CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What is up with the ridiculous amount of aim assist in these games this year? I've never had to fight my reticle this much in my entire life. Halo 5 has this ridiculous circle that slows your reticle down WAAAAY before you even try and hit a guy. Real competitive. And Blops 3 has massive aim assist to the point where if someone is head-glitching your reticle will pull towards their stomach so you can't even hit them. Hell aim assist even pulls your reticle when someone goes behind a wall making holding down a door a pain in the ass. I just don't understand why this is happening now. We are supposed to be all about E-sports! What the fuck is going on? As console E-sports we already get laughed at enough by PC master race guys and now we have even easier games. And don't even get me started on the magnetism in this game it's just absurd. Well let's hope we get a new aiming system entirely because this one just feels awful. Rant over (for now).

Remember this is Halo for the handicap.  KSI N00b343223 and his rest of the KSI to3 will get perfect kills on you with the pistol and mow you down with ARs and Storm Rifles.  Try to strafe? Nah bullets just bend even when the reticule isn't even on you.  Some of the people I've lost to in this game....because I go in solo;  It's honestly a joke.  The people you easily pummel in previous Halo games, are starting to be able to kill you and win? Why you ask?  I have really no idea.  And it frustrates me to point of breaking my game in half and never playing another "Halo" again.

I've played Halo for over 10+ years, went to tons of local tournaments, played against pros/with pros online (like most of us in here) and now some random people with numbers in their GT that play general fps's can out shoot me and win?  The only thing I have over them is map positioning and timing weapons now I guess, welp can't time the weapons anymore the game does that for you.  What about knowing where they will spawn?  Can't really do that either because of everyone is sprinting off spawn and thrustering around when they get in a tough spot.  Might as well just throw everything I've learned out the window and the hours upon hours of practice of trying to perfect my shot and map movement. I'll just sprint around with a storm rifle, spartan charge, ground pount everyone and see how it goes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What i don't understand are people how complain about Halo turning into a modern day shooter/CoD version of Halo but seem to be proud supporters of CoD...

Do you guys really believe making CoD even more succesfull will rise our chances to get a traditional Halo again?

When is doubles going live? I now EU is not actually 343's target audience but I'd like to get some games done before I have to leave for the weekend...

Remember this is Halo for the handicap.  KSI N00b343223 and his rest of the KSI to3 will get perfect kills on you with the pistol and mow you down with ARs and Storm Rifles.  Try to strafe? Nah bullets just bend even when the reticule isn't even on you.  Some of the people I've lost to in this game....because I go in solo;  It's honestly a joke.  The people you easily pummel in previous Halo games, are starting to be able to kill you and win? Why you ask you ask?  I have really no idea.  And it frustrates me to point of breaking my game in half and never playing another "Halo" again.

I've played Halo for over 10+ years, went to tons of local tournaments, played against pros/with pros online (like most of us in here) and now some random people with numbers in their GT that play general fps's can out shoot me and win?  The only thing I have over them is map positioning and timing weapons now I guess, welp can't time the weapons anymore the game does that for you.  What about knowing where they will spawn?  Can't really do that either because of everyone is sprinting off spawn and thrustering around when they get in a tough spot.  Might as well just throw everything I've learned out the window and the hours upon hours of practice of trying to perfect my shot and map movement. I'll just sprint around with a storm rifle, spartan charge, ground pount everyone and see how it goes.

I agree with everything except with you moaning about the game timing weapons. Timing weapons isn't a skill. Each team should know when weapons are going up.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What i don't understand are people how complain about Halo turning into a modern day shooter/CoD version of Halo but seem to be proud supporters of CoD...

Do you guys really believe making CoD even more succesfull will rise our chances to get a traditional Halo again?

When is doubles going live? I now EU is not actually 343's target audience but I'd like to get some games done before I have to leave for the weekend...

I also don't understand that. The more successful COD is, more likely other shooters (including Halo) will be inspired by it.

I agree with everything except with you moaning about the game timing weapons. Timing weapons isn't a skill. Each team should know when weapons are going up.

I'll disagree with that a little bit. Big part of Halo 3 was 'delaying' weapons (as in picking them up as they fall at their usual time). The weapons would spawn at a set time if someone never picks them up as they fall, but if the weapon was picked up as it fell, the timer for the next weapon would not begin until that weapon was sitting still on the map for a couple seconds (don't know/remember the exact length). This became a big part of the game as people could intentionally delay weapons so their team would know when the weapon spawns. 

I'll disagree with that a little bit. Big part of Halo 3 was 'delaying' weapons (as in picking them up as they fall at their usual time). The weapons would spawn at a set time if someone never picks them up as they fall, but if the weapon was picked up as it fell, the timer for the next weapon would not begin until that weapon was sitting still on the map for a couple seconds (don't know/remember the exact length). This became a big part of the game as people could intentionally delay weapons so their team would know when the weapon spawns. 

Delaying weapons was awful and encouraged snowballing...

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, whatever cheeseball skill this highly niche crap introduced, it gets dwarfed by being able to set up for and acquire a weapon that everyone knows is spawning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, whatever cheeseball skill this highly niche crap introduced, it gets dwarfed by being able to set up for and acquire a weapon that everyone knows is spawning.

Lol reminds me of this one guy who said "dynamic spawns encourage you to get better with your base weapons"

Lol because a team snowballing the rockets is going to be managable with this slow ass pistol

The sales numbers of Halo 5 in october were posted just now. I would greatly appreciate seeing Halo 5s numbers compared to the previous titles. Is someone on top of that?

The sales numbers of Halo 5 in october were posted just now. I would greatly appreciate seeing Halo 5s numbers compared to the previous titles. Is someone on top of that?

Posted where?

I saw the list of October's highest selling games but have the actual numbers been released?

LOL @ some of you guys thinking Battlefront will not kick Halo 5 in the ass in regards to sales and NPD etc etc etc, The Force Awakens is coming...and with it, all the possible star wars  hype in this world. The game might fail a bit later but the amount of money its going to make is going to be ridiculous, plus DICE is actually pretty legit now, they fixed( took long but they did) BF4 entirely and now the game plays  super well AND they are still supporting it with Free DLC content(maps etc etc).

Don't doubt the hype of the force.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so this new sig that everyone is using doesn't seem to update.  I was expecting them to do a nightly batch and regenerate everyone's .png files.  Mine wasn't updated this morning.  I went to the site and regenerated mine.  That sucks.  Maybe they update every couple of days or something.....

LOL @ some of you guys thinking Battlefront will not kick Halo 5 in the ass in regards to sales and NPD etc etc etc, The Force Awakens is coming...and with it, all the possible star wars  hype in this world. The game might fail a bit later but the amount of money its going to make is going to be ridiculous, plus DICE is actually pretty legit now, they fixed( took long but they did) BF4 entirely and now the game plays  super well AND they are still supporting it with Free DLC content(maps etc etc).

You don't know the power of the dark side.

Game is still awful though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Of course it's a skill. 95% of the Halo population have probably never even thought to time weapons. Knowing the weapon spawn times is game knowledge, in the same way that strategies and spawns, etc, are also game knowledge. The game doesn't tell you where your opponents are going to spawn, but if you're good enough you will know where, or at least you can narrow it down. Timing weapons is no different.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who else has abstained from buying this game?

When I was but hurt over MCC launch, I was rebellious and planned on not buying.  I am glad I did though.  The campaign was honestly fun.  I've had a pretty good time with multiplayer too.

Of course it's a skill. 95% of the Halo population have probably never even thought to time weapons. Knowing the weapon spawn times is game knowledge, in the same way that strategies and spawns, etc, are also game knowledge. The game doesn't tell you where your opponents are going to spawn, but if you're good enough you will know where, or at least you can narrow it down. Timing weapons is no different.

Sure, but that niche skill is minute over the skill taking to contest power weapons/powerups when both teams know they are going up.

Anyone who thinks Dynamics spawns are better for Halo over Static spawns instantly make their opinions void.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I don't think Halo 5 Guardian's will be the last Halo 5 game

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3skpvm/a_theory_on_the_future_of_the_franchise_guardians/

The Ultimate Sustain Plan

This part basically invalidates his whole point

It would help sustain multiplayer. Guardians's multiplayer is a huge hit, loved by essentially everyone. Warzone is epic, and Arena feels as good as it did in Halo 2. This is because 343 made an enormous effort to get multiplayer PERFECT. They knew that the multiplayer needed to be a 10/10 in order to make up for the failings of both Halo 4 and the Master Chief Collection. 343 have talked about how they have made a long term commitment to Guardians's multiplayer. eSports are huge and only getting bigger, so Guardians's continued relevance is a big deal for 343 and especially for Microsoft. When some were concerned that the free DLC maps were going to be all Forge maps, Frankie completely shot that idea down on Neogaf, basically implying we all underestimate how much 343 has invested in maintaining the game's multiplayer experience (I'm paraphrasing but that was how I interpreted it).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played some FFA for the first time in this game and I think it's safe to say it was the worse experience I have ever had in Halo.