CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Batch and I vs. rank 1 in Doubles earlier... this gif sums up the entire game.

This gif sums up how I experienced the spawning system and Doubles.

eeae3a6a2cbe5f0036ef71df1ef5ec81.gif

Rekt  :kappa:

I refuse to put myself through that nightmare..

@@Batchford get rekt you shotgun camping fuck

edit:

but seriously...

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

People crouch in this Halo just as much as any other Halo with radar. You have to learn to anticipate where players crouch and be where LOS are good enough to prevent being crouched up on.

Nah I know people used to crouch lifts on Construct and shit like that. But dudes crouch out in the open in Warzone all the time, crouch walk catwalks on The Rig, crouch walk in Breakout (which puts you at a huge disadvantage)

Don't miss :D

Yea I don't get it. I swear more people crouch walk on H5 than any other Halo. I think its because the radar was bigger in other games you'd pick them up on radar before they even got to the place where they wanted to crouch walk.

I see people crouch walk out in the open all the time, even on Warzone. I don't get it. Do they think that's actually helping? I've never seen it this bad before.

Yea I've seen that shit too. It doesn't make sense at all.

EDIT: Maybe its because toggle crouch is on by default and they don't even realize they are crouched?

I think crouching reduces the spread on automatics. Same thing happened in Reach with the DMR/bloom.

I was about to put my head through a wall after that game, it was about time I got off.

There's literally no way to counter a storm rifle, and it's even further enabled by crouching. If you're too far, they escape and you don't have enough numbers/grenades to pressure or kill them, and if you're too close (and I mean like mid range, not even THAT close), that crap beats everything else. Forget about dealing with two dudes with storm rifles, or with storm rifle PLUS overshield. 2v2s and 1v1s will never be serious as long as this sort of stuff is possible.

This weapon is a distasteful joke at this point. You think "oh the AR is OP" well the storm rifle takes the AR and makes it its bitch. That's how plain overpowered it is... not that the AR is much better.

Tilted even thinking about it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

unless you have rockets or snipe them in the face or counter with a storm rifle of your own...you're dying 99.9% of the time against one close to mid range...

this game is a joke

What sucks is that I actually like Plaza as a map. It reminds me of map layouts from UT.

Something I'd like to see implemented is a weaker OS so that there's a secondary power up to control that spawns more often to force movement and allow come backs. Camo would be far too powerful on Plaza, however a 2nd OS would be really cool, it would work just like the Shield from UT or the Yellow Armour from Quake.

(For those that don't know Quake and UT have 2 different armour pick ups - The shield or yellow armour provides 50 armour and the super shield or red armour provide 100 shield. Basically in Halo this means you'd have an OS that provides one bar of shield and the super OS that provides 2 bars like it is currently).

So for example Super OS would stay in current location and then have another OS that spawns down the bottom of the map in a corner or something. Have OS spawn every 90 seconds and have Super OS spawn every 2 minutes. That means that if both power ups are picked up off spawn, roughly every 5 minutes both powerups will spawn together.

@@Sal1ent @@Deez plz

IDK that sounds kind of interesting to me but I rather have proper power item placement that actually promotes/encourages player movement. I know you like dynamic spawns but dynamic spawns in Halo don't promote/encourage player movement like static spawns do because most of the time only one team is aware of when the item is spawning. Static spawns for items on the map makes everything more consistent and balanced(everybody in the game is aware of when a power item is spawning so they have a fair chance to challenge for control of it.)

IMO what 343 needs to do is put power-ups on frequent static spawns and make power weapons spawn more frequently. To accommodate for power items being on frequent static spawns and to help balance the weapon sandbox 343 needs to make the pistol's TTK faster and reduce bullet magnetism/aim assist on the sniper rifle.

If you think camo would be too powerful on Plaza then how about a power item layout similar to Chill out on Halo CE? Where OS is on a one min static spawn but camo is on a two min static spawn like rockets are. Anyways that something that should be play tested to figure out what power item layout would work best for the map. Once forge comes out we need to test different power item layouts for every map and mess around with the power-up and power weapon timers.

Side note: I hope 343 listens to our feedback and makes appropriate changes to improve the game.

Oh man I dont even think ce pistol could have beat that, was he the only one shooting you?

Yes. 

I am still dumbfounded just looked at it. Changes need to happen, and they need to happen now.

My COD friends are the opposite. They hate Halo 4 and 5. They liked Halo 3 the best. They said Halo 4 and 5 doesn't feel like Halo lol.

But see, they know what Halo is and feels like. A lot of gamers only know what cod feels like. They're needy adolescent brains have been spoiled with the stimulation and instant gratification of being able to sprint when traversing a significant distance. So, even though it adds zero utility to the overall gameplay, because everyone has it at all times, people are used to the extra entertainment it offers. </endOfRant>

But see, they know what Halo is and feels like. A lot of gamers only know what cod feels like. They're needy adolescent brains have been spoiled with the stimulation and instant gratification of being able to sprint when traversing a significant distance. So, even though it adds zero utility to the overall gameplay, because everyone has it at all times, people are used to the extra entertainment it offers. </endOfRant>

I dont really buy into this. The over dilution of COD style mechanics is something that AAA devs have forced into other games because they over simplify their audience. If there was such a demand for it, games like Halo would have flourished with said mechanics.

COD 4 was a solid game that earned themselves a fan base, and they continued to add content, features and understand their audience more, delivering a product well appreciated by their core audience. Its not a case of instant gratification and all that. Halo delivered a product that their audience did not like, with reduced content, polish etc. Blaming "needy gamers" is letting game devs off lightly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes.

I am still dumbfounded just looked at it. Changes need to happen, and they need to happen now.

Was that the AR? Holy shit.

Was that the AR? Holy shit.

SMG, which is even worse considering it is supposed to be only used in POINT BLANK.

SMG, which is even worse considering it is supposed to be only used in POINT BLANK.

Whats disheartening is that the may not get changed because unlike 4, everyone on waypoint seems to equate equal starts as inherently balanced.

Damn I've never melted anyone with the SMG like that unless playing Breakout. Like your health disappeared in chunks.

xboxdvr.com/Batchford/c0ef4e08-2fbc-464d-aff5-509e271d93f1

Watch this and attempt to tell me that the current sandbox is fine and doesn't need changed. 

Halo is not about precision weapons and positioning anymore. Nope. It is about running around/crouching with automatics. What a shame.

jesus fuckin christ....

I have to say it....and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant or completely blind to what is happening;...but 343 isnt trying to make Halo anymore. Halo 5 has completely abandoned what made this franchise unique. It is now in  the real of COD/BF/TF/KZ where precision based  gameplay is an after thought and having gun skills is irrelevant. The same way I can spawn with an AR in COD and go to fuckin work is exactly how they designed halo 5. 

I cannot enjoy the way this game plays. I can play halo 4 and enjoy it to a certain extent...because the shooting aspect of the gameplay is still traditional halo.....This shit right here though....nope, this is not halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly don't think these maps are that bad this time around, empire, fathom, truth coliseum are good maps DEDPITE them(except for truth) having complex elements.

xboxdvr.com/Batchford/c0ef4e08-2fbc-464d-aff5-509e271d93f1

Watch this and attempt to tell me that the current sandbox is fine and doesn't need changed.

Halo is not about precision weapons and positioning anymore. Nope. It is about running around/crouching with automatics. What a shame.

Wow, that is a joke. One thing you could do to avoid that is you could ground pound him. Just a different way to do it :)