CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So you want the BR/DMR/Light Rifle and Carbine all losing to SMG spam despite taking far more skill? Yeah, no thanks.

I never said that. ._. If you kept the three rifles at their current power as they are, with the same going for automatics and solely buffed the Magnum, you'd have a viable weapon off spawn, compared to the easier to use rifles. Those easier to use rifles in their current state, can easily take down automatics and can compete against the Magnum, without having an outright advantage over them in terms of overall damage or ease of use, as they generally do now. That's basically what I ranted about. NEVER said I wanted any type of rifle losing to automatics by default. That's just broken logic.

Out of everyone that has done a Season Pass, DICE is probably the best in terms of content.

Except I'll bet my bottom dollar said content in the "Season's Pass" was meant to be in the base game and was solely sectioned off for financial gain (PROBABLY by EA, but you never know). That's just a hunch; but it'd make a little sense, much like Destiny's content being sectioned off for DLC purposes. 

Hearing Doubles is out?

Someone on the internet lied, who does that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think halo 5 is decent, and Arena is fun but there just isnt enough content to keep me playing. When halo 3 came out, i was oblivious to any games that came out for 3 years.

Still waiting on that MCC spectator layout that was apparently scrapped. I'm surprised they didn't use it for H5. I mean.. it looked fairly completed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still waiting on that MCC spectator layout that was apparently scrapped. I'm surprised they didn't use it for H5. I mean.. it looked fairly completed.

It wasn't ever a real thing, only a concept. 

It wasn't ever a real thing, only a concept.

I could have sworn there was footage of it? Or maybe it was just a screenshot.

I could have sworn there was footage of it? Or maybe it was just a screenshot.

Yeah, there's footage of it but it was only a concept. It was never fully created and implemented.

Whats with the crazy screen blur when taking the coliseum lift? I've never used it.

I have always enjoyed playing CoD games over teamshot Halo because even if the games are somewhat incoherent by their nature and not necessarily skillful (in a holistic sense), they are FAR less stressful experiences - especially when solo - because I still feel like I can walk around a map and get results based on my own personal merit.

@a TB 303 gets negged for enjoying blops.

@CursedLemon gets plus'd for agreeing.

How does that work?

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's leaked numbers from someone with NDP access over on neoGaf. Confirmed by the mods in the sales thread.

Halo 5 sold 935k copies retail in the US, that includes the copies in bundles (even though they're digital).

No word on digital sales - judging previous games though it's likely around 20% of retail and would be a minor miracle if it was north of 25%.

Seeing as US is usually 75% if the Halo market... these numbers are terrible.

The number included bundles too, yikes. If we're looking at the sales by Halo standards it basically flopped.

halo will probably become niche, not a bad thing in my opinion.

You don't think Halo already became niche?

The number included bundles too, yikes. If we're looking at the sales by Halo standards it basically flopped.

didn't include digital though, and when everybody owns a machine that can get digital that's a pretty important stat to track.

You don't think Halo already became niche?

i do personally, and i think they need to keep making it more arena focused.

i cant stand games made for the masses anymore. cant appease everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats with the crazy screen blur when taking the coliseum lift? I've never used it.

That's there while using any lift, I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

dude, my mouth dropped for a sec, cause i read that as the other n word...

holy shii

That's the joke.

• Upvote (+1) 8

i do personally, and i think they need to keep making it more arena focused.

i cant stand games made for the masses anymore. cant appease everyone.

Actually a fair point. I'd love to see this game succeed but I played COD4 Promod until it died and I'll do the same with Halo.