CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Grenade radius needs to be reduced about 20%. You simply dont have enough time to react to an oncoming grenade.

Also, hitmarkers need to go for the aforementioned reasons.

Also also, Pulse grenades should not be able to betray your team mates. Bad design decision.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Grenade radius needs to be reduced about 20%. You simply dont have enough time to react to an oncoming grenade.

Also also, Pulse grenades should not be able to betray your team mates. Bad design decision.

I honestly think splinter nades need to go some thing like them does not belong in halo. I cant count how many times i am in a battle about to kill someone and they just throw it instant death so frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think splinter nades need to go some thing like them does not belong in halo. I cant count how many times i am in a battle about to kill someone and they just throw it instant death so frustrating.

Overreaction on 343's part since pulse nades were so limited

I swear to christ. If I give you 10 bucks PayPal, will you buy a new keyboard?>

Then h3'll break that keyboard and w3'll come full circl3. Sally s3lls s3a sh3lls by th3 s3ashor3 holy fuck I'm triggered.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Overreaction on 343's part since pulse nades were so limited

Another problem with them is they just sit there for 10 seconds they need a little bit of a nerf.

Then h3'll break that keyboard and w3'll come full circl3. Sally s3lls s3a sh3lls by th3 s3ashor3 holy fuck I'm triggered.

Y0, N0 cause for that...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone teach me how to use the Plasma Caster?

Vetoed showed a good point. I'll try explaining how I use it

Nokterne made a good point on the strat thread on how Caster should be used more as having 15 extra grenades. You can weaken off enemies, push them away from strong positions, kill them, Etc but you don't use it in a direct 1v1. Learn how to bounce shots and clean up kills with Pistol/AR/BR etc. essentially its a zoning gun. You need reads on when opponents want to push and do. It's probably the most mental gun in the game where you need to understand opponents to use effectively (IMO)

Not trying to show off but at least in my exp this is how I use caster and think is effective

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xWicked%20Swami/video/12520010

First shot wasn't meant to kill but I knew whatever I did, I would be down in shots. Single cast shots wouldn't be ideal and easy to dodge with smaller blast radius so I decided I would use a charged one to completely back him off. I threw a few nades to try getting my shields back and generally, 2 nades (especially if its frag then plasma) generally means my Nade spam is over, which I assumed my opponent thought too. So I shot two cast shots and I had a read and got the kill.

Next kill I knew opponent was bottom mid and used the bounce to net a kill. Last opponent I hear a callout and my friend baiting him to me and knew he was weak already so I only used a caster shot to weaken him and if he lived, clean up with Pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Now thinking of that weapon as 15 more nades makes it sound good, I always just try to get straight kills with it and fail.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty I figured that most people realized that for the plasma caster.. how Akuma used it looks to me like it's the weapons intended use but it also has some other options as well.

So if you guys haven't been using the plasma caster like that, how have you been using it?

Now thinking of that weapon as 15 more nades makes it sound good, I always just try to get straight kills with it and fail.

yea don't do that IMO. Act like you would with nades, if you're good with it you can oppress opponents very heavily and force them to unfavorable options. You can also dish a lot of damage. While it may not kill them, you are forcing opponents to not sprint (about 7 seconds) and play much more passively. Which is also why IMO cast is much better in CTF and Stronghold than in Slayer.weakening off opponents forced them more on surviving rather than working the objective (a half shield player is going to be more hesitant to sprint to the opponents flag when you are running it or if you weaken off opponents while capping a Stronghold, they will be more hesitant to try killing you. Even if they do, they'll probably die assuming you're full shields)

It's just my opinion though. Feel free to disagree

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty I figured that most people realized that for the plasma caster.. how Akuma used it looks to me like it's the weapons intended use but it also has some other options as well.

So if you guys haven't been using the plasma caster like that, how have you been using it?

Yea j think it's the general consensus from the strategy thread.

Sometimes I have used it in a 1v1 and only because I know switching to a pistol won't work considering my low shields or some other situation. Te only way it has worked in use is I look down and bounce the shots to my opponent. so far idk any other successful ideas

Granddady Purp, but that's beside the point. I'm sure I interpreted the post wrong, but thought it sounded like WTF are you casuals doing here on our competitive site. I thought this site welcomes all Halo players Noobs, Casuals and Competitive players. And, honestly this thread says Halo 5 Guardians Discussion and I didn't see anywhere on the home page that says welcome to the Halo "Competitive Community" website. Now I just being but hurt and a whiner. Sorry.

In other news BTB is coming >> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/battle-of-shadow-and-light

The site welcomes all, for sure, but the point is just that most people on here are primarily interested in competitive Halo.  With that said, "loving competitive Halo" and "thinking that H5 should have social playlists" are not mutually exclusive!  

That's different because of Projectile

Hitscan =/= High bullet magnetism

I mean it can still be skillful and the stickyness of the reticle not increased too much. But the current bullet magnetism is seriously too damn high.

Another problem with them is they just sit there for 10 seconds they need a little bit of a nerf.

Why do they need a nerf? Did you walk into them without looking one too many times? Seriously, even with the buff they got from Halo 4, they're still underpowered. I mean, past the initial explosion  (Which only kills with a direct hit, much like a sticky), you need to literally walk into one, or two of the remaining little splinters remaining to be killed by one, depending on shield strength. They're fine as they are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I definitely think grenades have too large a blast radius it's kinda ridiculous.

Really? I dodge them a good amount with the new abilities in h5 especially with Nade markers in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yea don't do that IMO. Act like you would with nades, if you're good with it you can oppress opponents very heavily and force them to unfavorable options. You can also dish a lot of damage. While it may not kill them, you are forcing opponents to not sprint (about 7 seconds) and play much more passively. Which is also why IMO cast is much better in CTF and Stronghold than in Slayer.weakening off opponents forced them more on surviving rather than working the objective (a half shield player is going to be more hesitant to sprint to the opponents flag when you are running it or if you weaken off opponents while capping a Stronghold, they will be more hesitant to try killing you. Even if they do, they'll probably die assuming you're full shields)

It's just my opinion though. Feel free to disagree

That might be all well and good, but why is it being treated as tier 3 power weapon when you can't just go for straight kills with it? The tier level is absolutely not justified when it shares it's tier with something like rockets and sniper which can be absolutely game-changing.

In vetoed's video you can see how it can be somewhat effective on the rig, but the geometry on truth makes it much weaker and practically pointless on that map.

If 343 didn't have the inclination to keep fixing something that isn't broken they should  have just replaced it with the grenade launcher.

The weapons handle similiar but the grenade launcher can actually get you kills instead of just having niche use (even if it can be very sucessful in that niche)

@@MultiLockOn just slapped me in FFA. That's two Beyond people I've been slapped by now after @@Batchford. Thanks guys.

Also wtf is going on with XbL? Not getting notifications, my messages are only coming through on smartglass

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@MultiLockOn just slapped me in FFA. That's two Beyond people I've been slapped by now after @@Batchford. Thanks guys.

Also wtf is going on with XbL? Not getting notifications, my messages are only coming through on smartglass

Probably from rolling out the UI update. Once everyone's transitioned it should start working right.