CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What's wrong with hectic maps?

Edit: also don't accidently follow this thread, I have 287 notifications now.

I was more talking about the design rather than the gameplay.

The maps are just overly confusing and complicated.

What about having radar back at it's original range but making it like the camo radar. (only appearing if shooting or using a SA) If 343 insists on having radar I think this could potentially work well. 

What about having radar back at it's original range but making it like the camo radar. (only appearing if shooting or using a SA) If 343 insists on having radar I think this could potentially work well. 

I don't want radar in any format in competitive halo. We have teammates for that. Keep radar in the social playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree. I just played 5 games. Won 3 and lost 2. All of them basically played out the same way.  Not a fan of h5 doubles. The automatics and radar (range) need to be addressed asap. I played Empire, Eden, Plaza and Truth and everyone but the last map felt like guardian/lockout doubles but 10 times worst in terms of gameplay. Plaza is the worst of them all. This map in doubles with h5's gameplay mechanics and features show why I dislike certain aspects f this game so much. The match literally revolved around who can camp that side building the most with their trusty automatic weapon. Disgusting. Radar is going to be campy, everyone knows this...but this new radar with it's short range and OP automatics = bad gameplay.

What sucks is that I actually like Plaza as a map. It reminds me of map layouts from UT.

Something I'd like to see implemented is a weaker OS so that there's a secondary power up to control that spawns more often to force movement and allow come backs. Camo would be far too powerful on Plaza, however a 2nd OS would be really cool, it would work just like the Shield from UT or the Yellow Armour from Quake.

(For those that don't know Quake and UT have 2 different armour pick ups - The shield or yellow armour provides 50 armour and the super shield or red armour provide 100 shield. Basically in Halo this means you'd have an OS that provides one bar of shield and the super OS that provides 2 bars like it is currently).

So for example Super OS would stay in current location and then have another OS that spawns down the bottom of the map in a corner or something. Have OS spawn every 90 seconds and have Super OS spawn every 2 minutes. That means that if both power ups are picked up off spawn, roughly every 5 minutes both powerups will spawn together.

@@Sal1ent @@Deez plz

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe I was watching people crouching around maps on the official stream yesterday.

That's the point where I turned the stream off. Just so boring to watch people see a dot on their radar and immediately crouching and just waiting for 30 seconds.

Yea I don't get it. I swear more people crouch walk on H5 than any other Halo. I think its because the radar was bigger in other games you'd pick them up on radar before they even got to the place where they wanted to crouch walk.

Yea I don't get it. I swear more people crouch walk on H5 than any other Halo. I think its because the radar was bigger in other games you'd pick them up on radar before they even got to the place where they wanted to crouch walk.

I see people crouch walk out in the open all the time, even on Warzone. I don't get it. Do they think that's actually helping? I've never seen it this bad before.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see people crouch walk out in the open all the time, even on Warzone. I don't get it. Do they think that's actually helping? I've never seen it this bad before.

Yea I've seen that shit too. It doesn't make sense at all.

EDIT: Maybe its because toggle crouch is on by default and they don't even realize they are crouched?

This is exactly why. This new radar is terrible. It only shows someone from really close range. It promotes way too much randomness and camping. You can easily hop into team doubles in a  previous title and know where to move around based on what the radar tells you. You can also predict player movement as well. With this new radar it's just a mess.

Wow. Just had a game of CTF where the score was 2-2 and I had the flag in hand for the final cap. I could see our base was just around the corner and all I had to do was beat one guy. So I drop the flag and kill the guy on the other team, but before I could pick up the flag, my teammate decided to pick it up and run the opposite way back to their base. WTF. I tried shooting at him but he just kept running it. He end up dying and the other team won 3-2, after our team was up 2-0. The only thing that stopped me from throwing my controller across the room was the fact that it was a $200 elite controller. I still can't believe what just went down............ :(

Reminds me a bit of this:

https://twitter.com/Bjergsen/status/664401441860116480

People crouch in this Halo just as much as any other Halo with radar. You have to learn to anticipate where players crouch and be where LOS are good enough to prevent being crouched up on.

But I agree that it shouldn't be in tournament settings. 343 wants the casual audience to see people play the same game they do. The casual audience don't watch tournament play. They probably couldn't even name a single pro. They would rather watch some obnoxious teenager open req packs. Therefore, there is no reason to have radar in Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is exactly why. This new radar is terrible. It only shows someone from really close range. It promotes way too much randomness and camping. You can asily hop into team doubles in a  previous title and no where to move around based on what the radar tells you. You can also predict player movement as well. With this new radar it's just a mess,

I believe the design decision to implement radar was introduced to ease the path from non-competitive environments to competitive ones. But I think after playing many hours of Halo 5 that even reducing the radar down to 18 meters has created more problems than it has solved by scaling it down. Having radar at 18 meters has reduced its viability in longer ranges and increased the abusive power crouching around corners. Because people can't see you pushing up to a hiding spot like the shotgun spawn at a mere 18 meters but you can still watch people approach your vicinity more easily than ever because they rely on it. It creates more conflict than it resolves. Crouching was never a problem without radar because it was redundant and didn't mask your motion. I think it definitely needs to be removed and will speed up the gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Pyroteq

I agree that the magnum is too weak, and doubles highlights this all too well. I hate saying this but in doubles power weapons spawn too fast, because your starting weapon cannot compete. I was watching some random streams, and all I see is power weapons ever single engagement. Some guy with 15 railgun kills because every two minutes 6 more fucking shots spawn. This would be fine if the railgun wasn't so easy. Then you have Eden with rockets every two minutes.

Anyway doubles is so snowbally. Unfortunately the magnum will never be buffed. Ironically waypoint is full of ******* that think the magnum is too strong. ://

@@Pyroteq

I agree that the magnum is too weak, and doubles highlights this all too well. I hate saying this but in doubles power weapons spawn too fast, because your starting weapon cannot compete. I was watching some random streams, and all I see is power weapons ever single engagement. Some guy with 15 railgun kills because every two minutes 6 more fucking shots spawn. This would be fine if the railgun wasn't so easy. Then you have Eden with rockets every two minutes.

Anyway doubles is so snowbally. Unfortunately the magnum will never be buffed. Ironically waypoint is full of ******* that think the magnum is too strong. ://

we dont need longer timers bro....the game isnt about who can out pistol who the most for 5 mins at a time...we need a stronger pistol, that's the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

we dont need longer timers bro....the game isnt about who can out pistol who the most for 5 mins at a time...we need a stronger pistol, that's the issue.

That's what I said :). I just am aware that 343 will never buff the pistol. It just isn't gonna happen.

We should rename Team Doubles to Team Storm Rifle. This shit is out of control.

I will be typing up a constructive post detailing changes that need to be executed. Be on the lookout. This shit is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really don't understand I get GOLD in Breakout, it's easily my worst playlist in the entire game. I just cannot adapt to the fact it has rifles and only one grenade. Maybe... One grenade, pistol-only?

@@Sal1ent Breakout could be so much more fun with the right tweaks. 

Doubles needs to ditch the automatics. I cannot keep getting rushed like this with AR's.

Yup, it's gotten to the point where I despise automatics more than the sniper.

AR, storm rifle, SMG all ruin the shooting skill gap. Most precision weapons don't even come close to being able to compete. It's infuriating at times.

Doubles helped this issue shine. It needs to change.

Swat in this game is ridiculously bad. Well, its mostly the spawn system. Instant spawn is bad enough but then the places you spawn is crazy.

Spawning mid map. Teams getting spilt spawns all over the map, spawning beside your team mate who's in the middle of the battle.

I honestly dont think they even made a spawn system. Just threw down some spawn points randomly and thats that.

They weighting is bad. Its nearly always swatnums. Trading kills happens nearly every time. Its so annoying 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if they really need to tone back on the weapons sprinkled across the map and the speed they respawn or if radar's exclusion would fix the problems with camping corners with shotgun, scattershot, AR, SMG or Storm rifle. Probably both.

I honestly cannot remember the beta having this problem.

We should rename Team Doubles to Team Storm Rifle. This shit is out of control.

I will be typing up a constructive posts detailing changes that need to be executed. Be on the lookout. This shit is ridiculous.

LOL

I knew the storm rifle was super saiyan OP the first day I played h5. I was waiting for it to annoy the fuck out of everyone and it's finally rearing it;s ugly head. 343 needs to review their weapon balancing asap...

Swat in this game is ridiculously bad. Well, its mostly the spawn system. Instant spawn is bad enough but then the places you spawn is crazy.

Spawning mid map. Teams getting spilt spawns all over the map, spawning beside your team mate who's in the middle of the battle.

I honestly dont think they even made a spawn system. Just threw down some spawn points randomly and thats that.

They weighting is bad. Its nearly always swatnums. Trading kills happens nearly every time. Its so annoying 

Played SWAT yesterday won most but its the biggest headache ever.  2 and 3 minute games its way to fast.