CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yes back to back CGI. Last years Announcement was anyway too early and weird.

The Game is more than a year away. I doubt that there is anything good to show. And i doubt that they would give us more informations so early. If the game would be showable we would already have a ingame screenshot or ingame teaser. But we only got 3 Concept Art pieces...

Unlike Halo 5, Destiny was delayed from Spring to Fall.

Focus will be more on the 2014 Plans.

Uhm yeah, i completely forgot about the delay. It feels really strange to get another CGI for a Halo Game, as far as i remember it was never done before to only show trailers about the same Halo at different E3s.

Uhm yeah, i completely forgot about the delay. It feels really strange to get another CGI for a Halo Game, as far as i remember it was never done before to only show trailers about the same Halo at different E3s.

Maybe im wrong, we will see. But my money is on another CGI trailer for H5.

Maybe im wrong, we will see. But my money is on another CGI trailer for H5.

I disagree with you. We have already gotten a cgi trailer of halo 5. My bet is that it will be a in-game tease like when they teased in-game graphics of 4. It probably wont be something huge but i doubt it woud be a cgi trailer. It is possible for a cgi but i honetly think they will show some in-game renders. Again, it could be something very small just to pump everyone up.

E3 in a nutshell:

- 343 Representative: "We wanted to bring something new to the Halo franchise, but maintain the look and feel that Halo players have known and love"

- Begins demo

- Master Chief sprints in and uses some form of armor ability, jumps back and shoots the enemy with a blooming DMR

- Community collectively groans but proceeds to overanalyze the shit out of the 30 seconds of footage we get, insisting that it won't be that bad

• Upvote (+1) 3

E3 in a nutshell:

- 343 Representative: "We wanted to bring something new to the Halo franchise, but maintain the look and feel that Halo players have known and love"

- Begins demo

- Master Chief sprints in and uses some form of armor ability, jumps back and shoots the enemy with a blooming DMR

- Community collectively groans but proceeds to overanalyze the shit out of the 30 seconds of footage we get, insisting that it won't be that bad

Wanna bet?

I disagree with you. We have already gotten a cgi trailer of halo 5. My bet is that it will be a in-game tease like when they teased in-game graphics of 4. It probably wont be something huge but i doubt it woud be a cgi trailer. It is possible for a cgi but i honetly think they will show some in-game renders. Again, it could be something very small just to pump everyone up.

That wasnt really a trailer for Halo 5. It was a Teaser for "hey yo, Halo is coming to Xbone with a game in 2014". 

Uhm they never teased ingame graphics for Halo 4. The E3 2011 teaser was CGI, first glimpses we got were in a Vidoc in march 2012. Small Info Blowout happened with the Gameinformer Cover in April 2012. Full gameplay blowout happened at E3 2012.

Halo 5 will maybe go this route next year. But until then, maybe more concept art and CGI teasers.

CGI or demo, I'd put heavy money on the last bullet point either way.

Pennies are heavier than 100 dollar bills.

That wasnt really a trailer for Halo 5. It was a Teaser for "hey yo, Halo is coming to Xbone with a game in 2014". 

Uhm they never teased ingame graphics for Halo 4. The E3 2011 teaser was CGI, first glimpses we got were in a Vidoc in march 2012. Small Info Blowout happened with the Gameinformer Cover in April 2012. Full gameplay blowout happened at E3 2012.

Halo 5 will maybe go this route next year. But until then, maybe more concept art and CGI teasers.

Obviously you are right but im saying that i dont expect just a cgi trailer of the game. They really need to hype up the game since halo 4 and i honestly think a cgi trailer wouldnt cut it to make people really excited. I mean most fans will be excited either way but with some better teases of a in-game teaser. Like them showing of what they engine can do but not reveal much would be better. Cgi is terrible way to show of a game when its not at all how the game looks in-game.

Obviously you are right but im saying that i dont expect just a cgi trailer of the game. They really need to hype up the game since halo 4 and i honestly think a cgi trailer wouldnt cut it to make people really excited. I mean most fans will be excited either way but with some better teases of a in-game teaser. Like them showing of what they engine can do but not reveal much would be better. Cgi is terrible way to show of a game when its not at all how the game looks in-game.

They have the Halo Collection for 2014. No need to hype h5 already.

If you want to know what this E3 will be like, just go back and watch the MS E3 presentation from 2011. First Microsoft will spend the first 40-60 minutes or so showcasing the a few multiplatform and the less hyped console exclusives. Eventually, we will get a trailer for the anniversary campaign and a brief glimpse of the multiplayer from a 3rd person perspective (whether it is H2A or the Master Chief collection or both). They will give us a few hints of what it will include and how it will compare to the original. We will also get a computer generated cinematic trailer for Halo 5. In 2011, they ended the show with the H4 trailer, but I believe that was the first time we saw anything for H4. Since they already announced H5, perhaps this year they will throw in the H5 trailer in the middle and end on the Anniversary announcement. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They have the Halo Collection for 2014. No need to hype h5 already.

If you honestly think that they arnt going to hype halo 5 at e3 then you are in over your head. Its common sense that they will at least show a teaser.

They will probably show more Master chief collection or H2A specifically than halo 5 but halo 5 will be shown in some form.

If you want to know what this E3 will be like, just go back and watch the MS E3 presentation from 2011. First Microsoft will spend the first 40-60 minutes or so showcasing the a few multiplatform and the less hyped console exclusives. Eventually, we will get a trailer for the anniversary campaign and a brief glimpse of the multiplayer from a 3rd person perspective (whether it is H2A or the Master Chief collection or both). They will give us a few hints of what it will include and how it will compare to the original. We will also get a computer generated cinematic trailer for Halo 5. In 2011, they ended the show with the H4 trailer, but I believe that was the first time we saw anything for H4. Since they already announced H5, perhaps this year they will throw in the H5 trailer in the middle and end on the Anniversary announcement. 

Thank you! I completely agree. Nice reply.

I heard some rumblings of a "tech demo" which wouldn't surprise me at all... After all, it wouldn't be giving away too much, while still showing what the game will be like, to a degree, and what the engine is capable of.

Seems about right at this stage of development if you ask me. But who knows?

E3 in a nutshell:

- Begins demo

343: "We've been listening to our fans, so we're releasing Halo 2 Anniversary.....with the Halo 4 engine for the multiplayer"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Their main focus will be on the Master Chief Collection (assuming it's real). They will certainly mention H5 in some form as it's the next chapter in Master Chief's story which is a big selling point for fans but I doubt we will see a lot on it. It will just be a reminder that they're working on it and maybe give us a small teaser trailer or something similar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you honestly think that they arnt going to hype halo 5 at e3 then you are in over your head. Its common sense that they will at least show a teaser.

They will probably show more Master chief collection or H2A specifically than halo 5 but halo 5 will be shown in some form.

You are in over your head. There is no point in hyping a game up which is still over a year away. Especially with Halo. THey never hyped Halo 4 until CEA was out of the door. You really expect too much from this E3. E3 2015 is where Halo 5 will shine, not this year.

@@Sam

That waht i think too.

People really expect too much now.

Yeah thats what im already saying. @@@RipShaDe 41 really expects too much from E3 in regards to Halo 5.

Halo 5 isn't coming out until fall of next year so I wouldn't expect them to show any gameplay at this years E3. Next year I expect something similar to Halo 4's gameplay demo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope 343 doesn't use SPARTAN-IVs. I really dislike the IV's lore and their armor is atrocious. That Spartan above the Chief on that cover is highly reminiscent of the IVs, and it already leaves a bitter taste in my mouth about Halo 5.

I won't be highly critical for now, but I will be and I won't be very hyped if Halo 5 will be using elements from Halo 4 or will be using it as a foundation. I just hope 343 is smarter and maybe approaches Halo 5 with a cautious development by using the classic Halo games as a foundation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope 343 doesn't use SPARTAN-IVs. I really dislike the IV's lore and their armor is atrocious. That Spartan above the Chief on that cover is highly reminiscent of the IVs, and it already leaves a bitter taste in my mouth about Halo 5.

I won't be highly critical for now, but I will be and I won't be very hyped if Halo 5 will be using elements from Halo 4 or will be using it as a foundation. I just hope 343 is smarter and maybe approaches Halo 5 with a cautious development by using the classic Halo games as a foundation.

Spartan 4's easily made some of the best friendly AI in the series IMO.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

any chance the new halo game features master chief handing off the torch to this new spartan? either by dying or appearing to have died?

• Upvote (+1) 1

any chance the new halo game features master chief handing off the torch to this new spartan? either by dying or appearing to have died?

I doubt they'd kill off Master Chief (yet), he's one of the most iconic characters in gaming. I'm sure he'll be present for H5 + 6 at the very least.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If there was one specific thing you wanted to see at E3 out of Halo 5 what would it be? I don't just mean "Multiplayer," I mean if they showed gameplay what would you be hoping to get a glimpse at?

A demonstration of each critical feature like sprint and descope and AA (this could be done in a 90 second video) .. and something about forge editor mode to know if terrain editing was in the works.

Let's start this off optimistic. Halo 5 has more potential to be great than any of the other sequels. 343 has proven that they're good at listening, which is not a trait I would associate with Bungie. If they do more listening than independent thinking, Halo 5 will work.

I believe it will. I just want both competitive and casual settings and options. All the hires plus the record amount of feedback from the community. I'd say expect big, and competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really see them talking about and announcing the Master Chief collection with all the campaigns remastered, to them getting into depth about the Halo TV show with Steven Spielberg, then Halo 2 Anniversary as there main event I guess you could say then them closing it out with a Halo 5 Trailer.  I really hope they do all of this since Halo has been in the shadows for quite sometime, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Upvote (+1) 1