CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

We're looking at a bunch of feedback like this and planning a series of improvements that will happen over time. It all gets stack ranked and prioritized, but bottom line is we will keep making tweaks (both subtle and more substantial) to improve all aspects of the experience, including the UI experience. Thank you and please keep the feedback coming.

I doubt if you respond to this. However, I would like to hear your stance on all on Arena matches being ranked. Don't get me wrong, Having ranked playlist is a good idea. However, having just 2 unranked playlist being the Warzone playlists, I find that having no Social Playlists in Arena to be a major problem. When it came to Halo 4, it was made clear that you we're aiming at the casual audience, and not as much as the competitive side. In Halo 5 however, I find the problem to be the same but swapped.

In my opinion, I feel that Halo 5's playlists should be more like Halo 3's. You had Ranked and Social. There was something for everyone in Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

In my opinion, I feel that Halo 5's playlists should be more like Halo 3's. You had Ranked and Social. There was something for everyone in Halo 3.

Totally agree.

Man, I really like the ost in this game, a lot of the tracks sound familiar in style compared to the originals, while others seem more like they continue the trend set by halo 4, overall I like the mix.

Does anyone get the color coding with armor and helmet sets in Halo 5? The red and blue mix seems really random, past making things different for the sake of it.

VzKD5bM.jpg

Does anyone get the color coding with armor and helmet sets in Halo 5? The red and blue mix seems really random, past making things different for the sake of it.

VzKD5bM.jpg

Immersion? Maybe different colors make certain features or pattern on armor stand out more or something

Could you elaborate on the bolded? I personally don't think that shooting with the thrusters would be particularly game-changing given the short duration (although I'd still prefer it), but I fail to see how it could actually cause any problems.

It'd be a massive buff to automatics and several power weapons. I have a pretty big list, but here's the basic numbers explanation:

1. Automatics (AR / SMG / Needler / Storm Rifle / Suppressor) rely on being able to unleash a steady stream of fire to a target. Due to their high fire rates, they're inefficient to use with thrust.

For instance, the SMG can fire once every ~0.067 seconds and it takes 15 rounds to kill a player. Its kill time clocks in at ~0.93 seconds. The thrust delay is 0.4 seconds. In the time the animation takes to end, you could have fired 6 shots, increasing its kill time to ~1.34 seconds. The TTK increase is over 40%.

2. At the moment, most of the precision weapons benefit from having a thrust delay.

Let's look at the Magnum. It can fire once every 0.3 seconds and it takes 5 shots to kill a player, while its kill time clocks in at 1.2 seconds. Assuming that you thrust right after firing, its kill time rises to 1.3 seconds, or an 8.3% change.

Now let's look at the Light Rifle. It can fire once every 0.4 seconds and it takes 4 rounds to kill a player, while its kill time clocks in at 1.2 seconds. Assuming that you thrust right after firing, its kill time remains at 1.2 seconds. In other words, there's a 0% change.

3. Due to these two reasons, thrusting acts as a type of balance to automatic weapons in duels. Without that delay, they would certainly dominate close-ranged duels. As it stands, the SMG and the Storm Rifle are good places, we don't need them to be any stronger.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is this menu new? It never looked like this until my most recent game just a few minutes ago.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Playing my placement games in doubles. Me and my partner win 8 or 9 games and he does significantly better than me in KD and yet I get placed in onyx and he gets diamond. Placement games really don't make much sense to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing my placement games in doubles. Me and my partner win 8 or 9 games and he does significantly better than me in KD and yet I get placed in onyx and he gets diamond. Placement games really don't make much sense to me.

Were there objective matches where you capped/returned more flags or captured more stronghold areas? Maybe it takes into effect damage dealt or assists or perfect kills? 

I agree it would be nice to know EXACTLY what goes into the ranking system and how much weight it has.

Were there objective matches where you capped/returned more flags or captured more stronghold areas? Maybe it takes into effect damage dealt or assists or perfect kills?

I agree it would be nice to know EXACTLY what goes into the ranking system and how much weight it has.

Doubles is slayer only it seems like. I would just like to know exactly how placements work.

any word on whether or not FFA is going to remain the trashy joke that it is? how soon are they gonna fix this comical garbage?

Anyone else take issue with the spawning for TS on Fathom? It seems that unless you allocated most of your team's focus to locking down both sides of the top bridge, the opposing team will just spawn in their base corners or near Tree-House and bum-rush you. I know this isn't THAT big of an issue, but I find it damned annoying.

Ok, about to rant here, but before I do...

Does anyone else have sore eyes after playing this game? 343 said they were going to fix the lighting after the beta but it's still horrific. On Empire looking from balcony to the Blue base is like having fireworks go off directly in your eye balls. The screen goes from blinding light to pitch black with glare all over the place.

Right now I'm taking a break from playing team doubles because my eyes are legit sore from the amount of glare and shit all over the screen. I asked my brother if he noticed it and he said the exact same thing, so surely I'm not the only one here that thinks the lights still need to be toned down.

On one particular area I actually had light beaming off my SMG out of nowhere casting a giant light ray over half my screen... FFS 343, this isn't how light works. I know you want to show off your latest bloom technology, but let me turn it off or something so I can play the game for a few hours without getting a headache.

Now for incoming game mechanics rant:

2v2 seriously highlights issues with this game. 4v4 it's not so bad because of team shooting, but when you're more likely to get into 1v1 fights the game really shows a lot of flaws.

The magnum is atrocious.

Enemy picks up OS?

Have fun emptying AN ENTIRE MAGAZINE PLUS 4 MORE BULLETS AFTER FUCKING RELOADING. It's bad in 2v2, but holy shit, could you imagine how OP it would be in 1v1?

Everyone advocating for the magnum, please, go play Halo 1 and take notes.

Notice how you can get 4 kills in a single magazine?

Notice how you can kill an OS guy without reloading?

Right now if you run into an OS guy on Plaza you're dead. The limited LOS means you can't expect help from your team mate and it takes so fucking long to kill them unless you have a power weapon you might as well run away from them and wait for it to drain.

The auto weapons are ridiculously powerful, especially with radar. A team with a lead can just choose a hiding spot, watch their radar and enjoy 0.001 kill times with the SMG.

The magnum is completely out classed by every other rifle in the game. Not only do you have to worry about your opponents controlling power weapons and power ups, but then you've also got to worry about spawning with a magnum into BR's, Carbines, Light Rifles and DMR's.

Anyone that says "Just remove BR's, etc from the map". Ok, congrats, now we're left with no long range options except for the Sniper Rifle. We need a utility weapon that is threatening at long range as well as mid range. The magnum is NOT that weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doubles is really weird in this game IMO. Plays really slow and boring so far, PWs are ridiculously strong in 2s at least in Onyx/Champ play. Getting OS is super strong and Sniper is ridiculously powerful. The less enemies make the threat against sniper much weaker if you ask me. Rail is really easy to use as well.

how is the radar+ar combo in doubles?

Radar+Any auto in doubles is everywhere. Oh and radar+crouch+Shotgun combo on Eden for days. 

Yeah... Doubles is awful. Autos are just ridiculous in this game along with the Power Weapons being ridiculously easy. Combine that with Radar...

Yeah... Doubles is awful. Autos are just ridiculous in this game along with the Power Weapons being ridiculously easy. Combine that with Radar...

watching hysteria mow ppl down left and right with the storm rifle right now....yea, this bad...real bad. Seems like doubles is exposing this game right now. I was really looking forward to dubs too.

Thats why we will never get a custom game browser.

Null parameter, the admin of the forging forum around during H3 called xforgery recently has come back and made a new forge forum. The guy is a programming genius and loves doing projects.

Anyway, he's actually in the process of making a working server browser for H5. No I'm not kidding, the site is forge.world but it's not up yet. I'll make a thread here when it goes live :)

• Upvote (+1) 2