CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

People don't nitpick every single little thing they can find about Call of Duty.

People want something to bitch about. Halo 5 is a huge technical achievement for what they were working with.

No, what I meant is that MW2 was able to be a 60 FPS game with split screen capability on a last-generation console, so I don't understand why H5 can't do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, what I meant is that MW2 was able to be a 60 FPS game with split screen capability on a last-generation console, so I don't understand why H5 can't do it.

Because the Xbox Ones performance capabilities suck ass
  • Upvote (+1) 3

hasn't cod always had way less resources at play than halo?

Doesn't 343 put way more effort into actual graphics and design vs any cod

That idea is hardly worth talking about since it will never happen. Sorry, man. It's good, but far too ambitious for 343.

Oh undoubtedly. Still thought Waypoint should know which ideas they're missing out on.

Oh undoubtedly. Still thought Waypoint should know which ideas they're missing out on.

Waypoint knowing what they are missing out on? They are a people born of being staticly contempt with what 343i has wrought upon them. They know not of any concept of "missing out".

Waypoint knowing what they are missing out on? They are a people born of being staticly contempt with what 343i has wrought upon them. They know not of any concept of "missing out".

? Not sure I follow. Waypoint can feel like a hivemind of apologists supporting otherwise indefensible positions and crafting some freaking weird narratives to support their tunnel-visioned ideas. I wouldn't call it static contempt, per se. "Blind," "Bottom Feeding" and "Suffering from Stockholm Syndrome," come to mind, however.

Every now and then though, there's a glimpse of brilliance as the individual zombies walk out of step with the rest of the herd and come to grips with what they've been lied to about. I've triggered about 1488 of those moments, approaching rank ODST on that forum. Not exactly proud.

Doesn't 343 put way more effort into actual graphics and design vs any cod

You know what I'm going to say to that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was just watching Muggsy's H5 Beta tage and it's crazy how much better the medals were in beta.

Accidental neg.

? Not sure I follow. Waypoint can feel like a hivemind of apologists supporting otherwise indefensible positions and crafting some freaking weird narratives to support their tunnel-visioned ideas. I wouldn't call it static contempt, per se. "Blind," "Bottom Feeding" and "Suffering from Stockholm Syndrome," come to mind, however.

Every now and then though, there's a glimpse of brilliance as the individual zombies walk out of step with the rest of the herd and come to grips with what they've been lied to about. I've triggered about 1488 of those moments, approaching rank ODST on that forum. Not exactly proud.

There is a lot more blind hatred there. r/halo is the apologists. Waypoint is just a bunch of idiots.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So I was playing with some friends last night and a friend of a friend jumps in and we end up getting slayer.  He bitches the whole time and at the end says "warzone is the only game mode that takes any skill fuck this arena crap" and I was dumbfounded, literally speechless, he ranted a bit more and left.  It's not only 343 that's the problem it's gamers like that.

Hope that doesn't count as developer bashing don't ban me moa.

edit** these gamercards like the one in my sig, do they get updated?  The old ones used to.  If I make a new one it shows updated stats but this one is old.  And if I try to link an updated one it still shows this one.  Weird.

Call of Duty games ran at an upscaled resolution from something like 600p.

Who else has abstained from buying this game?

I haven't even had the desire to buy it yet. I did think about it when I saw Walshy play one game on a City map (i obviously don't know the names of maps because I don't have the game to learn them lol) It looked cool, but that is only because it reminded me of a level I played on in Toxikk. Other than that, no real desire to touch H5 yet. I do have a few friends who bought it who haven't played xbox in a long while, so I might pick it up just to play with them, but my xbox time has become almost non-existent due to the lack of games I'm interested in.

The only weapon I really enjoy using in this is the pistol, its the only one that feels rewarding to get kills with.

Back in my day, they were on 343i's..... lap. Oh how times have changed.

With a ton of dirty practices behind it, on top of a true lack of content, depth, or anything that made the original Battlefronts fun, or addicting, before it. (Also, gotta love that 60$ Season's Pass, right?)

Out of everyone that has done a Season Pass, DICE is probably the best in terms of content. 

Back in my day, they were on 343i's..... lap. Oh how times have changed.

That was more because they were a new developer, not because of their direction of the series. B.net/Waypoint hasn't changed a bit.

I personally think COD textures suck ass, and that Halo's far exceed.  But Halo has got some serious jaggies.  It's so painful to look at.  At least for a 4k PC gamer like myself

The only weapon I really enjoy using in this is the pistol, its the only one that feels rewarding to get kills with.

When I get kills with the plasma caster it's like winning the lottery