CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can someone teach me how to use the Plasma Caster?

I haven't seen anyone else mention this but the spread of the charge shot's cluster ability is pretty consistent if shot above the area you wish to trap. Grabbing plamsa caster on rig you can shoot the wall above junction to cat with a charge shot and the just about the entire cluster hits that area. As far as I can tell in all the videos I've ever watched, I haven't seen people use the plasma caster ABOVE the area they are trying to trap. They might put it on the wall near the player, or on the wall slightly above the player but this trick should be used directly above the area you want to trap. Shooting it on a wall above a player rather than a ceiling causes the cluster to kinda bounce around.

theres more than just this little trick.

I'm finding the caster to be a pretty cool gun to use but I still stand by my negative opinion on the hydra.. I will continue to abuse the absolute shit out of that gun and hope they find a way to make it a better weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'll pay you 1600 Microsoft points for the extensive guide.

Discontinued currency is always tempting  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a noticable delay?

Has anyone tried it?

Noticeable delay. Not recommended for online FPS.

they changed to serUe the same role because the games themselUes changed

I swear to christ. If I give you 10 bucks PayPal, will you buy a new keyboard?>

I GOT CONFUSED, I THOUGHT THOSE WERE FLAMES.

38d5081cb366ead5330645998112301f.pngf2c2fed5bfa1eeefb5da04181a12e601.png

Now that I look in closer detail... it's more like a tribal design.

MY B.

Must be it then. If the recruit charred helmet has the skull on top I'm assuming the armor has the skulls on the side.  I have 50 or so of both helmets and armor but none the one I want.  Dammit.

Hey everyone! I have posted a video on some improvements and ideas for Halo 5. You can check it out here

Please let me know what you think!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Discontinued currency is always tempting  :kappa:

So I watched that video, and I noticed when you're using the non charged shots that they bounce off the spartan. Is there impact damage?

Nah the one I saw had skulls on the arm pads.  Someone else said it was recruit charred.  Can't find a picture of it though.

It is Recruit Charred. I have both the helmet and the armour and used it for a quite a while. I recently changed it though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just found out they have the locus armor in H5.  Was the coolest helmet in H4.  Wish I could just buy that ish off ebay like I did for H4 dammit.

So is BTB unranked or ranked and more importantly is it BR starts?

Probably going to be ranked if we're going by previous actions.

So I watched that video, and I noticed when you're using the non charged shots that they bounce off the spartan. Is there impact damage?

It's very slight, and it might bounce back in your face so I would recommend avoiding that, I was just checking out if it detonated on direct impact (I'm still learning). You're still better off shooting a nearby wall than shooting directly at someone up close.

Or you could be a normal person and melee or shoot them with your other weapon, which unfortunately isn't my case.

@@Cooper what are you referring to with streaming and laptops?

Probably going to be ranked if we're going by previous actions.

"Hey guys, the community was real upset that shotty snipers was ranked and wasn't social.. we better make big team social in order to make everyone happy!"
  • Upvote (+1) 2

So is BTB unranked or ranked and more importantly is it BR starts?

Pretty sure they already said it's going to be ranked.

"Hey guys, the community was real upset that shotty snipers was ranked and wasn't social.. we better make big team social in order to make everyone happy!"

I don't think they even have the ability to have social playlists yet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know much about it. Just heard that because the xb1 now uses windows 10 that you can now stream whatever you are doing on your xb1 to any other windows 10 device.

The plasma caster is one of my favorite weapons to use, honestly I think regret would play better with one instead of the fuel rod.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The plasma caster is one of my favorite weapons to use, honestly I think regret would play better with one instead of the fuel rod.

Didn't think about this. Agreed 110%

Didn't think about this. Agreed 110%

regrets cramped design might actually be the best map for it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Needler is obviously the best power weapon on Regret. 

Needler is obviously the best power weapon on Regret. 

Anyone know how fast a needler can kill someone with OS in this game (thinking equal time as some one with normal shields)? That might actually be a true statement lol