CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I honestly think a "classic" playlist is just as likely as a no-sprint playlist, or possibly even more likely.

If this ever were to happen, I would pray to god that 343 wouldn't handle settings/map development on their own. I strongly believe they aren't competent enough to create "classic" settings.

They should hand off settings development responsibilities for such a playlist to a proven individual/group such as the GoldPro team, much like how ghost was given administration over H4's throwdown playlist settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm about half-way though the campaign and some of the environments are amazing looking. Why can't we have MP levels with those themes?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm about half-way though the campaign and some of the environments are amazing looking. Why can't we have MP levels with those themes?

Wait until you are at the Sangheilios arc, it's phenomenal.

Wait until you are at the Sangheilios arc, it's phenomenal.

Nighttime Sanghelios is life. Seriously, I've never been so in love with a level's design before. Genesis is also insanely beautiful. Probably my favorite area.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I could see a classic playlist working its way in as a weekend playlist. It'll be up to us to make sure it gets voted enough times and played enough to make it permanent.

I can see it now. The front page of /r/halo. "Team Classic changed my opinion about no sprint", "I think Halo 5 works pretty well without sprint"... So beautiful

Honestly, there's really no way sprint could continue as is if we ever get a custom game browser in a Halo game. I could see a good 25%+ of the options as NS customs on such a list. That would be the optimal Halo.

Nighttime Sanghelios is life. Seriously, I've never been so in love with a level's design before. Genesis is also insanely beautiful. Probably my favorite area.

Sunaion is fucking gorgeous but Genesis has the same fake, candy esque aesthetic that Requiem had in H4 that I hated.

Why is the AR a part of the sandbox? It fills no role that the plasma rifle and SMG do not except for being really easy to use.

Played Pistola on dubz earlier and got absolutely destroyed tho.

Sunaion is fucking gorgeous but Genesis has the same fake, candy esque aesthetic that Requiem had in H4 that I hated.

Give me a Sunaion and Sangehelios rocky map, pleaseeeeee.

Oh, and something purple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can see it now. The front page of /r/halo. "Team Classic changed my opinion about no sprint", "I think Halo 5 works pretty well without sprint"... So beautiful

Honestly, there's really no way sprint could continue as is if we ever get a custom game browser in a Halo game. I could see a good 25%+ of the options as NS customs on such a list. That would be the optimal Halo.

Thats why we will never get a custom game browser.

Empire FFA might be the worst game type in the game.

Is this shit tested or do they toss whatever they feel like in these playlists?

You have the same fake, candy-esque aesthetic that Requiem had in H4 that I hated. >:c

• Upvote (+1) 2

The way abilities were handled in this game makes me sad, so much lost potential to inject more skill into what halo is.

Speaking of Requiem and Geneis, anyone else feel like 343 would have had us return to Requiem instead of some brand new Forerunner planet if Reed hadn't thrown the whole thing into the sun?

Also, not going to lie, I can't help but think that Halo 5's story had gone through several rewrites before we were given the finished product. Like, in the Next 72 Hours comics, which were written by Halo 5's lead writer, Brian Reed, the Didact is composed, which of course means he had been turned into a digital being. The reason why I think this is relevant is because it certainly feels like the Didact would have been a better fit as Halo 5's villain than Cortana. Like, if Cortana is only planning on killing those that resist, then why does she have an entire army of Prometheans trying to wipe out every single human on Meridian? ESPECIALLY when the AI leader of Meridian Station has sworn loyalty to her?

Speaking of Requiem and Geneis, anyone else feel like 343 would have had us return to Requiem instead of some brand new Forerunner planet if Reed hadn't thrown the whole thing into the sun?

that was so dumb, but genesis just looked amazing to me, the second blue team level might have been my favorite for its mix of tight but vertical combat, with open terrain, the art was also really nice to look at.

The way abilities were handled in this game makes me sad, so much lost potential to inject more skill into what halo is.

Oh you wanted a skillful wall kick instead of hold-A-to-win clamber? You thought thruster would allow shooting during use? That's cute

Anyone else think the personal score in Warzone is pretty crap?

I wrote this down half way through a game:

Me: 15 kills - 350 points

Random guy: 3 kills / 1 boss take down - 480 points

Uh, WTF? How is someone so bad that they only have 3 kills after more than 5 minutes and a single boss kill has given them 130 points above me despite having 12 kills less than me? It's not like he beat one of the huge bosses either, this was only half way through the game before any of the major ones had spawned.

I'm all for rewarding players for completing objectives, but talk about handing out attendance medals...

And yeah, you could make the argument that Warzone is all about objectives, but the only reason this guy was able to get these boss kills in the first place is because I was actually killing people instead of staring at a respawn screen for half the game being completely useless.

If I'm on Array during Warzone and the situation is absolutely hopeless I just do a marathon around the map. Most effective way to prevent deaths.

If I'm on Array during Warzone and the situation is absolutely hopeless I just do a marathon around the map. Most effective way to prevent deaths.

Just precap the Armory if you're running out of time.

You have the same fake, candy-esque aesthetic that Requiem had in H4 that I hated. >:c

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh you wanted a skillful wall kick instead of hold-A-to-win clamber? You thought thruster would allow shooting during use? That's cute

and you know when a cheerleader for abilities like myself thinks the current set is sub par, you did something wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Coming from a Brink and Dirty Bomb player, I really don't think that wall jumping would work in Halo, and there's a lot of problems with a thruster that alllows shooting.