CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Empire FFA might be the worst game type in the game.

Is this shit tested or do they toss whatever they feel like in these playlists?

If I get storm rifled one more time I'm seriously going to lose my shit.

Was there supposed to be mcc news in the new update or is this as classless as It seems jay

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Coming from a Brink and Dirty Bomb player, I really don't think that wall jumping would work in Halo, and there's a lot of problems with a thruster that alllows shooting.

Could you elaborate on the bolded? I personally don't think that shooting with the thrusters would be particularly game-changing given the short duration (although I'd still prefer it), but I fail to see how it could actually cause any problems.

Could you elaborate on the bolded? I personally don't think that shooting with the thrusters would be particularly game-changing given the short duration (although I'd still prefer it), but I fail to see how it could actually cause any problems.

well wall jumping works if it's either tied to a finite meter, or if it's limited to one or kicks, with thrust kill times wouldn't be as extrapolated, and more people would use them in fights because they wouldn't be defenseless, skill gap would be increased, of course we would still need to lessen the range, and it being a simplistic button press needs to be done away with as well so as to not encourage mindless use like it currently does.

Do people still not realize you can shoot 2/3 into the thrusting animation (which lasts about 0.5-0.6 seconds) or are all the people bringing it up not testing out things/not owning the game?  <_<

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you ever invited people to play Halo that have only played cod?

"Omg why can't you run this is so dumb."

"Wtf where is the run button."

"You have to walk everywhere wtf."

I don't like it, but I highly doubt it's going anywhere.

My COD friends are the opposite. They hate Halo 4 and 5. They liked Halo 3 the best. They said Halo 4 and 5 doesn't feel like Halo lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

watching Kampy play in an MLG FFA ... BR/pistol starts is waaaaaaaaaay more fun to watch than AR/pistol starts, though arguably it's less competitive?

http://www.twitch.tv/kampyvids

Arguably? This is fact. BR is less competitive. But in terms of the current sandbox and the definition of a "utility weapon" the BR is more fit than the pistol.

Do people still not realize you can shoot 2/3 into the thrusting animation (which lasts about 0.5-0.6 seconds) or are all the people bringing it up not testing out things/not owning the game?  <_<

it's not enough, and it's certainly not as intuitive.

watching Kampy play in an MLG FFA ... BR/pistol starts is waaaaaaaaaay more fun to watch than AR/pistol starts, though arguably it's less competitive?

Kampy's BR game is too strong. I'd love to see some DMR starts.

it's not enough, and it's certainly not as intuitive.

Do you not see the irony in calling thrusters "a simple press of a button" yet claiming shooting out of it isn't intuitive enough?

Just practice it further or find a button scheme that gives you the most of it instead of changing the game around what you can or can't master... kind of like how people switched to bumper jumper because aiming while jumping was too hard (or people just couldn't claw).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was there supposed to be mcc news in the new update or is this as classless as It seems jay

No MCC news lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you not see the irony in calling thrusters "a simple press of a button" yet claiming shooting out of it isn't intuitive enough?

Just practice it further or find a button scheme that gives you the most of it instead of changing the game around what you can or can't master... kind of like how people switched to bumper jumper because aiming while jumping was too hard (or people just couldn't claw).

im talking specifically in the shooting function, the gun going down and being able to shoot at the tail end of the animation isn't as good being able to shoot continuously all the way through, the fact that gun even goes down gives players the idea that they can't shoot until the thing stops, encouraging more defensive uses.

It being a button press is a bigger issue with it though, as is its range, the shooting delay is like the 3rd or 4th thing wrong with it.

I won't lie, my true biggest complaint ("Complaint") about Halo 5, isn't about the gameplay, abilities, weapons or anything. It's how things like armor suits/helmets are organized in the UI. I REALLY wish 343i would've gone with a Reach-esque format, where you have the base armor variant, be it Scout, Protector, Gungnir, Air Assault, etc, then when you click on it, it'd give you a drop down list, with the base option, and all the other variants you unlocked, while showing a grayed out area, for each you hadn't unlocked yet. I can't complain about the number of armor sets we got, on top of skin variants (Seriously, well done, 343i), but I hate having to sift through 30 or so sets, just to reach one helmet. This'll only grow more tedious as I get more armor as well (Currently at around 95).

xDuCUCU.png

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly they need to get rid of every gun that isn't the Pistol. This Rock Paper Scissors gameplay is just annoying. ARs are dumb and uncompetitive, I honestly don't see why so many people here like it so much and want to start with it. The BR/DMR/LR just destroy the Pistol and are easy as fuck to use in comparison. Pistol only starts please. I missed it when everybody was equal and if you lost a gun battle it was your fault not because somebody had a gun that outclassed yours.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im talking specifically in the shooting function, the gun going down and being able to shoot at the tail end of the animation isn't as good being able to shoot continuously all the way through, the fact that gun even goes down gives players the idea that they can't shoot until the thing stops, encouraging more defensive uses.

It being a button press is a bigger issue with it though, as is its range, the shooting delay is like the 3rd or 4th thing wrong with it.

It doesn't matter what idea it gives people... fact is that you can shoot your weapon before the animation ends. It's there and you choose to use it or not to. There wasn't an indication that you could backpack reload in CE or BXR in H2, yet people still used it. That's not an argument at all.

And I doubt people could master shooting while thrusting if they can't even seem to master shooting at the end of the animation. Personally, I think it's hard enough as it is.

You want to change the range, but it wouldn't make a difference. People will just reduce the gap between them and cover to make sure thrusters can cover that distance and it would keep the same defensive ability as it does now. It wouldn't make the difference you think it would, EXCEPT impact how much you can throw off people using ARs or shotguns, which would in fact reduce the skill gap and how hard you can juke people crouching/camping around corners.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There supposed to be MCC news in all the updates. The classless thing is how they pretend it doesn't exist.

Pestering the community manager for postponing an update because of the tragedy going on in Paris that may or may not have news regarding a fucking video game is classless. Period.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Pestering the community manager for postponing an update because of the tragedy going on in Paris that may or may not have news regarding a fucking video game is classless. Period.

Who the fuck said anything about the terror attack?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It doesn't matter what idea it gives people... fact is that you can shoot your weapon before the animation ends. It's there and you choose to use it or not to. There wasn't an indication that you could backpack reload in CE or BXR in H2, yet people still used it. That's not an argument at all.

And I doubt people could master shooting while thrusting if they can't even seem to master shooting at the end of the animation. Personally, I think it's hard enough as it is.

You want to change the range, but it wouldn't make a difference. People will just reduce the gap between them and cover to make sure thrusters can cover that distance and it would keep the same defensive ability as it does now. It wouldn't make the difference you think it would, EXCEPT impact how much you can throw off people using ARs or shotguns, which would in fact reduce the skill gap and how hard you can juke people crouching/camping around corners.

thats exactly what you want, why would allow players to be so far from cover and still allow them to get behind it? That's way too forgiving, and being able to shoot would not ha e to be overly difficult, aim assist can be tweaked slightly, or speed can be adjusted, I don't see any detriment to shooting, it would shorten engagements on higher levels, which is exactly what we want.

And something like backpack reloading isn't comparable to thrust because there aren't detrimental misuses like there are for thruster, if people even feel defenseless most of the time they will play defensive, something we don't want.

Who the fuck said anything about the terror attack?

Alright, lets calm down. I don't think any one was talking about that and it has no place here for discussion.