CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In all honesty I figured that most people realized that for the plasma caster.. how Akuma used it looks to me like it's the weapons intended use but it also has some other options as well.

So if you guys haven't been using the plasma caster like that, how have you been using it?

Spam that motherfucker in P2 and in the bases from top mid. Raining Hell fire

FFA has decimated my win loss and K/D. Used to get a win every 3 games on average in FFA which isn't great but now that's going down to like 4 on average because I can't close out games and I'm only approaching the 2100 mark in Onyx so It can only get worse.

So does "Battle of Shadow and Light" actually mean something or is it just a weird, arbitrary blog title?

Latter.

Anyone figured out some neat setups with button mapping a regular controller? Also does the button mapping apply across all games? If so, what's the point of that.

Anyone figured out some neat setups with button mapping a regular controller? Also does the button mapping apply across all games? If so, what's the point of that.

It's across all games.

facedesk-o.gif

You made me cry a bit with that clip that could have been me in that clip.  :(

:rekt:

I both like and dislike splinter grenades.. I like having some sort of area of denial tool but dislike a lot of attributes about them. Competitive skill and merit aside, I've been booted by a player who ran straight into my splinter nades on purpose.. so they might want to rework this a bit.

I feel that it was "cool" that I could do what I did in that clip to stay alive while pinched, but I also feel that I shouldn't have been able to do that. Any other Halo I would have been punished in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still don't see why it isn't double XP and double REQ points. From what I could tell last week, the bonus XP was hardly anything. Faster to play Warzone Assault.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Grenade radius needs to be reduced about 20%. You simply dont have enough time to react to an oncoming grenade.

Also, hitmarkers need to go for the aforementioned reasons.

Also also, Pulse grenades should not be able to betray your team mates. Bad design decision.

I agree on the hitmarker part, but I disagree on the radius part. Constant spamming of nades has less to do with the radius but more about the reward/effort ratio of using grenades. Why run head first into battle and use your gun skill, when you can throw all the grenades in your inventory and completely block off the enemy? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty I figured that most people realized that for the plasma caster.. how Akuma used it looks to me like it's the weapons intended use but it also has some other options as well.

So if you guys haven't been using the plasma caster like that, how have you been using it?

Being dumb and assuming that only charged shots are useful. I was finding some success with sticking people with it lol

Didn't record the clip, but I stuck someone who was trying to Sprint up and spartan charge me. So satisfying

@@MultiLockOn just slapped me in FFA. That's two Beyond people I've been slapped by now after @@Batchford. Thanks guys.

Also wtf is going on with XbL? Not getting notifications, my messages are only coming through on smartglass

:ghost: :ghost:  What was your GT?

Noticeable delay. Not recommended for online FPS.

I swear to christ. If I give you 10 bucks PayPal, will you buy a new keyboard?>

i dont know what pay pal is...do i need an account?

The custom button mapping is great, but it sucks that it applies to everything. I finally got melee on RB with recon like it was in Reach, but now the back button for everything is RB as well. Not hitting the B button is gonna be hard.

Really not happy about the fact that button mapping is universal. Does anyone know a way around this besides switching it every time I switch games?

Really not happy about the fact that button mapping is universal. Does anyone know a way around this besides switching it every time I switch games?

Elite controller

• Upvote (+1) 2