CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This ranking system can be so stupid some times. A few games in a row now, it matches me with two or three LOWER level people than me on my team and two or three HIGHER level people on the other team, probably a to4. Just, why? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you think the killtimes in the game aren't "fast enough", then don't nerf weaponry; bring everything else up around said weapon's standard. The AR issue could easily be fixed with a 4 shot Magnum, without nerfing it, much like the DMR was "fixed" in Halo 4 by buffing everything else, while keeping it the same, past a small range nerf. The Storm Rifle is at a disadvantage with its spray nature by having a very fast heat up and slow cool down time, whereas the Suppressor has a slow wind up time and slow moving projectiles which need to be lead (Same case for the Storm Rifle, projectile wise. It lacks hitscan.), despite having homing properties. The two weapons are powerful, but fine as they are, especially since they're limited to map pickups. The AR is mainly the issue since you spawn with it.

Note that I said SLIGHT nerf to automatics and buff the precision weapons. I feel like the automatics, especially things like the Storm Rifle are just ridiculously powerful considering their ease of use. I'm talking about maybe a 10% damage reduction for automatics and bringing the precision weapons close to the H1 pistol.

What is with the servers tonight? About to win a FFA and just get booted out.

I swear my rank is not being affected by it either...

Nope, rank went down. Nice Job 343.

Who actually likes lock on melees? So fucking boring. The least rewarding part of newer Halos.

RIP skillfull melees.

509RrdC.gif

What makes this worse now is that there's no longer a need for lunge.

Lunge was used in Halo 2 because of the issues with latency and because net code prediction was only a few years old at that point meaning that if there was no lunge many melees would fail to register (Not that lunge helped a whole lot with the whole "register" thing).

It's now 2015 and we have 4 shoulder buttons on our controller so we still have the ability to aim while pressing the melee button and net code prediction has come a long way since then. Why the hell is lunge still a thing?

• Upvote (+1) 3

343i's servers

mk5rbvg.gif

Pretty sure it's XBL. A lot of people aren't getting notifications anymore. Including myself and my 3 friends. 

Who actually likes lock on melees? So fucking boring. The least rewarding part of newer Halos.

RIP skillfull melees.

I love lock-on melees, they go perfectly with my lock-on sniper which is awesome because I can get some nasty snipunch medals.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Note that I said SLIGHT nerf to automatics and buff the precision weapons. I feel like the automatics, especially things like the Storm Rifle are just ridiculously powerful considering their ease of use. I'm talking about maybe a 10% damage reduction for automatics and bringing the precision weapons close to the H1 pistol.

Again, why nerf, rather than just bringing every weapon up to their standard. Don't slow the game down, speed it up. Things like the Storm Rifle and Suppressor are again, map pickups for a reason. :P The Rocket Launcher's ridiculously powerful despite its ease of use on all the corner based maps we have. (And in general, to be honest), yet there's no reason to nerf it, because it fills a specific map pickup role, much like the former two.  

Overheard in Team Arena tonight:

"Why do you keep dropping the flag, they can't see you if you hang on to it."

I explained that it was faster while getting our only cap of the match. I'm not an elitist by any stretch of the imagination, but I was pretty sure that flag juggling was known Halo-wide, even with more casual players.

Halo 5 better start nerfing things or taking things outta comp real soon. If 343 isn't willing to adjust weapons then we are gonna need different settings for comp/casual. And please don't say that this is some horrible thing because the game everyone mentions (CoD) does the exact same thing. Social is NOT the same as competitive. If you want them to be the same you have to build the game from the ground up with competitive being your sole focus. Otherwise the game should be split depending on what type of experience you want. This whole "keep the game the same" is crap if you aren't gonna make the game competitive and THEN transfer those settings to the casual community. It doesn't work the other way around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I explained that it was faster while getting our only cap of the match. I'm not an elitist by any stretch of the imagination, but I was pretty sure that flag juggling was known Halo-wide, even with more casual players.

Indicators weren't in H2 and H3, which is when objective games didn't suck ass. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah idk man, juggling is only a little bit faster but people can see where you are.

I'd much rather stay hidden than have a fat "I'm over here" symbol on the flag.

Yeah idk man, juggling is only a little bit faster but people can see where you are.

I'd much rather stay hidden than have a fat "I'm over here" symbol on the flag.

I like Flag juggling because it's like a dinner bell for *******. They focus on the flag instead of the guy shooting their team in the back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So does "Battle of Shadow and Light" actually mean something or is it just a weird, arbitrary blog title?

I was thinking shadow = ninja armor, light = tracker armor

Indicators weren't in H2 and H3, which is when objective games didn't suck ass. 

Still better than slayer though. 

RIP skillfull melees.

509RrdC.gif

Some of my friends consistently bitched about how hard melee is in Halo 1 (MCC) and when I said I liked it they said - No joke - "You just like it because it's harder and more competitive."

God damn right.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Battle of Shadow and Light" they are going full destiny with the "sustain plan" this game is meant to be a service now. Fully expecting a $40 dollar expansion next fall with an equally melodramatic title. 

"Battle of Shadow and Light" they are going full destiny with the "sustain plan" this game is meant to be a service now. Fully expecting a $40 dollar expansion next fall with an equally melodramatic title. 

Already stated all DLC will be free: http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/all-halo-5-guardians-dlc-maps-will-be-free

They also stated Split screen would be in though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Already stated all DLC will be free: http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/all-halo-5-guardians-dlc-maps-will-be-free

They also stated Split screen would be in though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm pretty sure they usually mention how they have free dlc until June. After that they could also get around the free dlc promise by calling it an expansion or using some other clever marketing lingo. 

Someone also made a point earlier how June is right around E3. The perfect time to announce a Halo 5 expansion.

• Upvote (+1) 1