's gone from being an absolute joke in Halo 1 to having god like tracking in Halo 3 and now it's even more absurd in H5. Turn the Needler into a gun similar to the nail gun from Quake (It even shoots sharp projectiles which means it totally fits in with the theme of the weapon) and we'll have an interesting automatic gun that can do a lot of damage, takes skill to use and also offers the benefit of denying an area, eg, spamming the gun down a hallway to prevent enemies from running through it and pre-firing around corners.

Dirty Bomb also shows that hit scan automatic weapons don't need to be completely noob friendly. The game features many automatic weapons however I'm still able to run around the map causing absolute carnage because the weapons have a very narrow spray cone and do bonus damage for head shots. Unlike Halo 5 where the reticle takes up half the screen the reticle is a dot in the centre of the screen that's about 4 pixels in total.

The automatic weapons in Halo 5 should have a reticle the same size as the BR which would result in less autoaim so they're not so easy to use.

watch these same warriors immediately drop to wood league. I guarantee it.

343i already took care of that, you can't drop in divisions. :weback:

Sandbox is all over the place.

I had no idea the AR, and the SMG did armor (headshot) damage.

Has there been an indication of when the Legendary rocket launcher and pistol REQ cards will make an appearance?

Interested to see them both in play (in Warzone, before anyone corrects me)

Bro...this is exactly the game they wanted to make. We have to come to terms with this. All of this was tested for 3 years. The Pro Team has completely fucking failed this community and the rest of the halo community. Halo's identity is lost with Halo 5. This shit remind of one of these military shooters where I can either spawn with an AR and run around spraying and praying for kills till the game is over. This is terrible.

and yet you still supported where 343 is taking Halo with them crispy dollars right?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully it will stay 8 and just get taken off the shitty maps. 

8 players on Truth, Regret, Coliseum, Plaza, and eden is fine (Except for rockets on all those maps. those need to go away). Rig is borderline for FFA

Its empire, fathom, pegasus, that are the bad maps, and IMO its not because theres 8 players, but rather the weapons on map and where they are. 

Take the storm rifles out of tree house (And off Fathom entirely) and suddenly the strategy opens up some from "Get storm rifle and camp tree house"

Move the shotgun away from Tower on empire and put a different power weapon outside (IMO it needs a sniper out there for 4v4 as well, caster doesnt give enough reason to leave inside if you have control of it IMO) and suddenly the gametype goes beyond "Get shotgun and crouch in tower"

Pegasus is a clusterfuck for powerpositions in general. 

i dont think the maps are the biggest issue for ffa..while some are better than others the reality is with the map size, long sight lines, player mobility, short motion tracker and bad spawns...adding 8 players to the mix is just to much...it becomes more random and then it should...a certain level of chaos in ffa is fine but this much is just overwhelming....way to often people spawn within sight line of me...quite often while im in a fight and vice versa...theres to many instances where two people are fighting, someone interupts the fight, and then someone interupts the person interupting that fight...i dont know about lower level ffa but in onyx its just plain frustrating...and personally i would be fine with just power ups in ffa...straight up gun fights would be great

because the magnetism is crazy high in h5. This is known. Sniper is stupid easy in h5.

thats true...im an average player with the sniper at best but when i have it in warzone or something..i feel like a beast

and yet you still supported where 343 is taking Halo with them crispy dollars right?

none of us knew the sandbox was this stupid....the beta played nothing like this

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

none of us knew the sandbox was this stupid....the beta played nothing like this

Just stop giving them money. After Halo Reach, 4 and at least Halo 5 it should be clear now that the Halo games will never be like you want them to be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because 343 needs to make bad kids feel good about themselves by giving them easy kills and "distraction" medals.

Other arena FPS have automatic weapons that work great.

Quake 3 has the plasma cannon and nail gun. The plasma cannon actually does a shit tonne of damage however the projectiles are very slow meaning you have to lead your target by a lot to hit them. If you manage to hit them it just melts through people in a second.

Quake 3 also has the lightning gun which shoots a beam that needs to be held on the target.

Unreal Tournament has the Link Gun, the primary fire shoots plasma bolts that have a slow projectile speed but do a decent amount of damage.

Halo 5 has... The Needler that kills you in 0.000003 seconds, requires no leading and basically guaranteed to hit your target as long as they're on your screen and a hit scan SMG with a reticle that takes up half your screen making it almost impossible to miss.

I've suggested it numerous times - Get rid of the tracking on the Needler because it's gone from being an absolute joke in Halo 1 to having god like tracking in Halo 3 and now it's even more absurd in H5. Turn the Needler into a gun similar to the nail gun from Quake (It even shoots sharp projectiles which means it totally fits in with the theme of the weapon) and we'll have an interesting automatic gun that can do a lot of damage, takes skill to use and also offers the benefit of denying an area, eg, spamming the gun down a hallway to prevent enemies from running through it and pre-firing around corners.

Dirty Bomb also shows that hit scan automatic weapons don't need to be completely noob friendly. The game features many automatic weapons however I'm still able to run around the map causing absolute carnage because the weapons have a very narrow spray cone and do bonus damage for head shots. Unlike Halo 5 where the reticle takes up half the screen the reticle is a dot in the centre of the screen that's about 4 pixels in total.

The automatic weapons in Halo 5 should have a reticle the same size as the BR which would result in less autoaim so they're not so easy to use.

Reach had the focus rifle which was essentially a full auto sniper rifle. Was pretty cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have the dumbest name I have ever seen lol. 

plus repped to counter balance this useless post. 

Thread has me feeling like shit....

I still think this game is great.....but I have not played in like 2 days..Im thinking its really just a good to4 game.

ce only populated by handicaps or people that are timing vs me and said handicaps.

cant seem to find a good halo experience anywhere. All of this negativity can be nullified if 343 would just speak the fuck up, like seriously....ive been one of the most positive in here but I want everyone else to have a reason to feel it too 

Hahaha I actually changed my gamertag recently after 3 years of using that gamertag.

The negativity of this thread kills me too. There's hardly any room to discuss anything in here. Anytime a complaint comes to someones head, they come here and post it. Half of them aren't even valid or thought out complaints.

I wish there was a separate thread for negative Halo 5 discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hahaha I actually changed my gamertag recently after 3 years of using that gamertag.

The negativity of this thread kills me too. There's hardly any room to discuss anything in here. Anytime a complaint comes to someones head, they come here and post it. Half of them aren't even valid or thought out complaints.

This is the separate thread of negative H5 discussion lol.

The positive discussion goes on in the H5 meta/whatever thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

at least for warzone it should be kept, quite some areas are just too huge in it to not have sprint

If the map is too big for the proper movement settings, that's a problem with Map Design. Every map can be made to combat the "walking is too slow" mentality people have. Put in more cover, increase the time it takes to capture a base/hill, and many other things. Saying you need sprint on some maps and not others means that some maps are bad and some aren't. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are we suppose to discuss? "Hey guys...how much fun is it using and abusing AR's or getting mowed down by them?"...

can't just brush things under the rug....you want to pretend like the game has no issues discuss it in pm's with ppl living on cloud 9 with you...

• Upvote (+1) 4

What are we suppose to discuss? "Hey guys...how much fun is it using and abusing AR's or getting mowed down by them?"...

can't just brush things under the rug....you want to pretend like the game has no issues discuss it in pm's with ppl living on cloud 9 with you...

Do you have Halo 5? Just wondering if you're one of the posters who haven't bought it yet.

I don't find myself getting mowed down by ARs much in this game. It is truly not that effective aside from FFA and a couple maps.

I don't find myself getting mowed down by ARs much in this game. It is truly not that effective aside from FFA and a couple maps.

Please go play doubles and get back to me.

Please go play doubles and get back to me.

And doubles, which I knew would be bad in this game, hence why I haven't played it. I don't encounter the AR in high level Arena or TS (except for maybe a map or two)

Maybe I just got lucky, but I don't remember my 10 doubles placement matches being AR/SMG/Storm rifle driven games. It was primarily pistol/BR/power weapons.